Author Topic: Viktor battlesuit WIP  (Read 11628 times)

Halfbad

Viktor battlesuit WIP
« on: November 08, 2006, 06:37:32 PM »
I thought I would post up some WIP shots of my Viktor squad. This is the first one, and I thought I would share.

The base is a plastic dred base, I thought it fit. Hindsight it is a bit big, I still might tear him off and put him on a smaller base. We will see how it looks with two others.

I have not highlighted the blue at all, this is only about an hour in. Multiple washes on the armor to get a very blended exposed armor look. I am not a fan of paint it black, then silver. It always looks too cartoony. If you do multiple glazes of the base colour, (in this case, blue ink mixed with brown ink mixed with elmers glue) it sticks to it and glazes it just right .A couple more coats, and that will be that.

The armor and details need to be done still, I am going to repaint the red tubing as well, its not working for me.

Any input on tube colours? Or badges or army markers? I still have a couple more of these to paint.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: Viktor battlesuit WIP
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 07:20:26 PM »
I use 40mm bases for both Viktors and Vulkans - it avoids a lot of measuring for range and template discrepancies.

As for the colors, I went with blue as the amin, with white markings and . . . oh heck, let me just post it...

It's a WIP
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 07:22:15 PM by dmcgee1 »
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Halfbad

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 07:25:08 PM »
Those hazard stripes are fantastic!  See, to me it looks crowded on that base. Is there a size inbetween both of ours?

Good though. I might put a colour in there. White is very stark..

:scratches head::  I just got my RL spec in the mail from poland. I will ponder this base questions some more.

Here to us both finishing our Viktors!

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 07:46:40 PM »
Hello.

Getting very jelous, must not bang head on wall and scream. O-well I found some void fig's that can be proxied for viktors, so all enemies of Romanov beware.

wmeredith.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 09:14:05 PM by wmeredith »
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Halfbad

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 08:11:16 PM »
I sent you a pm on where to get them, if for some reason they are out of them, please let me know. I can part with one for the cause. Only if they are out though. lol

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 09:21:44 PM »
Hello.

Who-ho! Now I just got to e-mail some polish guys. You know I bough a box that I thought was vulkans from maplewood, it turned out to be full of bitz. I couldn;t figure out what one was till I saw the rocket launcher on that viktor/vulkan. So many bitz so few that actually add up to something. I need to go back up to maplewood and see what loose parts are lying around.

wmeredith.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 04:55:34 AM »
The white is going to receive some markings and "arm art", so, hopefully, it will look not quite so stark when finished.  There is no standard size for basing, though we try to keep it relatively standard.  if it is a unit of considerable girth, we use the 40mm for it.  As stated previously, no matter the pose, it removes questions of which base (in the case of Viktors and Vulkans) do you use for measuring range, and whether or not a template or other fig is touching the base.

@ Bill:  If you cannot get Viktors/Vulkans anywhere, I may have some, or may know where to get them.  I have a friend who bought 6 Vulkans (I think) from me a while ago, thouogh he no longer plays.  He may be willing to part with them.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 05:57:19 AM »
Maplewood has quite a few mixed Vulkan/Victor bits from the various blisters that have fallen apart over the years.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 07:34:33 AM »
Urban Mammoth has a walker for Urban Wars VASA faction (I'd post a link but I can't get my *^&*% work computer to connect to it) that would be a decent proxy with a little work.

Edit
Here is pic-stick an hmg of some kind on it and you would be in business:

« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 04:51:07 PM by Veez »
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Halfbad

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 09:39:53 AM »
I just checked out the UW stuff, the mechs they have coming out look good.

Also, they have a mortar team that would fit with some conversion for Bauhaus, and a HMG team that would fit as well. It looks like the bauhaus one as well.

The milita could be used for cartel...

This is all going in my hobby guide, btw. I have a large reference of proxys I am working on.

I don't know what my point is, I lost it lol

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 01:29:45 PM »
I've got some Bauhaus walkers - don't know if they're Viktors or Vulcans. I will  be doing an inventory of my Bauhaus stuff this weekend and will post my trades list on Sunday - I hope.  ;)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 04:53:19 PM »
I was planning to use some of the Viridian Colonial Marines as Cartel Troops.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 08:11:54 PM »
Maplewood has quite a few mixed Vulkan/Victor bits from the various blisters that have fallen apart over the years.

Yep, I got a few of them looking me dead in the face right now.

wmeredith.

Offline Pietia

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2006, 02:25:51 AM »
Take a look at the Starship Troopers Cougar and Grizzly exosuits as well as the Ape Marauder model (all by Mongoose Publishing) - they would be very good for a little bit more "advanced" Viktors and Vulkans.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2006, 06:48:05 AM »
I was planning to use some of the Viridian Colonial Marines as Cartel Troops.

I'm gonna use them for Dragoons although I am still debating a head swap to Ducal helmets w/o spikes.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890