Author Topic: Brotherhood Grunt sergeants  (Read 3488 times)

Offline Toshiro

• Journeyman
    • Czech Warzone
Brotherhood Grunt sergeants
« on: December 16, 2006, 03:35:22 PM »
Is there any reason why they dont have assault rifles?

It is a very big disadvange. And make those units overcosted, because of one unusable model. I personaly play only archprimates and sacred warriors because of this.

I know that model actualy has only pistol (but regulars and ducal militia sgt. dont have visible assault rifle too for example)

Maybe they can be recosted with added assault rifle and this can be added to official FAQ?
(not a big change, but it makes brotherhood more playable, and it makes sense in comparsion)

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
Re: Brotherhood Grunt sergeants
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 01:18:54 AM »
I donīt know.. at 12īthey can shoot accurate with d9 (insted of 10).

ok, no  AR does not make sense, but I donīt see rl, grenadiers or snipers with the AP or SW
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 05:43:47 AM »
Is there any reason why they dont have assault rifles?

It is a very big disadvange. And make those units overcosted, because of one unusable model. I personaly play only archprimates and sacred warriors because of this.

I know that model actualy has only pistol (but regulars and ducal militia sgt. dont have visible assault rifle too for example)

Maybe they can be recosted with added assault rifle and this can be added to official FAQ?
(not a big change, but it makes brotherhood more playable, and it makes sense in comparsion)

I had wondered the same thing... but in the case of the Trooper Sgt, I came up with a fluff reason.

Her job is to make certain none of her troops turn to the Darness....  if they do, she has the responsibility to execute said traitor to the Light.

Sounds corny... but in my Brotherhood armires, I have played it that way.  Makes the Army self-policing...  (Ask McGee- I did that in a game...)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 06:46:15 AM »
He did, after the Imperial Jump Brigades landed behind his lines.  Apparently, one of his squads went rogue (poor dice rolls and an inexperienced commander).  He dispached the last man, ensuring that Brotherhood would leave no man behind - or alive!  ;D
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!