Author Topic: New convert, er, player here, bought some stuff, got some questions...  (Read 16068 times)

Iron Panda

Re: New convert, er, player here, bought some stuff, got some questions...
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2007, 05:17:29 AM »
Just don't paint it flesh colored.

It's quite hard not to do a double-take when you face one of these things.   It's even weirder if your opponent's strategically locate himself so that he's parallell...well, nevermind.

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2007, 06:26:23 AM »
As for the Carronade,  not the best support option for the Dark Legion, but they are pretty darn effective when used properly.  Just don't paint it flesh colored.

-PFC joe

I painted mine flesh with a black barbed wire around the base. I was going to do 2 more, a shorter yellow one and larger black one with hasslefree nude stripper models as loaders.
the plan was to have a total WTF kinda army that screwed with other guys mind as beat his army down.
half way though project I felt like I was having a "crying game moment". Scrub myself with brillo went to a strip club and cried myself to sleep....I have yet to finish this army list.  :P
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Iron Panda

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2007, 08:35:19 AM »
painted mine flesh with a black barbed wire around the base. I was going to do 2 more, a shorter yellow one and larger black one with hasslefree nude stripper models as loaders.
the plan was to have a total WTF kinda army that screwed with other guys mind as beat his army down.
half way though project I felt like I was having a "crying game moment". Scrub myself with brillo went to a strip club and cried myself to sleep....I have yet to finish this army list. 

AAAAAHHHHHHH!

AAAAHHHHH!

That was hillarious!!
You are awesome....   
Karmic points for you!

Offline chris_valera

• www.chrisvalera.com
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2007, 07:41:24 PM »
Wow, this conversation sure went downhill in a hurry...  ;D

--Chris
www.chrisvalera.com

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2007, 08:17:58 PM »
If nothing else, the EDD's are impressive models.
As support options it takes a good deal to field them, you could fit at most three EDD's into a 1000 point army.  My girlfriend likes them cause  they look like very angry frogs.

The EDD's show up on ebay fairly regularly, but if you can get one at discount, i'd go for it.

As for the Carronade,  not the best support option for the Dark Legion, but they are pretty darn effective when used properly.  Just don't paint it flesh colored.

-PFC joe

Advocating what some would call, "cheese?"  My bewilderment is only matched by my indignation - "Sneakin' - hmph!"
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2007, 08:22:06 PM »
I painted mine flesh with a black barbed wire around the base. I was going to do 2 more, a shorter yellow one and larger black one with hasslefree nude stripper models as loaders.
half way though project I felt like I was having a "crying game moment". Scrub myself with brillo went to a strip club and cried myself to sleep....I have yet to finish this army list.  :P

NO!  BAD MASHERKING!  NO! 
GO NOW AND HAVE YOURSELF FLOGGED AND/OR BEATEN TO WITHIN ONE INCH OF YOUR VERY LIFE! 
BAD MASHERKING! 
BAD!
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!