Author Topic: A touch of madness  (Read 4134 times)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
A touch of madness
« on: February 11, 2007, 04:40:25 PM »
Bhalaeron and the Nepharite known as Syler [cough-ripoff!-cough] looked upon the recently assembled forces.  “Your troopsss,” Bhalaeron hissed, “they are strangely uniform for screaming legionnaires.  Usually the wear whatever they can find on the battlefield.”
Syler scrubbed his claws together greedily, “Yesss.  I had them dipped in a Dark Symmetric lye to burn away their last vestiges of sanity.  Still, just as there is madness in chaos, there is even greater madness in order!  The humans have forgotten this lesson.”
“Yesss,” Bhaleron agreed, “that is why we burned their histories first when the Dark Soul emerged.  What of our willing pawn, the Major?  Will you bless him with madness as well?”
“No, he serves Demnoginis, his sister Illian.  Then he shall find his reward.”

VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
Re: A touch of madness
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 01:31:00 PM »
good work!

even though I think that red uniforms are not the perfect choise I envy your painting advances...

our imp player even offered some slave painting to me, because he is all done.............. :o :o :o :o

(2*10 trenchers, 2 walkers, 2 "necromower" vehicles, 2*8 elites, many chars... oh my...)

on the other hand, our muawijeh player is also lazy.. I will show him your work to inspire him!

cu
"Don´t anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: A touch of madness
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 01:31:31 PM »
Follow up.  This is the stuff, plus some spiky Undead Legionnairres and a lot of Demnoginis.  I wanted to give the army a unified feel, rather than go for the evil clown look of the Target painted figs.  Highlights of this batch include two Flamer guys who have been converted to regular weapons using some old spare weapons and hands that I have had lying around for a while (good to finally put them to use), ghetto Karnophages (really Vor growler pups), and the Zenethian Slaughermaster which turned out much better than I had intended.  Frankly I was not thrilled about painting it or the Soulslayers.  I did them up first and then the 'master with came out much better.  I was also very satisfied with the ezogoul.  I was inimidated by it at first but the final product was not unpleasant.  This army pleases me, if only because it is the closest to complete after Algeroth.  I still need figs for Demnoginis, Heretic Legionairres and Dissadents galore for Semai (I have not forgotten our trade Topkick) and a couple figs to round things out for Illian.  Don't even get me started with Mishima, Cybertronic or the Brotherhood.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!