Author Topic: Lotus Eaters Magic questions  (Read 39962 times)

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
Re: Lotus Eaters Magic questions
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007, 06:55:46 PM »
one last question, I think, do spellcasters have to attack the nearest enemy unit?  I would think that would greatly hinder their abilities, which already take some creativity to use.  for example a spell says can be cast on any unit within LOS, does that really mean any unit or individual, or any type of unit, in LOS, as long as it is the nearest

Unless the spell states otherwise, any legal target in range is valid, they do not have to obey targeting priority.

So, for example, if a spell has a range of LOS, than any model in LOS may be targeted, whether closest or otherwise.

SP
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 06:58:12 PM by Southpaw »
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2007, 09:35:40 AM »
     1.  A Lotus-eater casts a FREEZE spell on a warband and the warband fails its save.  The next time the Elvish player activates a axemen warband and they charge the FROZEN warband.  What are the +/- that the axemen would recieve against the Frozen warband?  Would it be the same as PRONE?

2.  A Risen warband fails all 3 saves against FREEZE.  Do they DIE (again)?  They are undead and I find it hard to believe that they can freeze to death. ;D
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2007, 10:00:42 AM »
1. The only action that Frozen models may take is to attempt to break free. That being the case, it is implied that, while Frozen, models cannot be attacked, since they are "frozen in a block of ice".

So, I personally would rule it as follows: while frozen, models cannot normally be attacked. If you choose to do so, you are attacking through the ice they are frozen in, and thus the Freeze is dispelled.

2. Yes, undead can be frozen....bones do break, after all....and get quite brittle in extreme cold....
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

Negral Zar'akin

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2007, 10:10:28 AM »
1. The only action that Frozen models may take is to attempt to break free. That being the case, it is implied that, while Frozen, models cannot be attacked, since they are "frozen in a block of ice".

So, I personally would rule it as follows: while frozen, models cannot normally be attacked. If you choose to do so, you are attacking through the ice they are frozen in, and thus the Freeze is dispelled.

2. Yes, undead can be frozen....bones do break, after all....and get quite brittle in extreme cold....

1.  Thats the way I saw it but wanted more input.

2.  Figured that was the case, but wanted to check (never hurts to ask).  

Thanks for the input, your a very useful fellow. :)

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2007, 05:42:16 PM »
My pleasure, as always. I'm glad to be of service.

SP
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

Negral Zar'akin

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2007, 08:36:18 PM »
My pleasure, as always. I'm glad to be of service.

SP

"Glad to be of service" Are you a product of the Cyrius Cybernetic Corporation?  ;D

Sorry - listening to the Hitchhiker's Guide on cassette again
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2007, 06:23:42 AM »
Ahhh...............late 70's/early 80's................Hitchhiker's, Tripods, Doctor Who.............the memories. ;)

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2007, 11:20:23 AM »
I'm havin' a moment here y'all.   :'(
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2007, 12:11:21 PM »
Ahhh...............late 70's/early 80's................Hitchhiker's, Tripods, Doctor Who.............the memories. ;)
All of these were great shows. ;D ;D
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2007, 12:44:00 PM »
Good 'ol PBS, hopefull it never dies.

Offline troy-the-just

Re: Lotus Eaters Magic questions part 3
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2007, 09:07:29 AM »
ok, the blizzard spell, pg. 249.  it states it blocks LOS for missile fire, does it then block LOS for everything else as well?  also, it states it remains until the start of the casters next turn.  does that mean it is in  effect until i activate the lotus eater the next turn, or simply fades away at the end of the turn?  given the way everything is written, etc.  id say it stays until the next time the lotus eater is activated, adn that the blizzard blocks LOS period. 

please opine

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2007, 09:29:05 AM »
It blocks LOS and stays in effect until you activate the caster again. So if you activate the caster last it would remain through your next turn until the casters goes.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline troy-the-just

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2007, 09:58:40 AM »
thanks much!

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2007, 06:21:32 AM »
Not sure I agree with that.

The spell specifically states that it does block LOS for missile fire, cannot fire in or fire out. However it also states that it does not affect Close Combat, thereby implying that LOS is affected only enough to prevent missile fire. You must have LOS to charge, and since the spell does not affect close combat, we must assume that there is still LOS, just not for shooting purposes.

So, does Blizzard completely block LOS? No, only for Missile Fire.

SP

It blocks LOS and stays in effect until you activate the caster again. So if you activate the caster last it would remain through your next turn until the casters goes.
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

Negral Zar'akin

Offline troy-the-just

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2007, 06:29:31 AM »
what about for spells requiring LOS?  isnt that more similar to missile fire than cc?  I certainly see your argument on cc, and that makes sense, a blizzard will obsure long range sight more than close range, certainly you can see to walk etc., and I can buy charge.

Also, the Chronomancers interrupt action, that requires LOS I assume?  Would that be affected if he is the subject of a blizzard?  I would think so unless he is within 4" or so of the individual which he wants to interrupt