Author Topic: Recitors proxy.  (Read 6001 times)

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
Recitors proxy.
« on: October 23, 2006, 06:15:15 PM »
I want to convert one of my Ducal militia squads into recitors. The rifles they have sort of look like shotguns. To make the conversion I was thinking of trimming off the clip from the gun,  and modifying their packs to convey a guerilla trooper. Would anyone object to this proxy. I am kind of hoping to add some shock soldats as well. I want to expand my forces abilities and some guerilla troopers are very appealing.

wmeredith.
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Halfbad

Re: Recitors proxy.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 07:17:09 PM »
The conversion sounds neat, go with it! Please post up pics when you get them done.

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 09:59:37 PM »
-scratches head-

Now why would we mind if you modify and proxy existing figures into other unreleased figures?

I'd only mind if you didn't show pictures or have progress reports.

-PFC joe

Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 04:35:44 AM »
Object?  No.

Salute?  Yes!

Proxies are the way of the future.

I had thought about using the pauldon Sgts as base and sculpting some cloaks on to them but I can't find enough of them to make it worth the effort.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 05:10:48 PM »
No one objects to proxies, as long as they're not GW OPPPOS (G.W. Over-Priced Plastic Piece's o' sshhhi...llings).
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 05:23:16 PM »
Cool.

I wanted to stay righteous with my army, so I figured I would ask.

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 02:23:18 PM »
get creative...I have to use proxies all the time for some of my Mishima models that were never made...

and some GW models work really well...like Death Cult Assassins for Kikigomae monks...

B...
all we need are more Bauhaus minis on the board...*sheesh*
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 06:19:22 PM »
Well if that worries you maybe I should skip on that ducal mounted machine gun conversion. I found an odd vulkan arm just lying around.

wmeredith.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 06:22:38 PM »
I plan on using the Void Junkers Lrgionnaires as Legates and one particular one as the basis for an Executioner
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 04:09:07 AM »
I plan on using the Void Junkers Lrgionnaires as Legates and one particular one as the basis for an Executioner

That's a rockin' idea! 

The Void Viridian Mounted MG is a good Ducal Militia mounted HMG, but last I check Prince August had a couple (DM, not Void).
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 07:15:08 AM »

One of the players around here actually took five of the Dragoon Sgts and made Legates with them; its the  Right shotgun after all...  she added axes and they looked really sweet!
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 11:25:42 AM »
last night I saw an excellent proxy for either Recitors or Ministry of Justice Legates...

the Void game had a unit of Junkers Shock Troops that are amed with Shotguns (and a shield, which can go away) and clsoe combat weapons (swords on the models)...

just letting y'all know...

B...
here I am helping all you Bauhaus players make my life more miserable...*L*

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 11:41:30 AM »
I took 10 of the new Hussars 8 Sgts+1 HMG converted to FT + 1 Kaptain to use as Grenadier and added the axes fron the Imperial Headhunters when you could get the bits and made a full Legates squad. I also used the Judge from Chronopia just cut down the shoulder pads as the Executioner and 2 special agents as his bodyguards.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2006, 02:51:08 PM »
I took 10 of the new Hussars 8 Sgts+1 HMG converted to FT + 1 Kaptain to use as Grenadier and added the axes fron the Imperial Headhunters when you could get the bits and made a full Legates squad. I also used the Judge from Chronopia just cut down the shoulder pads as the Executioner and 2 special agents as his bodyguards.

Stalker uses the Chronopia Judge unmodified (he has a Firstborn force) for his Executioner, and for the Bodyguards he uses some Void minis (I don't know which ones)...

Another friend of mine also used the Junkers mounted models as Mounted Hussars, and they look lamost exactly the same as the Warzone versions...

B...