Author Topic: Capital Barking Spiders  (Read 35819 times)

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
Re: Capital Barking Spiders
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2006, 03:39:47 PM »
Isn't there a Ranger Sgt or something that has his arms out from the body - just cut at the shoulder and pin the new ones in.

looking at some of my Rangers (the ones in my house, as my wife, for some inexplicable reason has taken my car), the Ranger Sgt and the Ranger Captain both as sculpted like that...the other Rangers, if I remember correctly, have the guns sculpted to the body (now that I think of it, maybe one of the sculpts doesn't)...

you might be able to do some damage to the Grenadier also, and maybe the Sniper, but I think that's it...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2006, 03:48:44 PM »
It just takes multiples of one fig and the appropriate number of Cadian arm sets and presto you have Barking Spiders
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2006, 04:06:31 PM »
It just takes multiples of one fig and the appropriate number of Cadian arm sets and presto you have Barking Spiders

only if yuo have multiple sprues of the Cadian arm sets...I know that bits like that are kind of pricey from GW...

B...

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2006, 04:09:53 PM »
Might be easier to get some Rangers and use Cadian GL arms from Battle Wagon Bits..........hhhmmmm and me with 10 bucks in credit there  ;D

I get my bits from Battle Wagon Bits usually. You must have missed the above post on page 1
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2006, 04:38:10 PM »
So we're sanctioning this new troop?  ???
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2006, 04:39:54 PM »
I get my bits from Battle Wagon Bits usually. You must have missed the above post on page 1

didn't miss it...it's just that SOME of us don't have this type of access to bits like others...

B...
might have the bits to make this up though...

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2006, 04:40:23 PM »
So we're sanctioning this new troop?  ???

doubt it...it just sounds like a fun thing to make...

B...

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2006, 04:49:17 PM »
But if people make them then they will want to use them.  Aren't there enough troop types already in the book  without models yet, that can be made?

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2006, 05:25:31 PM »
But if people make them then they will want to use them.  Aren't there enough troop types already in the book  without models yet, that can be made?

probably...I think that this just started by someone looking through the 1st ed. book and noticing this unit and it has evolved into this...

I don't think that there is any great call or demand to make this unit, because, as you said, there is enough out there that hasn't been made....I think that it is just some of the old guard remembering an old, funny-named unit and wanting to convert some spare minis to represent them...

now if you wanted to just go off and design new units, then wouldn't someone want to go nuts and design all of those old Imperial Special Forces units?...

Personally, I don't think anything of it...let the boys have their fun...

B...

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2006, 05:48:36 PM »
I'm just offering advice on a way to make a conversion. What people do in the privacy of their own home/game group is beyond my control. At Origins and other events I run I will keep it closer to the official rules set.

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2006, 05:50:59 PM »
Glad to see we're still on the same page Top.  For a minute there, I thought you had "converted".  ;D

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2006, 05:53:58 PM »

didn't miss it...it's just that SOME of us don't have this type of access to bits like others...

B...

Then maybe you should ask or offer a trade for the bits - I am not above petty bribery  ;D

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2006, 06:05:20 PM »
Glad to see we're still on the same page Top.  For a minute there, I thought you had "converted".  ;D

I'm not above making units/items to enhance my scenarios but only to further the storyline; power-gaming for the sake of power-gaming is no fun. That's why I left the GW train. Anything I do as a Midwest Crusader goes by the same rules I followed as a Crusader. That is what I'm still on a mission from Thom is really all about. I still number myslef among the True Believers. I've sworn 3 oaths in my life. One to my ex-wife, one to my country and one to Thom. In spite of divorce, my current civilian status and Excelsior's demise - I stay true to all three.

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2006, 06:08:34 PM »
In spite of divorce, my current civilian status and Excelsior's demise - I stay true to all three.

Many kudos for that Top.  There's nothing more noble than a man who's true to his words.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2006, 06:31:38 PM »

B...

Seriously Battle Wagon Bits is not that expensive - scope it out

http://www.bwbits.com/product/3933

Cadian Grenade Launcher x3 Bits

For sale is a set of three Warhammer 40K Imperial Guard Cadian Grenade Launchers. Included in this purchase you will recieve enough Games Workshop Imperial Guard Cadian pieces to complete three models including three Grenade Launcher, Support Arm, and Extra Ammo Hip Pack. These bits are a great addition to any Games Workshop Imperial Guard Model or any Warhammer conversion you can think of! As always with Battlewagon Bits, all model peices come right off the sprue and have never been glued or painted.

Our Low Price: $1.75

A unit of 4 plus Sgt would only cost $ 3.50 plus shipping
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 06:35:43 PM by Topkick »