Author Topic: Proxy Miniatures  (Read 5833 times)

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
Proxy Miniatures
« on: December 10, 2006, 01:39:27 PM »
 Hi I have seen these for awhile now and it has occured to me that some of these would be good for Warzone.
 The Assassin miniatures would be good proxy's for Mishima and the Enforcers would be cool Cartel miniatures.Have a look and please post your thoughts.

http://www.eastridingminiatures.co.uk/erm/25mmCW.htm

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: Proxy Miniatures
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 03:32:23 PM »
Not bad but some of the factions come with visual baggage.

- The Assassin figs are too Kill Bill (female poses) and too Daredevil (male pose)
- The Slicks figs are too Dark City

Just my opinion though
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 04:47:03 PM »
you might be able to use the "slicks" minis as Cartel agents...

other than that, the minis look a little too blah for my personal tastes...there's not a lot of detail and I'd worry about the scale of them...

that and the Commissar minis down at the bottom of the page, could the collars on that coat get any higher up?...

B...
fashion police...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 01:08:42 AM »
The Commissar miniature is a Shock Force miniature.I will be ordering some soon and post size comparisons when I get them.

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 07:04:09 AM »
The Slicks could work well for for Cultists, as well. :)
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 10:42:39 AM »
Placed my order and will post comparison pictures when the arrive.

Wedge

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 11:50:42 AM »
I must be getting cynical or just really picky lately.  I concur with Sylvas' comment.  I think they are "Blah" as well.  The female musculature on the assassins are really disproportionate and the bald guys with the long trenchcoats ALL look the same.

On a scale of 1-10 I'd give all of these miniatures a 3.5.  Am I being too harsh?

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 12:11:19 PM »
I must be getting cynical or just really picky lately.  I concur with Sylvas' comment.  I think they are "Blah" as well.  The female musculature on the assassins are really disproportionate and the bald guys with the long trenchcoats ALL look the same.

On a scale of 1-10 I'd give all of these miniatures a 3.5.  Am I being too harsh?

Meh.  I've seen worse.

Two of the Assain chicks are decent.  The Slicks are alright as Delaques or even as Cartel Agents, though I would only use two or three of them- investing in a few Cartel Agents figs or some of the Copplestone corporate types for variety.  the Cops could work as Security Police... but I think using 40k Scouts with Bolters are a better deal/ more in line with the cops of Warzone.

John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 02:31:52 PM »
  Two of the Assain chicks are decent.  The Slicks are alright as Delaques or even as Cartel Agents, though I would only use two or three of them- investing in a few Cartel Agents figs or some of the Copplestone corporate types for variety.  the Cops could work as Security Police... but I think using 40k Scouts with Bolters are a better deal/ more in line with the cops of Warzone.

The Slicks look like Delaque knock-offs...they would work as them in a game of Necromunda if you don't have or don't want to pay the price of the figs (but in doing the conversion from Pounds to Dollars, these are actually a little more expensive)...the thing that I don't like about them is 1.), there is almost no detail on them, so they look like an emaciated block of lead; and 2.) they look like they would be a little difficult to convert...

me, I'll stick to using the Delaque figs that I know are easy to convert (plus I already own some)...

I've never thought about using SM Scouts as Cartel cops...now I have to look at my figs a little closer...

B...

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 08:17:55 PM »
The Commissar miniature is a Shock Force miniature.I will be ordering some soon and post size comparisons when I get them.

I own a small force of Vengequin.  DemonBlade (Shock Force) models are just a hair small but still in the same scale.  I think they are a true 25mm instead of the heroic 25mm which I'm told is more like 28mm.
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2006, 10:50:22 AM »
I have a few odd miniatures from Shock Force and they are quite nice miniatures.The little Rat's with guns are great.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2006, 01:39:38 PM »

I've never thought about using SM Scouts as Cartel cops...now I have to look at my figs a little closer...

B...

I've been using my SM Scouts with bolters for Cops for a while.  Helps that they (the two unit types) are infiltrators in both games...

I use Arbites for the Dark Slayers.  However, I am debating on getting some shotgun bits to use on some plastics- either the extra militia or troopers I have.  Maybe even some of the Catachan I still have on sprue.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2006, 02:40:04 PM »
I have used my Arbites as cops before, but now I'm letting a friend of mine use them as Legates for his force...

Catachans I use as either Free Marines or Freedom Brigadiers...

after looking at the Orlock minis for Necromunda, you could probably use them as Heretics...

B...
could probably find some use for the Ork minis I have also..

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2006, 04:45:42 PM »
Found this one too.Might make a good Golem of Darkness with the right paint job.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/20580