Author Topic: Orcas  (Read 5297 times)

Offline Scorpion

• Journeyman
Orcas
« on: January 29, 2007, 02:58:07 AM »
I have some questions about Orca:

1) Can Orca HMG crew start game out of Orca walker (in command distance) or he must be onboard when deployed in zone?

2) Does Orca for embarking/disembarking rule act as transport, so Orca itself and HMG must spend two actions for embarking/disembarking and Orca must not move for these two actions (although Orca can still shoot on enemy) or Orca must spend only one not moving action, but HMG must spend two?

3) When HMG disembark Orca, does the soldier now act as separate model or is he constantly member of Orca squad so long he spend one action to form fireteam?

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Re: Orcas
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 06:13:07 AM »
1) Must be on board at start and must spend 1 action to form Fireteam.
2)I would say the cost would be 1 action for the HMG to mount back on since it only took 1 to get off.
3) Yes he has formed a seperate unit.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Scorpion

• Journeyman
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 06:38:50 AM »
1) Ok, I understand, that he must start onboard.

2) I description of HMG crew is writen, that embarking or disembarking the Orca costs two actions. Not only one. But must spend this 2 actions not moving both HMG crew AND Orca, OR only HMG, there is difference between this two options.

3) You wrote, that HMG must spend action to form fireteam, but then You wrote, that after disembarking he act as separate model. So form fireteam os here only for purpose of joining another HMG crews from other Orcas and so one?

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 08:48:19 AM »
As far as # 3 each HMG can be it's own unit and let me check my book I answered without checking.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 10:17:52 AM »
As far as # 3 each HMG can be it's own unit and let me check my book I answered without checking.

As I recall, Disembarking is the Form Fireteam part....  when he does, he is forming the Fireteam.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Scorpion

• Journeyman
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 01:48:29 PM »
So the HMG crew spend one action to get out of Orca and then spend one action for form fireteam, so thats why embarking and disembarking cost HMG man two actions. Now I got it. Thanks.

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 02:36:49 PM »
After reading the rule book it looks like it cost 2 actions for the rider to break down the HMG and disembark. I would assume the form fireteam is there so he can merge with another model with form fireteam.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 02:56:17 PM »
After reading the rule book it looks like it cost 2 actions for the rider to break down the HMG and disembark. I would assume the form fireteam is there so he can merge with another model with form fireteam.

No.  Like the Strike Kommandos that can be on a Strike Skimmer, they are associated to the Orca.  If they wish to leave the Command Radius of the Orca, they must Form Fireteam.  Strike Kommandos must stay within the Command Distance of the Strike Skimmer, even if they disembark.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 03:37:59 AM »
So the HMG crew spend one action to get out of Orca and then spend one action for form fireteam, so thats why embarking and disembarking cost HMG man two actions. Now I got it. Thanks.

no, he does not need to form a fire team!

after two actions he is still in the squad, needing to spend the 3. to split away.

-> offtoppic: is it possible to re-enter a squad after previously been away as a fire team?

*edit: offtoppic because it is not orca specific.. but in the orca case: reenter the orca after been on a airing y/n *
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 03:46:10 AM by Aldrien »
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 03:41:20 AM »
I do not know, Aldrien.  Further, I do not consider that off topic.  It is a sound question.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!