Author Topic: Ezogoul Stats  (Read 10343 times)

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Re: Ezogoul Stats
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2005, 01:11:07 PM »
Thanks for the info Stalker.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2005, 01:48:39 PM »
Not a problem Dragon.  Not a problem at all.
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2005, 05:47:17 AM »
I don't have a good digital camera just the one my kids have on top of the computer. Ihope i added the picture correctly. Heres Mezoghoul, the smaller version, Behemoth, and a hussar for scale.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2005, 05:53:34 AM »
Well other than managin to save it as a word document, it worked all right.  and holy hell, that thing is HUGE! 

-PFC joe
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

Offline chribu

• Keeping track of all the answers
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2006, 10:02:41 AM »
[..]I know this came up on the old forums and Thom mentioned firing up the stat creation engine for it, but c'mon man![..]
Do they actually use a program to create stats or was it just an expression of yours?

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2006, 12:02:03 PM »
There is a formula that is used to calculate the overall point cost of the model based on the stats and abilities that the model has.
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2006, 01:10:47 PM »
Yeah there is a fairly complicated Rubric and no they won't share it =(  believe me, I've tried.

-PFC joe
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

Offline Gallagher_Standard_Barer

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2006, 12:30:21 PM »
[..]I know this came up on the old forums and Thom mentioned firing up the stat creation engine for it, but c'mon man![..]
Do they actually use a program to create stats or was it just an expression of yours?

Well, I don't know too much about the process but I know they do have a very complicated system and rubric to appropriately calculate PC based on the stats of the model and then adjust stats and SA  accordingly to arrive at a balanced model that is still playable in a skirmish game.  As for whether or not its an actual computer program, probably not a standalone in house developed program, but I wouldn't be surprised if its built as an MS Excel macro or some other digital aid to simplify and speed calculations.  But rest assured yes there is a definite system for how to price a model, and as PFC_Joe said,  no they won't be sharing it with us mooks anytime soon.

Offline Alpha

• FAQ Team
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2006, 10:49:31 AM »
I'd love to see some examples of how you guys painted this piece. I'm itching to work on mine, but to be as GINORMOUS as it is and have limited sculptured detail, I think I'm going to have to do some paint work to really make it look good.

What color scheme did you go with for the Mesoghoul (or the original SotC Ezoghoul)? I always really liked this model.....
Arch Nemesis of the Pathetically Correct
Ebay Handle: Alpha-Male