Author Topic: LARP Horror Stories  (Read 21052 times)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: LARP Horror Stories
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2006, 11:19:41 AM »
I think now that they have beaten the cancer thing to death and the Surgeon General has put out all the stats on obesity in America they think this is their new cash cow.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2006, 11:44:47 AM »
I think now that they have beaten the cancer thing to death and the Surgeon General has put out all the stats on obesity in America they think this is their new cash cow.

You must be talking about the lawyers because all the obese people I know would rather be thin than rich. Obese people are not overweight because they want to cash in - there are as many reasons as there are obese people. Some are overweight due to medical concerns, others to psychological ones. Genetics play a part in almost every case.

Myself - I tore up my back and had to learn to walk again. Between the forced inactivity and the depression binge eating I gained 200+ pounds. It is hard work taking it off but I refuse to take surgical short-cuts. I feel these are self defeating measures as they do not change the causes of the weight gain and instead are an attempt to alleviate the shame and abuse heaped on obese people by society. God forbid you be anything other than 100% politically correct to people based on gender, race or sexual orientation - obese people however are fair game.

I like who I am and my current weight does not change who I am...merely how I am preceived. I find it humorous when some dink tries to get a cheap laugh at my expense only to find that this "fat a$$" boxed and kicked boxed as well as bounced at a soldier/biker bar back in the day. I may be a little slower, a little older, and get winded quicker but the tools are still there. For me nothing is more fun than watching "Joe Bodybuilder" low crawl to me when he finds out he is on the "Beatdown Express".
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2006, 11:58:58 AM »
Yes, I meant the lawyers.  Sorry if you got the wrong impression.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2006, 12:20:25 PM »
I tend to think as for as the smoker thing goes. Those who started smoking in the era before warning lables and lessons in school showing the black lung would have a case. Those who in this day in age who start smoking ,with fully knowing what it does to you, dont.

as for as obesity thing (I know for some its a touchy subject so I try to speak with respect) topkick brings up a great point on quick judgement on people...but as for as those who sue Mc d's I think Veez post points to those who do nothing for themselves ( unlike say topkick ) I've seen many over weight folks with horrid eatting habits that sit on their butt all day and wonder why they never lose weight. Its the feeling of some that its these folks that turn around and sue Mc D's (knowing full well Mc D's isnt the healthest food) that most people have no Mercy for.
It goes back to being responsible for your own actions. I have training brother who's a larger fellow (but great guy to fight against, built like a tank and one of the hardest training students) tell me he had bad week and just went nuts on Mc D's last week and it was becauses of being in a bad mood. He knew why he did it, regretted it afterwards. He's not going to turn around and sue Mc d's but some other nutters feel they can and their the ones who do less for their health.  

just my 2 cents

I will also add I can lose a few pounds myself :-\
damn my terrible love for cookie dough ice cream
damn it to the delicious hell it came from  :P
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 11:35:50 AM by masherking »
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline jjdodger

• Board Member
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2006, 12:29:42 PM »
What alot of people dont know, is that its because of Mcdonalds French Fries, that the level of scurvy in the states is as low as it is.

probably me incuded in that..

(fruit? salad? rabbit food! i aint no rabbit! ;) )

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2006, 01:13:41 PM »
I have seen stupid crap all the time. People are such asses it is unreal. A follow up on mcdonalds, some twits want to sue mcdanalds because their fat and it is mcdonalds FAULT....

I fail to see how this is any worse than someone who sues tobacco companies for getting cancer or is it the fact that they are obese that makes it okay to single them out?

I see I didn;t make my point the way I should have. Sorry topkick. I was meaning the laywers who are try to find yet another cash cow ambulance to chase. with the rising cases of obesity the lawyers have tried to sue mcdonalds over the issue. I read my post again and I see how it could have been better presented.
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2006, 02:06:45 PM »
As I was looking through this thread I was getting worried that I'd have to do some moderating. Then you guys turn it all around without me having to do a thing. :)

But let's leave lawyers, obesity and smoking out of this thread and keep it about LARP horrors.

Topkick, getting sued over a LARP staking??  :D

Cool armour Aldrien.

Offline Lancelot

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2006, 10:38:06 PM »
Eh, Never played in one. Couldnt find one that allowed "Highlander" type Immortals to participate.   :D ;D

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2006, 05:23:42 AM »
Eh, Never played in one. Couldnt find one that allowed "Highlander" type Immortals to participate.   :D ;D

I have heard of Highlander fan conventions doing something like this...years ago.

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2006, 09:41:43 AM »

*Takes a shot to the neck*

Nope, my head didn't come off, I'm not dead! :)
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2006, 11:57:13 AM »
Think of all the goober players (that second or third teir who take themselves and the game far too seriously) running around saying, "I'll take your head and have your woman before your body is cold!  Really I will!"

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2006, 01:03:32 PM »
Think of all the goober players (that second or third teir who take themselves and the game far too seriously) running around saying, "I'll take your head and have your woman before your body is cold!  Really I will!"

I know I've been in gaming way to long to know this is true :-\