Author Topic: CHALLENGE  (Read 29306 times)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: CHALLENGE
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2006, 12:27:05 PM »
This is going to part of an ogoing series of challeges, Top.  What did you have in mind?
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2006, 12:39:43 PM »
  Dave...  This is more than adequate.  Being that you are bringing Richtausen (your favorite flavor ;) ) I think I have a fair idea of what to expect.  Good thing I have a large amount of Mercenaries...  :D
Ok Dave....  It's on.   Gimme a call later tonight and we can settle details on locale and time.

Will do, John.  However, I don't know, for sure, that I am bringing Richthausen (lots of dice rolls for the Vulkans in desert = frequent jams).  Fair warning.  Further, you will have the advantage of terrain, but I have the option to choose night-fight, or not.

All too true on the Jams... which is why I also expect those god-forsaken Jaegers of yours too to ride shotgun- same house, after all. :)  This can be alot of fun.... and looks to be too.

Whats funny.... If I was the 'Haus, I'd hit the refinery with lots of Blitzers... but I'm crazy like that.

Btw- Leslie said she want's to observe and host this gunfight.  If you are game, we can play up here in Reading.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2006, 12:42:43 PM »
Btw- Leslie said she want's to observe and host this gunfight.  If you are game, we can play up here in Reading.

That would be fine by me - I'll call you and we can set it up.  Other guests welcome?  I am sure Dodge would want to show, plus, he can ref.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2006, 12:44:38 PM »
Been toying with a 3 way battle featuring Litigator Sardonicus. It can be either a negotiation to avoid conflict or can be worked as a peace parley. I would like Bauhaus to be included as the action takes place in Gibson City - although any abandoned or isolated area would work.

Suffice it to say that battle will erupt and it will be on multiple fronts.

Lawyers, Guns and Money
Having arranged the meeting, Litigator Sardonicus has informed each of the participants that the other has chosen the abandoned urban center of Gibson City for the meeting. Each side will be allowed to have two bodyguards enter the city with a small reaction force deployed just outside the city.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2006, 12:47:16 PM »
Damn I wished I lived closer. If I did you would both be receiving this letter.

Dear Sirs:

It has come to the attention of the Cartel that a territorial dispute is about to erupt into armed conflict. The Cartel discourages these types of action unless all other forms of resoulution have failed. Therefore I invite you both to send representatives with appropriate honor guards to meet at a mutually agreeable location in an attempt to resolve this issue.

Sincerely,

Sardonacus the Litigator 

Sardonacus,

I know the good Kaptain.... and I am willing to be he told you to go sh*t in your hat.  No... As much as I would like to resolve this in a boardroom or around a table playing New Texas Hold'em, McGee has a burr under his armor.
  No biggie... I'll just have to help fix that problem.

And its a problem several doses of 7.62mm medicine can cure.  Of this I am certain.  Besides... that bastard owes me a case of his plantation's cigars.  About the only way I'm going to get them is if I take it off of his hide.

Your's Truly,

Senior Colonel John "Archer" Tinney
CO, 3/32 Infantry Battaion, 1st Brigade, 1st Infantry
Capitol Armed Forces

(ooc: Top, you can always drive out this way- you really are not that far from me)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2006, 12:49:56 PM »

That would be fine by me - I'll call you and we can set it up.  Other guests welcome?  I am sure Dodge would want to show, plus, he can ref.

Sure thing.  I know she would not mind at all.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2006, 12:56:39 PM »
Colonel Tinney -

I do not know what personal motivations drive you and Haupt Kaptain McGee, however he has accepted the invitation. Therefore unless you also attend, the Cartel will have no recourse but to determine that this is either a personal vendetta on your part or an illegal attempt to usurp Bauhaus' claim under force of arms. Neither of these would be looked upon kindly by the Cartel and we would be forced to do everything within our means to rectify the situation. I ask you to reconsider your rash course of action.

Sincerely,

Sardonicus the Litigator
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2006, 01:26:22 PM »
< ooc > - Top, Tinney - Top's idea can always be a cease-fire gone wrong if we manage to get all three of us together for it.  That said, this series is off to a good start.  Well played, John.

Free Marketeer, if you persist, you will rue this day - mark my words.  You are fencing while holding a knife.  I suggest you rethink your "claims" lest you want to test our mettle.  Bauhaus will not soon forget this transgression.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2006, 01:28:20 PM »
Colonel Tinney -

I do not know what personal motivations drive you and Haupt Kaptain McGee, however he has accepted the invitation. Therefore unless you also attend, the Cartel will have no recourse but to determine that this is either a personal vendetta on your part or an illegal attempt to usurp Bauhaus' claim under force of arms. Neither of these would be looked upon kindly by the Cartel and we would be forced to do everything within our means to rectify the situation. I ask you to reconsider your rash course of action.

Sincerely,

Sardonicus the Litigator

Sir.

Horse-sh*t.  The Refinery was taken about two years ago in a sanctioned takeover, papers filed  and stamped by Cartel authorities.  No sir... he has openly challenged our holding of this property.  And even if we are in "Discussions", it will not stop him from attacking in an effort to rest control of it thru force of arms rather than thru litigation.

Oh, I'll have the best JAG-type there to conduct negotiations... but unfortuantely, I will not be able to attend said meeting.  I've a refinery to defend against an unwarrented attack.

Cheers!

Col. Tinney
3/32 Inf 1 Inf Div.

PS:  By the way, my Public Relations head asked me to tell you that you need to llive up to your name, get with your sister Melancholia and calm down a little.  You are just way too intense.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2006, 01:29:47 PM »
DAve- sounds like a plan.... and Thanks.  No if Top can get out this way....  Tell Jeff he is welcome too- Les likes his smile.

Top- can you get out this way anytime soon?  Leslie and I are more than willing to put you up for the weekend.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2006, 01:44:32 PM »
I'm going to take some time as soon as I get work caught up - hopefully efore the holidays

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2006, 01:59:44 PM »
Sweet reading!  This is how battles should be planned! ;D
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2006, 04:09:16 PM »
I'm going to take some time as soon as I get work caught up - hopefully efore the holidays

Coolness.  Let me know and I think something  largfer can be arrainged .  The Adventuer's Guild in Harrisburg has some nice terrain- a wonderful Factory board and a pretty nice selection of City Terrain.

Granted, we might get a funny look or two playing something other than 40k... but then I have a good list converting Space Marines and IG over- I can accomidate them too. :) :) :)

Quote from: Veez
Sweet reading!  This is how battles should be planned!

Yep they should... and the offer is good for you too, Marine.  Should you find your way up this way... :)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2006, 07:38:36 PM »

Hmmm Reading??? When and where? Im sure My Orcas and Strikers would love to get out and stretch their legs!!! Or maybe the Legion wants to extend the reach of its MADNESS!!!!  Muahahahahahah!!!!!!! :o
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2006, 09:48:30 PM »
Hmmm Reading??? When and where? Im sure My Orcas and Strikers would love to get out and stretch their legs!!! Or maybe the Legion wants to extend the reach of its MADNESS!!!!  Muahahahahahah!!!!!!! :o

Post a challenge, here, Bryon, versus whomever.  Follow the guidelines I set, and name your ooponent, or leave it open, and the first person to take it is your opponent.