Author Topic: Tac Sense Clarification Please  (Read 7624 times)

Offline fox1

• Journeyman
Tac Sense Clarification Please
« on: October 22, 2006, 04:28:30 AM »
First off i am sorry if this question has been asked before but its still not clear to me, i have looked through the FAQ etc and i see that it says Tac Sense only affects the SGT of a squad who has it and uses it say.

So that means Tac Sense only affects the individual model using it correct NOT the squad?

The reason i ask is because this seems to be a bit harsh that ONLY the sgt can change his target and the rest of the squad can not?
However if the rule book is correct in this then im happy to use it that way  :)
Thank you for any help given on this matter
Fox1

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
Re: Tac Sense Clarification Please
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 07:41:01 AM »
as we play it, if the sargeant has Tac Sense then he can "order" each member of the squad to make a leadership test to see if he/she can switch target priority...if the sarge is dead, then the squad loses this SA...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 08:42:29 AM »
Sylvas is correct.  If the model which has Tac Sense is a part of the squad, the rest of the squad may "borrow" it, using their own, individual LD for the test.  That means that Ducal Militia troopers may use their Sergeant's Tac Sense (if he remains on the board) to switch target priority on a successful LD test.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline fox1

• Journeyman
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 09:05:23 AM »
Thank you once again for helping out here with the rules sorry if i have to keep asking questions :)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 09:47:56 AM »
Keep asking - it is better to know than to develop bad habits, and get boned in a tourney because you thought a rule worked differently.  You are asking questions that many newer players ask, and they are common.  Do not think that you are the only one having problems interpreting the rules.

The questions you ask, here, become answers for others who are thinking the same thing, but don't ask.  Never let ignorance stay - remove it, and remove doubt.

No one will call you, "Noob" - "newb," maybe, but not, "Noob."

NOOB!

(sorry, I have no idea where that came from...  :)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 09:51:59 AM by dmcgee1 »
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline fox1

• Journeyman
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 10:05:55 AM »
ok  ;D

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 11:25:39 AM »
We got lazy and just had the SGT roll one Tac Sense for the squad and they had to abide by what he rolled.

But other than that, like they said.

-PFC joe
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 11:40:19 AM »
... the rest of the squad may "borrow" it, using their own, individual LD for the test.

but it is not the LD of the sarge, as he borrows that one always
(if a char is in >1/2 quad or Sgt they should be able to use his LD for tac sense)???

also: that is in direct contrast to the strage FAQ. so, where does that answer come from?
(I like it, because it makes more sense and soften up the strong "shortest target first" princip, but the vulcan sgt has tac sense... ;))

cus
"Don“t anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 12:03:20 PM »
You're right, if a squad member is within C.D. of a Squad Leader (or passing Officer) they may use his LD value.

This is a carryover from 2cd editions use of Tac Sense.

-PFC joe

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2006, 05:07:51 PM »
You're right, if a squad member is within C.D. of a Squad Leader (or passing Officer) they may use his LD value.

didn't know that...might make a difference when I'm playing my Imperial army...

not so much the Mishima...or at least what I usually use...

gotta love the Imperial Colonel...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2006, 10:44:56 PM »
You're right, if a squad member is within C.D. of a (...) (or passing Officer) they may use his LD value.
one more detail: may a trooper use the chars leadership if he is withhin command distance, but less than 1/2 of his squad??
I think not! a squad is a coherent group, and therefore, the individual grunt cant borrow the LD, just the squad!? (-> >1/2 of squad or sgt. in comm dist of char)
"Don“t anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2006, 10:57:18 PM »
You're right, if a squad member is within C.D. of a (...) (or passing Officer) they may use his LD value.
one more detail: may a trooper use the chars leadership if he is withhin command distance, but less than 1/2 of his squad??
I think not! a squad is a coherent group, and therefore, the individual grunt cant borrow the LD, just the squad!? (-> >1/2 of squad or sgt. in comm dist of char)

The < .5 squad may, indeed, use an officer LD within command distance - the squad would need it, even more than a whole squad!  And they would use it, too!  A bunch of privates would definitely listen to a captain!  I am a former military man and speak from experience, here.

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 10:01:11 PM »
I'm not sure where you're comin from Aldrien.

as long as they're within Command Distance, any friendly unit can use their Leadership.

-PFC joe

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2006, 12:08:20 AM »

that seems to say, that a trooper may not use the char“s LD if it is only withhin comm dist.
only if half the squad is in, or the sgt., the squad can use it

perhaps my mistake is, that I mistook morale for every LD test--

the difference seems to be, that the complete squad is affected by panic (and so many guys of the quad need to hear the char),

but every trooper needs to make its individual tac sense role(individual troops listen to suggestions of the char).
still, I don“t know it thats right, wheres the page/paragraph?

so, theres where my question came from..  ;)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 12:15:45 AM by Aldrien »

Offline chribu

• Keeping track of all the answers
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2006, 02:00:04 PM »
Soo... Sgt is within C.D. of an officer, then all squad can use officer's LD for morale tests AND all other LD-related tests (except those that must use personal LD)?