Author Topic: Ezogoul Stats  (Read 10337 times)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Ezogoul Stats
« on: October 05, 2005, 12:32:42 PM »
I know you guys have been busy, wicked cool new website and all, but did you ever knock out any UWZ-compatable rules for the limited edition Largish Ezogoul you guys put out a ways back?

Thanks
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Gallagher_Standard_Barer

Re: Ezogoul Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 02:09:05 PM »
The Mezoghoul?  Man I do not want to see that on the gaming table!  I thought that thing was a novelty item, like a MC style paperweight you could keep around the office to frighten co-workers, not a unit that was planned for use in game.  I know this came up on the old forums and Thom mentioned firing up the stat creation engine for it, but c'mon man!

If you do make stats for it I think the model would definitely need to go back into production.  Otherwise that would be like statting the Grizzly and saying "well if you have one, or are willing to shell out $200 on ebay, come win some tourneyments."

Ok I may have gone over board with that last comment  ;)

Offline kwegibu

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 09:31:34 PM »
Haha, try putting that thing into cover ;) With a high enough PC it could potentially be balanced. I mean really, it can only do so much with its 3 (maybe 4) actions. Meanwhile, the crazy amount of points of guys who can shoot at it you have in relation to its points can probably do some serious damage. Of course it probably has mad woundage, but then if you add up all the guys you bought not having one, you do too, and with more actions. Not to mention the bonus to hit something that big has got to be mosterous.

Offline LAWwaldo

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 01:46:12 AM »
Haha, unfortunetly with the way rules are written now, the max you can ever receive for shooting at a large target is +1.  Though you never know, they could start making exceptions/ammendments
"Life is tough; it's even tougher when your stupid." - John Wayne

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 02:02:30 AM »
Well ya gotta remember, even though the max to hit is +1 I'd love to see the terrain piece you could hide that thing behind.

It's Ginormous.  With a capitol MOUS!

-PFC joe
Qui desiderat pacem præparet bellum

Offline monte_kev

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 08:25:47 AM »
I'm reserving this spot for some notes on making Ultimate Warzone stats for my Megazoul model. What's a Mezaghoul you ask? Well it's a special limited edition model that was put out over 4 years ago by Excelsior Entertainment as a Gen Con exclusive. These sold for about $60 and were only available at Gen Con or through mail order during the month of Gen Con. I was unable to make it to Gen Con that year, and at the time could not afford the $60 price tag. However I recently found one on eBay for less in fact.

It was produced from the 3x master that was used to make the tooling for the plastic Ezoghoul for the Mutant Chronicles: Seige of the Citadel board game. Yep, he was sculpted 3 times the size of intended model, then CMM scanned, scaled down and injection molded plastic tooling was cut from that. Excelsior took the master and made a rubber mold to cast it from pewter. Personally I like the looks of the plastic Ezoghoul over the pewter one and so the 3x big brother of the plastic Ezoghoul was a must. The casting is pretty damn rough, I suppose the rubber mold was not thick or stiff enough as nothing fits (I expected some fit issues and certainly not the precision fit one would expect from an injection molded plastic part). So I'm going to pretty well need to break out the Black & Decker Wizard Rotary Tool and do some grinding and Green Stuff sculpting to put this badboy together. Certainly going to need some heavy pinning too as this thing was designed to be plastic I don't think it's going to hold up to the weight. One of the legs had broken off already while playing with it. However, the size does allow some easy repostioning, and since I'm already breaking out the tools I might as well do some more detailing.

Now it also came with rules for Warzone 2nd Edition, but there have been no plans for an Ultimate Edition rules yet. I did post a request for it and actually Thom did consider it. Also he challenged me to have it put together and show him at Gen Con this year. Then I got the hernia, and well based on what happened at Gen Con this year, I'm glad I didn't kill myself putting it together. 

Anyways, my initial thoughts for the Mezaghoul are.

1) It's a Size 6 Model and will follow the rule of 1/500 points in an army, it can't MP, or dive for cover.
2) Since the Ezoghoul is now a Muawijhe linked unit, the Megazhoul will be it's big brother. Besides, Illian, Demnogognis, and Algeroth have unique Size 6 beasts.
3) Sort of disapointed in the Ezoghoul's ranged weapon, and figure that the Megazoul may have something a bit nastier than just a 3x version of the Blutarch Handcannon. Same goes with the sword. Maybe give them some anti-vehicle capabilities.

Anyways, when I'm done I'll post the stats for this badboy here.

Propably start off with
Mezaghoul
Support Unit, required 1 model, necrobiotic
CC11 RC10 PW11 LD13 AC3 WD8 ST11 MV5 AR24 SZ6 PC Approx 130-175

Equipment: Gatling Cannon, Dimension Blade

Special Abilities: Dire Rating 5, Impenetrability, Secondary Attack, Enhanced Charge

that is from cmdrkiley
Kevin
Avid Drag racer + TTGamer
currently running
Bauhaus and Brotherhood
www.miniartofwar.com

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2005, 04:25:36 AM »
Well.  That's a start then!

For those who don't want to see it on the board (and I can understand why) my only arguement is that there is a virtual contract with EE that they made the darned (darned to heck I might add) thing with rules with the undertanding that it was to be considered playable.  They also have gone out of their way (again admirably-don't make me rant against the "we've just re-created our oldest models just for the sake of re-doing them for the third or forth time oh and don't even think of using the oop ones in public"-darn it, there I go again) ahem, anyhoo, to make sure that all models from WZII (electric boogaloo) are useable; therefore so should this monstrosity.

Will you punch me in the nose if I try to use it against you without prior agreement?  Probably (but this thing is heavy and makes a good field expedient club).

my  $.02
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Spagg

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2005, 07:16:48 AM »
I believ, on the old forums, it was stated that we would see some stats at some oint for the mezoghoul. I hope we do cause I have one of these bad boys sitting in my basement waiting to be unleashed on several other Warzone armies ;D.

Offline Alpha

• FAQ Team
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2005, 10:20:15 AM »
I simply can't wait to get this painted up....the Mezoghoul is a very impressive sculpt and sure to get attention.
Arch Nemesis of the Pathetically Correct
Ebay Handle: Alpha-Male

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2005, 11:04:59 PM »
Mine is gathering dust as well, but that's due more to my extended overseas vacation.  Still, most of my unpainted figs are DL and they beckon...

Offline Gallagher_Standard_Barer

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2005, 02:02:03 PM »
See, I wouldn't mind throwing one in my Muawijhe army, if the model goes back into production, and stats are made I darn sure will be.  But my personally preference is to relagate the Mezoghoul to the same roll as the SD Valpurgius, SD Dominic, or the 13" tall templar trophy, which is to say an impressive monument to the table top gaming hobby but not a playable mini.

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2005, 11:30:27 AM »
Was there any stats for the mezoghoul ? I'd like to have them even if they were 2nd edition. Just aquired one.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2005, 04:09:10 PM »
The Mezoghoul did originally come with second ed stats.  I don't have my copy available at the moment but I can look them up. 

As far as this being a playable piece, it is my understanding that this was originally designed as more of a collectors piece.  It was only released at one convention years ago and had a limited print run.  It was a special promo to attract fans to come and support the game at the con.  Since it was never mass produced, I would question whether it could really be considered a true playing piece.  I mean, it actually makes the Biogiant and Behemoth look small!
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2005, 12:46:33 AM »
Does anyone have a pic of one? Perhaps even painted.

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2005, 12:00:55 AM »
Sorry Coil, mines still near mint in the box.  I just opened it long enough to look at it and awe.  If you're aware of the SotC plastic Ezoghoul then this is the same exact design just waaaaaaay bigger.

As for those 2nd Ed stats

CC   RC   PW   LD   AC   WD   ST   MV   AR   SZ   Cost
14   12    13    15    3     6     14     5    15    7    250

1 per 2000 pt Algeroth Army   Equipement -  Gatling Cannon, Dimension Blade

SA -  Cause Fear, Enhanced Charge, 1 extra CC attack, Immune to Panic, Immune to Fear, Give Orders, Weapons Immunity 10 - Can not dive for cover or go prone - May sweep attack up to 1" away
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.