Author Topic: Tossing around making an Hobby Guide, please read!  (Read 2984 times)

Halfbad

Tossing around making an Hobby Guide, please read!
« on: October 31, 2006, 09:39:02 AM »
Reading the thread about the FAQ gave me an idea, and I thought I would throw it out there to everyone to see what the worldwide community thinks.

I want to compile and PDF publish a hobby how-to guide for Warzone and Chronopia. I think it would be a fantastic resource for Chronopia and Warzone hobbyists, as our games have some awesome miniatures and models, and I think something for the beginner and the advanced hobbyist would be great.

I want to break it up into a couple of parts; one would be a copy of the Archives magazine (this exists already) and a handy color guide to each miniature to back it up. Basically a quick note about what colors were used, and what equivalent you can find in today’s hobby range. I would quote Vallejo game/model color, as I found this has the widest range of versatility when matching colors.

Then would be assembly, cleaning, modeling, priming and painting basics, for beginners and for a refresher. The best places to get tools, and what tools work well with what.

Then a painting guide on basic techniques, and then a painting guide for more advanced techniques.

I also would like to do a page each for painting a basic trooper for each force, Devout swordsman, Elven Axe man, Bauhaus Ducal Militia, etc

What I need is input! I need your suggestions before I even begin to start this long project, and any input/articles/ideas you have.

I don’t want to infringe on any IP or copyrights, and I don’t know much about this, so any help in that would be good as well. This will be fan related material, and not sold, but distributed freely for the W\C community, and would not be a challenge to any copyright or IP.

I look forward to hearing any ideas.

Offline The_Collector

Re: Tossing around making an Hobby Guide, please read!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 01:16:14 PM »
Sounds like a good idea!
Exitus Acta Probat

Offline chris_valera

• www.chrisvalera.com
Re: Tossing around making an Hobby Guide, please read!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 06:23:12 PM »
Reading the thread about the FAQ gave me an idea, and I thought I would throw it out there to everyone to see what the worldwide community thinks.

This sounds like a phenomenal idea.

I say make a fan site. Enlist some people to do step-by-step painting instructions/scans of figures, like hobby articles. Do conversion-heavy articles. Go for a GW approach, use the attraction of fully painted models to work up some enthusiasm.

Let us know how it goes.

--Chris
www.chrisvalera.com