Author Topic: CHALLENGE  (Read 29302 times)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: CHALLENGE
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2006, 09:52:10 PM »
Sir.

Horse-sh*t.  The Refinery was taken about two years ago in a sanctioned takeover, papers filed  and stamped by Cartel authorities.  No sir... he has openly challenged our holding of this property.  And even if we are in "Discussions", it will not stop him from attacking in an effort to rest control of it thru force of arms rather than thru litigation.

Oh, I'll have the best JAG-type there to conduct negotiations... but unfortuantely, I will not be able to attend said meeting.  I've a refinery to defend against an unwarrented attack.

Cheers!

Col. Tinney
3/32 Inf 1 Inf Div.

PS:  By the way, my Public Relations head asked me to tell you that you need to llive up to your name, get with your sister Melancholia and calm down a little.  You are just way too intense.

The Freemarketeer has proven that which Bauhaus has believed all along.  They are wild dogs, eagerly taking the scraps and the bones while their master's back is turned.

Prepare, Colonel.  There will be no further communique.

MeGee out.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2006, 05:04:19 AM »
Looking down at the hard copy of the above note, the Colonel sighed as he chomped down on his cigar.  "Lieutenant!!"

"Sir!"

Looking up, the Colonel smiled.  "Get that extraction team moving; our agent has proven most valuable... but he's in danger.  Don't care who you use... but make certain they know to bring him out alive."

"Yes Sir!"  The Lt scrambled to comply

Three hundred miles away, an old-fashioned phone began to ring.  A feminine hand ppicked it up. "Yes?"

"Swordmaiden MacKenzie?
  "Yes?"
  "I've gotten an offer for some work against teh Blue-bloods..."
  "Take it." Steel in her answer was evident.
  "Already did......

----------------------------
Extraction :  Secret Agent recovery

* Mission: Get agent out of Bauhaus Base-camp/laager point
    * Players: Archer and Philly Sniper (Philly, you gotta use your Hausers for this one)
    * PC 750-1000 agreed upon day of battle
    * Environment City-Fight in Ruins
    * Duration (length of battle, whether in terms of time or turns)
    * Victory Conditions Archer needs to extract agent.  Philly needs to prevent escape of/recapture agent for trial once identified.
    * Special Rules Agent cannot be killed by either side- must be captured via CC or shotgun Beanbag round (for those models with shotguns)
    * Date and Time of Battle   To Be Determined- We need a good cityscape for this one- if there is a shop near you with good city-scape stuff, we can do this there.  Otherwise, the Guild out in H-Burg or on a table in a garage with lots of player-owned stuff.  Thom has the old tables in storage to my knowledge....
    * Setup Defender sets up first.  Center of table in 360-degree fashion up to 10 inches from centerpoint or in a 18"deep by 24" wide deployment zone

HOw does this battle sound, Philly?  I'm going to be using an army I have never really ever used before (fought it enough though)...
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2006, 05:19:13 PM »
Sounds like a great idea... unfortunately I dont have BH anymore, Ive traded most of the army away. I have Cap, Cyber and DL.
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2006, 06:01:47 PM »
Fluff
Its a brutal winter day.
The winds are howling throught the spires of this ancient city. Well hidden, to all but the most eagle-eyed observer, amongst those very spires is a Cybertronic Assault force. There is technology here and they are determined to have it.
Combatants
Phillysniper(Cybertronic)- Jibba(Capitol)
PC

1200pts
Environment

City terrain and Haze
Duration
2 hour time limit
Victory Conditions

Cybertronic- Find and escape with the ancient computer core with 50% or greater of your force surviving. Capitol - Find and destroy the ancient computer core with your highest value unit surviving.
Special Rules
TBD
Date and Time of Battle

TBD
Setup

standard setup

Homebase- Philadelphia

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2006, 03:54:28 AM »
Sounds like a great idea... unfortunately I dont have BH anymore, Ive traded most of the army away. I have Cap, Cyber and DL.

Hmph.

Bug Dave and see if he will let you borrow his... or if you come out here, I'll let you pick through my hausers (which I never get to play!)  But then I'd know what you were using. :)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2006, 05:57:48 PM »
Fluff
Its a brutal winter day.
The winds are howling throught the spires of this ancient city. Well hidden, to all but the most eagle-eyed observer, amongst those very spires is a Cybertronic Assault force. There is technology here and they are determined to have it.

Bryon, for which day are you planning this?  I would love to challenge Steve (the original) on the same day.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2006, 07:15:23 PM »

Bryon, for which day are you planning this?  I would love to challenge Steve (the original) on the same day.

Im not sure. Ill have to confab with Jibba and see what works for him. Ill keep you informed.

Homebase- Philadelphia

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2006, 07:16:42 PM »
Hmph.

Bug Dave and see if he will let you borrow his... or if you come out here, I'll let you pick through my hausers (which I never get to play!)  But then I'd know what you were using. :)

I can do that. When were you thinking of doing this?

Homebase- Philadelphia

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2006, 05:27:20 AM »
Hmph.

I can do that. When were you thinking of doing this?

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe next weekend.  Possibly Sunday.  You willing to drive up here and maybe out to Harrisburg to use that shop's cityfight table?  "Cause I don't have city terrain.  If someone can get ahold of Thom and ask him about the old table's avaialibity, we can play on that (if he is cool with it).  He's in King Of Prussia- halfway 'tween us.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2006, 03:26:58 PM »
Fluff
Its a brutal winter day.
Combatants
Phillysniper(Cybertronic)- Jibba(Capitol)
PC

1200pts
Environment

City terrain and Haze
Duration
2 hour time limit
Victory Conditions

Cybertronic- Find and escape with the ancient computer core with 50% or greater of your force surviving. Capitol - Find and destroy the ancient computer core with your highest value unit surviving.
Special Rules
TBD
Date and Time of Battle

TBD
Setup

standard setup

I believe the correct responce is "Bring it On, Cyberboy."
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2006, 04:44:56 PM »
Fluff TBD
Combatants DMcGee1 vs PhillySniper
PC 1250
Environment (Desert Lv-TBD by dice roll
Duration (length of battle, whether in terms of time or turns)
Victory Conditions
Special Rules (any rules that are not governed by UWZ, but are agreed upon by the players)
Date and Time of Battle 10/13/16  AM
Setup -

Homebase- Philadelphia

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2006, 03:03:52 PM »
Fluff:

"We can't let them remain there!  If the legions have them, we are not going to fare well.  We must retrieve them, with all due haste!"  Valerie was not even pretending to hold her emotions check.

"I concur, Major.  However, we haven't much at our disposal.  I have Schmidt and his Jaegers, a depleted squad of militia, Hussars and Vulkans.  If you take them into the caves, they won't come out."  Luczsyski tried to reason with the major.

"Give me equipment, and those troops, and I will retrieve what remains.  The legions shall not prevail.  I will personally guarantee it."

"Major, if you fail, we may as well vacate Mercury."

"I will not fail, Herr Luczsyski."

Combatants:  DMcGee1 vs PhillySniper
PC:  1250
Environment :  Subterranean 8
Duration : 6 Turns
Victory Conditions:  Retreival (6 random markers of which three are real with 3 decoys).  Each real marker is worth three points if gotten off a friendly deployment zone board edge.
Special Rules:  (Units that go off board with a package are not considered lost.  Units that retreat from the board after turn 5 are not considered lost.
Date and Time of Battle:  10/13/16  AM
Setup/b]:  48"x48" board with lots of corridors and a few chambers.  Some ceilings only high enough for SZ 2 models without having to crawl.  Roll randomly for terrain level and side of board on which to deploy.

"Their cursed stench fills this place, Major.  Our comms are useless, and most of the men are scared.  Some of these boys have seen the legion, and have reason to fear it.  The others have heard their stories, and tremble at those thoughts, alone."

"Keep it together, Kaptain.  I will not tolerate failure, today.  We must prevail, as to not would mean having to explain to High Command why we no longer have Mercurian interests.  Do you get me, Kaptain?"

"Yes, Major."

"Good.  Position your men at the choke points, and decoy the flanks.  Our mission is not eradication.  Get in, get out.  Do not hunt stragglers.  Do not linger longer than absolutely necessary.  I will have the Vulkans cover your rear.  The Hussars and militia will pull flank duty.  Do not hesitate to leave without me, as I won't without you."

"Yes, Major."

TURN 1

The militia went up the left falnk, covering the intersection of corridors, there.  The unmistakeable cackle of karnophages echoed with every step further into the caverns.  Valerie kept the militia to her left, following a lava tube through its course.  Something glinted.  She readied.  The cacaphony of evil laughter seemed everywhere.  Hussars pressed the darkness.  Shadows played with their fears - and their eyes.  The Vulkans tried, in vain, to maneuver for position while allowing egress for the other troops.

"Soulslayers!"  The Jaegers sprang into action form their advanced position.  The HMG's barked, mowing down karnophages like a scythe through fall harvest.  The dank environmant played hell with the shells, forcing the troopers to waste effort clearing jammed weapons.  The 'phages took no pity, delighting in the misfortune of the Jaegers.  What they did not immediately rend, the Soulslayers were only too happy to pounce and slash, like cats with mice.  The Jaegers stood their ground.  Spooked and confused by not only the environment, but the visages of their nightmares personified, they refused to yield.  They bought valuable time.  Shadows danced.  Out of the corners of their eyes, figures moved.  A necromancer appeared, immediately letting slip his monstocity in the form of a Razide.  The Razide howled, firing its cannon into what was left.  Still, the Jaegers held.  The real leader of the force, Bhalaeron, hinself, took charge.  Advancing, he took to the shadows, looking for opportunity to wreak havoc.

TURN 2

"Sarge, I got one - sending it down the line, now!"  A package had been found!  The gunfire was enough to all but drown out the private's discovery.

The necromagus ordered the troops to the front to confront and eliminate the Jeager stand.  The 'phages, mindless, stood confused.  Half of them nothing more than puddles of oozing "flesh," they were happy playing with the remains of their trophies.  Initiates advanced through a corridor, unaware.  Without warning the trailing initiate was snared and eaten by a Mercurian Komodo.  Apparently, it cared not whether it was evil - only that it was in its lair, and it was food.  The initiates froze.  Another became nutrient before the Sacristan snapped his troops back to the battle.  The Komodo disappeared as quickly as it had struck.

"Stay tight, Hussars.  You're getting out of cohesion.  Get back!"  The Hussars had no real choice.  The corridors were impossibly narrow.  The Vulkan suits were blocking passage.  Some took it upon themselves to travers by other means.  On the left, Valerie investigated the glint, praying that it was what she dared to hope that it was.  "Yes!"  She grabbed the package, and headed to support the militia.  Schmidt had the same idea, and beat her to them.

TURN 3

"They'll be here any moment, Sergeant.  Prepare your men."  Schmidt barked orders, trying to give the sergeant something other than his fears on which to focus.  The insane cackling drew closer.  Then, they were upon them.  The 'phages swarmed, devouring militia, snapping, clawing, laughing.  Like rabid monkeys, they tore through the militia.  Schmidt found himself overwhelmed.  His pistol spoke. A karnophage smiled in the release of death.  Again, he fired, and another fell, only to be beset upon by his brethren.  He squeezed the trigger, but heard no report.  The 'phages knew that sound.  It was like a shark sensing blood in the water.  Kill.  Do nothing else.  Kill. 

Without warning, a scythe reached out of the shadows and cut the HMG gunner in two.  The militia sergeant ran.  The remainig militia followed.  Private Lerner stumbled.  He spun to fire, but saw no target.  A package!  He grabbed it, righted himself, and ran for the entrance.

Bhalaeron filled the Jaegers minds with visions of their deepest fears.  The Jaeger line could stand no longer.  Karnos and Soulslayers blanketed their carcasses, rolling over them onto the next targets.  Bhalaeron was pleased.  He was awash in the glory of the hunt and in the chaos he so loved.  The shadows moved, and an Angel appeared - a dark angel.  Cleaving through soldiers who, a moment ago, were sure there was nothing there, were stunned into believing that shadows could, indeed, come alive.  Bodies of the fallen littered the floor.  They'd soon be recycled -  by necrovats, not Mother Nature.

TURN 4

The ground heaved.  Forces beneath the caverns would be held no longer.  Ash and steam filled the corridor.  Blinded the Hussars and the Vulkans could only crouch, waitng the inevitable.  A Soulslayer reached out of the cloud.  The Vulkan sergeant threw up his gun arm in a  vain attmept to deflect the slash.  Dails pegged into the red.  Lights flashed.  He swung wildly with the powerfist, and connected.  He squeezed the Slayer, continuing even after the beast went limp.  He felt a sense of satisfaction and accomplishmnet - for as long as it took for the second Slayer to extend a claw from the haze and decapitate the sergeant.

TURN 5

"We have what we came for!  Get out, now, while you are able!"  Valerie sprinted for the entrance, followed by two militiamen and two Hussars.

The Vulkans, blocked by debris and bodies, and filled with vengeance, unleashed a torrent of lead, bringing down two Karnophages, two more Soulslayers, all while taking fire from farther down the corridors.  It was too much, versus too little.  The caverns were not ideal for weapons such as the Vulkans.  Their weapons jammed, fighting in close confines, they succumbed to the legions.

"Major, we did it!"

"Hold your tongue, private, we are not home, yet."

Luckily, I was able to snag all three real markers.  It was the only thing that kept this game competitive.  The tally (using the Tournament Point System) was 5.18 to PhillySniper's 14.82.  Adding in the three packages at three points each, the final score was 14.18 to 14.82 - a draw!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 03:14:52 PM by dmcgee1 »

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2006, 05:37:20 PM »

Luckily, I was able to snag all three real markers.  It was the only thing that kept this game competitive.  The tally (using the Tournament Point System) was 5.18 to PhillySniper's 14.82.  Adding in the three packages at three points each, the final score was 14.18 to 14.82 - a draw!

This was an absolutely insane game.  A level 8 subterranian enviornment with very narrow corridors....Whew! This was one of the most fun and challenging battles that I have fought. Thanks Dave!

Homebase- Philadelphia

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2006, 02:52:44 AM »
  The Colonel chomped on his cigar.  "Hmph," he said as he looked out over the refinery.  "Late as usual..."

An orderly came in.  "Sir, no sign of the Krauts.  Maybe they gave up the idea of taking this place."
  The Colonel tunred.   "No... they will come.  Remember, this place is of import to that loonie...  and just because we took it by vertical insertion does not mean they can't.  I happen to know their paratroopers are p[retty good."
  "Sir."
  "Don't worry son; they are comning..."

---------------------------------------------------

Dave- looking forward to the fight this week.  Les has an idea on how to construct the battlefield.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2006, 05:08:29 AM »
hmm...some of the areas that you are talking about are only a few hours from Cleveland...maybe I might ahve to start thinking about some road trips soon and check out some of this madness in person...

maybe bring the Mishima as well...

B...
distance is relative when you're from Texas...
eBay name: sylvas1970