Author Topic: RISING AUTUMN  (Read 7613 times)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
RISING AUTUMN
« on: October 05, 2006, 01:55:23 PM »
Capt Nelson found himself once again in the major's familiar office.  Unfamiliar was an odd sense of desperation that filled the air.
"The pictures, where are they?" spat the major.
"Here is the Desert Scorpion anti-tank expert.  He was recently acquired in a manpower exchange from your connection 'The Dragon', and converted from his previous designation as a Free Marine."

"Yes, his ilk are easy to find these days.  Not so much the Desert Scorpions.  You got your wish.  Now what else is there?"

The Captain took a moment to clear his throat.
"Here is the Cartel class.  You will notice the four doom troopers.  The two Capitol inductees are from the very old school, although their equipment has been upgraded.  The two Mishimans are the new group.  Here are their files."
Major Anderson greedily snatched them up, mumbling something about strengths and weaknesses.
"Also, here are the rest of the agents.  You'll note a few of these are rather 'old school' as well.  Then we have this individual-his recruitment was hasslefree, and he has made a fine addition.   Also there is the medic.  There must be some sort of cosmic law that says these guys must be butt-ugly for some reason"  The captain frowned.  "Then there is the female-"
"Enough!" the major barked.  "You may go."

The major ruminated on this member of the team he had so carefully inserted.  Some of his fellow "organizational" members thought she was a Nepharite of Semai due to some imagery they had seen.  It was a foolish notion; a Nepharite would not arm itself with something as puny as a human pistol.  No, for now she would do as a Cartel agent, but he knew her for her true identity, a female Heretic. 
His master would be pleased.
He hoped. 
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
Re: RISING AUTUMN
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 10:25:50 PM »
Canīt see them (exept tankhunter)
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 04:46:08 AM »
Are the Mishima Doomtroopers Excelsior sculpts or proxies?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 05:37:57 AM »
They are EE sculpts.  Actually I think they are Target Sculpts that were inteded for Mercury FOW (if you look at the back issue of Fictional Reality covering the "upcoming" Mercruy book they are in there) but for whatever reason were dropped from the Mishima force list and reused as Doomtroopers.  They are great figs but a bit confusing to assemble.  The fem has four swords and the Heavy Weapons guy has a couple as well, but of course they are not in the rules.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 07:39:18 AM »
They are EE sculpts.  Actually I think they are Target Sculpts that were inteded for Mercury FOW (if you look at the back issue of Fictional Reality covering the "upcoming" Mercruy book they are in there) but for whatever reason were dropped from the Mishima force list and reused as Doomtroopers.  They are great figs but a bit confusing to assemble.  The fem has four swords and the Heavy Weapons guy has a couple as well, but of course they are not in the rules.

I had discussed that with Thom way back when.  I foget his answer... but it was designed that way.  I would think for an extra three points, giving the HMG guy access to his blades is a fair deal.

Ginsuu Chick gets an extra CC attack as it is, iirc.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 03:21:38 AM »
I'm guessing they had a window of points they wanted to keep the doomtroopers in.  It was a 90% scenario and I think Thom and company was using some spare figs to good advantage.  It was a nice nod to the (I'm sure he thought) few Cartel players to tide them over until they had time to expand the line.  Cartel was clearly the lowest of their priorties I'm guessing-I say this with no venom or sarcasm-they had a lot of gaps to fill with limited resources.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 04:00:55 AM »
I'm guessing they had a window of points they wanted to keep the doomtroopers in.  It was a 90% scenario and I think Thom and company was using some spare figs to good advantage.  It was a nice nod to the (I'm sure he thought) few Cartel players to tide them over until they had time to expand the line.  Cartel was clearly the lowest of their priorties I'm guessing-I say this with no venom or sarcasm-they had a lot of gaps to fill with limited resources.

More or less.

The Cartel was to be my project when I came home from the Gulf- with the idea being cooking up easy units to add that used teh exsisting figs if possible or easy new sculpts.

But it went to the wayside, as we know.  I had three units and two characters in mind- of which some of them were posted earlier.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 02:48:35 PM »
That kinda bites.

Still, first time I came back from the desert I painted all my figures khaki for a while so maybe its best you had some cool-off time.

I would have had figs like
"questionable government contractor" Whose side is he really on?
and
"Cartel (USO) Dance Act Team" Not real useful on the battlefield but really great looking miniatures.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 08:12:26 PM »
That kinda bites.

Still, first time I came back from the desert I painted all my figures khaki for a while so maybe its best you had some cool-off time.

I would have had figs like
"questionable government contractor" Whose side is he really on?
and
"Cartel (USO) Dance Act Team" Not real useful on the battlefield but really great looking miniatures.

Heehee...  I bet.  Given its the Cartel, that first one makes alotta sense.

Nah- I tried for good tough units similar to the ones in the book- and more mercs.  Can't have enough of them for teh Cartel or the Corps to use. :)

I'll  look into some of the other stuff I had in mind.  Maybe some stuff using some of the *other* companies figs.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2006, 09:25:48 PM »
If you are looking for Cartel ideas I have a couple officer types

Field Supervisor
- Cartel's version of a Captain

Operations Manager
- Cartel's version of a field commander/general officer

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2006, 10:22:50 AM »
If you are looking for Cartel ideas I have a couple officer types

Field Supervisor
- Cartel's version of a Captain

Operations Manager
- Cartel's version of a field commander/general officer

Hmmm...  Sound really nice, Top.  When I find my notes, I'll post some other things to the board for digestion.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."