Author Topic: Cybertronic Reavers  (Read 7066 times)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Cybertronic Reavers
« on: November 12, 2006, 05:26:25 AM »
These are based off of Void VASA Black Legion figures with Syntha Assault Rifles

First, cut/carve off the polearms.  Keep the head intact.  Then cut the head in half
lentghwise; this will be the claw for the arms.  Then cut the magazine and the grip off
of the weapon.  Use putty to form the "head" and "body" of the weapon (cybertronic
weapns have those stock parts and this will hide some of the Void-ness of the figure. 
Finally, pin the weapons in place.

VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Halfbad

Re: Cybertronic Reavers
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 09:09:16 AM »
awesome! Thank you for that, they are very cool

Offline lurker

• Journeyman
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 06:08:23 AM »
Very nice! Minis from the void and/or urban war range seem to lend themselves very well to warzone. I purchased three squads of viridian colonial marines to use as cartel troopers. Someday I may even paint them up...

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 08:37:57 AM »
I used void mini's myself to make a squad of Reavers. The ones that already had claws. When I get a chance i'll post a picture.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 01:11:26 PM »
I'm finding that I like using the Void/Urban War minis also...I just ordered some of the Triad Retainers to use as either Ashigaru or Ronin, and the sniper model is nice also...

I am having problems finding one specific Void mini, and that's the one to use as a driver for my brand-spankin' new Oni Light Battlewalker (thanks Veez)...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline lurker

• Journeyman
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 02:34:18 PM »
Oh, I have also had plans for those luverly triad retainers. Still haven't figured out how to use the big sumo cyborgs though. They rock!Any ideas?

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2006, 05:01:44 PM »
I also want those Sumo guys...the best I can think of is to use them as Mishima Warrior Monks, but it would take some converting to use them by the list...I may just leave them as they are and just change the name of the weapon...

you could also use them as Enhanced Chasseurs, but again you'll need to convert them...

I may just get them to have...I downloaded the rules to that game and I may give them a try...

but as for the Triad retainers...I'll probably get them to sue them as Ronin Samurai and I ordered the Cannon for use as an Arashi Ryuu siege cannon...the cannon and one blister of crewmen and you have a complete unit for Warzone...

B...

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2006, 10:01:27 PM »
Got some of the Urban Mammoth figs and they seemed small next to Warzone Ducal Militia plastics. Will prolly try to get GW on ebay to fill in things
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2006, 08:46:19 AM »
Got some of the Urban Mammoth figs and they seemed small next to Warzone Ducal Militia plastics. Will prolly try to get GW on ebay to fill in things

I haven't received my order just yet, and I ordered just one thing this time to see how it looks in comparison with my other figs in the force...once I get it and compare, I can decide then if I'll make it a priority to get some more...

I don't think a scale issue would be too noticable if I get a full squad that stands on it's own...if I got, say, the Retainer Sniper and then put it in with my Ronin squad, then it may stick out...

I'll just be patient and wait until the goodies come in the mail...

I hate being patient...

B...
check the mail, check the mail...

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2006, 12:20:52 PM »
True, the are a touch smaller but they are significantly larger than true 25mm figures, and they blend in well with the rest of the force.

Plus, as a game we really have no leg to stand on when it comes to suble differences in figure size (ahem-1st ed brotherhood troopers anyone?).
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2006, 12:37:21 PM »
as I said before, i'll wait until I get the Triad cannon in hopefully at the end of this week or early next week before I decide if I'm going to make more purchases from that line...

B...