Author Topic: just for fun  (Read 20027 times)

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
just for fun
« on: November 15, 2006, 10:40:00 AM »
just for for fun
what cultures from around world would feel would be a great add on to warzone.
Me I always felt africa and  india would be goldmines for army designs. I'm shock most minature games dont use them for inspiration.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 10:42:51 AM by masherking »
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Re: just for fun
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 10:57:00 AM »
Steve you have to remember at best Africa, India and say South America would be addition Tribes of Earth not Mega Corps since the resoures of Earth had been used up.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 11:01:08 AM »
Steve you have to remember at best Africa, India and say South America would be addition Tribes of Earth not Mega Corps since the resoures of Earth had been used up.

details
details

think of it  as what if kinda thing.

Offline Heretyk

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 11:23:49 AM »
Adding some new factions as Dark Eden Tribes could work. Some new tribes would have been added, as Thom stated, in some future expansion books.

I also don't think that adding every possible culture would be a good idea. Earth was totaly devasted, after the "nukes under Luna" episode. We have some tribes, so adding two or three new factions wouldn't have been a problem.

And a big no to new megacorporations - there is no room for them in MC world.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 11:32:30 AM »
I think that I agree with Steve, here, Phil.  Afterall, you have Japan (Mishiman), Eurasia (Bauhaus), North America (Capitol), and the British Isles and Australia(Imperial).

It seems that the Ubuntu conept would work great.  I think that Africa could have both a Megacorporation, as well as a tribe or two.  Afterall, Africa has many cultures, today, including Native Africans, North Africans-Middle Easterners, Europeans, etc.

South America has several cultures, including Native Americans (Incans, Mayans, etc.), Portuguese and other Europeans (Falklands being Imperial, by game standards).

Another Megacorporation could arise, much like Cybertronic did.

I think that India falls withiin the tribes (Cresentians), or part of Imperial (a new colonialism?) but could, easily, be considered for a new Megacorporation.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 11:44:45 AM »
This is not an attack but with all the Mega-corps having left earth heavy polluted and drained of all resourses per the fluff where would any of the above groups gained the resourses and funds to leave earth and become a force to compete with the current Corps. At best I could see maybe 4 to 6 new tribes of earth. IMHO of course.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 11:52:29 AM »
No problem, bud.  I agree with you on the fluff.  Steve, I think, was proposing a Spidermanesque "What If?"
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 12:00:22 PM »
No problem, bud.  I agree with you on the fluff.  Steve, I think, was proposing a Spidermanesque "What If?"

yes this is the intent.
a creative exercise in " would it be kool if this was in the game"....you know just for fun.

I was thinking since alot of game is based on north america and europe what other cultures could have been used
that people feel would have added a neat flavor to the game.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 12:20:27 PM »
This is not an attack but with all the Mega-corps having left earth heavy polluted and drained of all resourses per the fluff where would any of the above groups gained the resourses and funds to leave earth and become a force to compete with the current Corps. At best I could see maybe 4 to 6 new tribes of earth. IMHO of course.

Phil, as a pure flight of fancy, consider the following:

Some of the megacorps had gathered the Ubuntu as cheap labor.  Abhoring their status as "second-class," the Ubuntu, over several decades, gathered enough of the brightest minds and best tacticians and strategists, rising up to form their own megacorp.

Please, forgive my references to slavery.  It is food for thought as to how the Ubuntu may rise as a megacorporation, and does not reflect my position on slavery.  It is suggested only as a way to incorporate the new corp into the game.

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 12:57:44 PM »
this reminds me, I need to update the Ubuntu list.

Including the giant War Elephant. :)
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 01:33:07 PM »
thought india be kick ass

Hindu wisemen,  led by a vision of the ganges river flowing up in to the stars, take their people outside the solar system.
         they return now in their ultra-tech floating cities. with units like "Rama's elite" using bows that shot pure karma at you (sending you into your next life right now punk).  Kali battle suits, streamlined high tech wonders are eight arms of pure destruction.  rockets ,that shine like tiny suns, tracking you where ever you go.
Hindu mystics that fear no dark legion.
              ......pure madness.  sweet sweet madness. 

on a more serious note. I always the thought the look of India army 40% high-tech 60% mythic would make for some great looking mini's. Alot there to inspire some neat designs. Seeing as a neat force against both brotherhood and dark legion.

and before anyone says it....I know it doesnt fit Warzone Cannon...this just for fun....alittle thinking outside box as it were.
             ;)                                               

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 03:23:29 PM »
i donīt see space for a new megacorp..

even cybertronic was difficult..

tribes, why not, but for new units we will (should) be restricted to "house/personal" forces or organisations (cobra).

cus
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2006, 06:13:33 PM »
I like the idea of a Latin American addition, either purely South American, or a combination of South and Central American cultures...

B...
probably because I'm Mexican...I'm a little partial...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006, 07:01:11 PM »
In the Bauhaus RPG upplement there was a fluff story about a mortificator sent to kill a Borotherhood guy who had set up shop in Gibson City and advocated that the Light and Dark were both inherently evil and the balance was key. I refered to them as Shadow Force when I wasn't trying ot convnce Thom that they should be Nemesis.

For that matter what about Nemesis?

Either of these factions would be excellent addidtions to the game.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2006, 07:25:33 PM »
someone has to say it...

I refered to them as Shadow Force when I wasn't trying ot convnce Thom that they should be Nemesis.

who?...

B...
density challenged...

eBay name: sylvas1970