Author Topic: sea lions showing off their smart new uniforms  (Read 13102 times)

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: sea lions showing off their smart new uniforms
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2006, 09:42:23 AM »
Lurker decloaks........He aims..........He shoots...........HE SCORES  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2006, 10:38:43 AM »
Yeah, that's gonna have to rate some good karma.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Wedge

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2006, 11:33:48 AM »
The following comment is in no way a critique of the paint job--which I think is very well done...

My comment is directed at the miniature itself...

Have you guys ever noticed that the Sea Lions look like a bunch of 70 year old  (albeit buff) men?

Is it just me?

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2006, 01:13:25 PM »
I don't know who did that sculpt but you can recognize his work because every fig in that generation looks exactly the same in regards to their face and poor posture (obviously the slouched in class growing up).
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2006, 04:24:52 PM »
The following comment is in no way a critique of the paint job--which I think is very well done...

My comment is directed at the miniature itself...

Have you guys ever noticed that the Sea Lions look like a bunch of 70 year old  (albeit buff) men?

Is it just me?

The one looks like the alien at the end of the credits of every Star Trek episode!  AAAAIIIEEEEEEEE!  (The model, not the awesome paint job)
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline lurker

• Journeyman
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2006, 08:37:53 AM »
Cranky old farts all of them, ready to deal out some arthitis powered punishment using the ol' M50-cane... Standing up for the old guys in a maelstrom of dark symmetry and young Imperial/Mishiman/Bauhaus fops!

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2006, 02:38:37 PM »
Cranky old farts all of them, ready to deal out some arthitis powered punishment using the ol' M50-cane... Standing up for the old guys in a maelstrom of dark symmetry and young Imperial/Mishiman/Bauhaus fops!

does this mean that the LFT models shoots out a template full of Ben Gay...(or Aspercreme, take your pick)

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2006, 08:00:55 PM »

does this mean that the LFT models shoots out a template full of Ben Gay...(or Aspercreme, take your pick)

B...

Aspercreme doesn't have that cool odor.  Ben-Gay smell makes for great "old" jokes!  ;D
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2006, 10:27:45 PM »
My .02,

Well painted figs.   The sunglasses work well!

Now to a highly subjective critique from a washed out film critic....  I don't like straight black in large areas.   Maybe put on a grey striped camo pattern to break up the black a bit?  Or perhaps green camo striping, and paint the padded area of the kneepads some other color (olive drab?), again to break up the solid black.  My personal preference, is to work as many colors in as practical, but the colors can be muted to keep the "stealth" look you are after. 

Even with my personal aversion to black, the figs do look good.  Nice job on the various Stars and Bars motifs throughout.   Even with their current black scheme, they would be a nice addition to any table. 

...and remember.  If you're going to have a war in the jungle, you might as well clash!   

Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2006, 06:17:41 AM »
very nice
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline lurker

• Journeyman
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2006, 02:39:44 PM »
You might have a point there MadBrad, perhaps I will add some other, suitably stealthy, color to them in the future. Too many things to paint!