Author Topic: UWZ rulebook, copyrights, and making copies.  (Read 4443 times)

Offline WagesofSin

UWZ rulebook, copyrights, and making copies.
« on: October 01, 2005, 03:44:43 PM »

Here's the problem. I bought the UWZ rulebook, used it for a bit until it was stolen. I am without a rulebook and am loathe to spend another $50 for the replacement. Is it OK to make a copy of a rulebook for my personal use, or does it break somekind of law?

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: UWZ rulebook, copyrights, and making copies.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 04:34:31 PM »
Stolen?  From where was it lifted, if I may ask? (I ask because I have in my possession a rulebook that was left behind and did not want to see it not find it's rightful owner)
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Gallagher_Standard_Barer

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 04:40:57 PM »
I can't rule on the legality of making a copy, though my gut says almost certainly not.  What I am posting to point out is the current new website promotion EE is running.  They're offering a hefty discount on the rule books for both Chronopia and Warzone, 30% if I remeber correctly.  If you can't get your book back you may want to look into this promo.

Offline WagesofSin

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2005, 09:18:51 AM »
Ya, I didn't think it was very legal as well... Oh well. Someone stole it from my dorm room, so I doubt it was the book that was "left behind"(though if you're feeling generous, I can take it off your hands!)