Author Topic: odd biogiant  (Read 13378 times)

Offline Pietia

Re: odd biogiant
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2006, 11:16:57 AM »
A small question - is the one "without the extras" a 1 piece model or 2 piece model?

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2006, 12:54:34 PM »
One piece-not including all the little spikes you have to pin on.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Pietia

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2006, 01:22:42 PM »
Ok, so it seems, that we really have two different Biogiant models - mine consists of two main parts (lower body and upper body). Probably it has been sculpted later to replace the earlier model (as the photo on the box is of the one-part model, it had to be the earlier one, the model changed but the box design remained), like the resin and metal variants of Mercurian Maculator...

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2006, 01:38:14 PM »
regarding the hurricane walker: I have one unassambled with a resin body and metal legs/wings.

my friend bought one wich seems to have a two-part body.

so, what you guys have, one or two part body??
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 12:34:47 AM by Aldrien »
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2006, 05:36:32 PM »
the one that I have is this all-metal montrousity that was so badly cast I had to use about an inch of green stuff and used up a filing bit on a Dremel to clean it up...

looks nice now, but it took a lot of work to make it so...

didn't know they had put out a resin version...better than the 2 pounds of metal that mine is...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Alpha

• FAQ Team
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2006, 07:36:28 AM »
I have 7 Walkers....all are Metal, 2 part Hull. I'd be willing to trade for a resin one if someone wants (just for variety).
Arch Nemesis of the Pathetically Correct
Ebay Handle: Alpha-Male

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2006, 11:17:15 PM »
ok, there are 2 sculpts.

yesterday my friend opened (with gleaming eyes) a bioG box and it was 2 part with extra armor plates.
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2006, 05:09:00 AM »
ok, there are 2 sculpts.

yesterday my friend opened (with gleaming eyes) a bioG box and it was 2 part with extra armor plates.

Figures...  I just saw this thread.

Yes, there was two versions.  There had been a slight re-sculpt (iirc) not long before Target screwed the pooch.

FYI, I believe there is also two versions of the Behemoth.  Memory fuzzy on that one though- I simply recall one being in work.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2006, 10:35:07 AM »
I wonder if one is the basis for the Demoginis one (clearly a scratchbuild but a good one!).
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Ludwig

• Journeyman
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2007, 07:52:18 AM »
the behemoth did have 2 sculpts, but the first was never made. It was twice the size of the one that they produced, and it was canned because it was too complicated to cast (some 50 odd pieces). Much better sculpt IMHO.

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2007, 06:02:26 AM »
the behemoth did have 2 sculpts, but the first was never made. It was twice the size of the one that they produced, and it was canned because it was too complicated to cast (some 50 odd pieces). Much better sculpt IMHO.

Too bad. Would loved to have seen that one.

SP
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin