Author Topic: CHALLENGE  (Read 29280 times)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
CHALLENGE
« on: October 05, 2006, 08:44:20 AM »
I am propsing challenges be posted here for any and all who wish to do battle.  Challenges will be placed in the following manner:

• Fluff (keep it as simple or as intricate as you like - it's why you are doing battle and justifies the Victory Conditions)
  • Combatants(you and the person(s) to whom you wish to issue the cahllenge - if "Open" then challenge is accepted by the first to accept it)
  • PC (point cost of battle)
  • Environment (level and terrain - the person who posts the challenge may decide, at the time of battle, whether it will be a night fight)
  • Duration (length of battle, whether in terms of time or turns)
  • Victory Conditions (Take and Hold, Breakthrough, Eliminate Leader, Eradicate, etc. - ensure all parties understand and agree to all conditions)
  • Special Rules (any rules that are not governed by UWZ, but are agreed upon by the players)
  • Date and Time of Battle (use TBD until a date is set, players decide when and where battle will be played)
  • Setup (standard setup, prearranged, UWZ scenario, etc)

As further incentive for doing battle, and doing well, a 0.5% (rounded down to nearest whole number) PC reward (Conflict Points) will be allocated to the winner of the battle for use in future engagements against the given enemy in the challenge plus an additional 0.5% reward (Battle Points) to be used in any Challenge Battle.  Therefore, in a succesful 1000 PC battle, the victor would gain 5 PC to use in their future engagements against that particular player.  This bonus is cumulative with bonuses won from other engagements with the same player.  The additional 0.5% bonus (Battle Points) for victory is cumualtive with all other points.

As an incentive to retreat or surrender a hopeless fight (rather than fight to the last model), the loser of a battle may claim a 1.0% (rounded down to nearest whole number) of all of their own "surviving" forces for use in future engagements against the given enemy in the challenge.

The winner of all challenges shall be determined as the person with the highest win percentage (having to have played a minimum of ten games) between now and this time next year!  (Ties will be fought out with all bonus points allowed!)

CHALLENGE ON!

Open Letter to the current occupiers of all Bauhaus Holdings and Installations:

Having cleansed most of Venus of the Dark Legion's presence, Bauhaus has engaged in liberating many of it's "disputed resources*."  To that end, Bauhaus has filed paperwork with the Cartel that, in effect, states that resources that formerly belonged to Bauhaus will now be officially reclaimed and annexed per Cartel charter.  Bauhas has, at this time, targeted several Venusian installations, refineries and deposits that shall be returned in a fashion of operation and well-being as they were before they were "claimed."

The first installation to be returned is The Kraizchek Storage and Fuel Processing Facility (Installation V23afp).  If proper recompense cannot be reached, then further paperwork will be filed with the Cartel, following normal Warzone RoE (Rules of Engagement), and, at such time, Bauhaus will militarily challenge and win back the facility.  There will be no neutral arbitration.  Occupiers are welcomed to file formal disputes, but Bauhaus will not negotiate, in these cases.  Bauhaus considers these holdings to be theirs.  Of this, there can be no denial.  Repay your debt to humanity and to Bauhaus by vacating and returning these holdings to Bauhaus. 

* - Read "disputed resources" as those resources that have been "claimed" by other corporations while Bauhaus was working closely with the Brotherhood to repel the Dark Legion's invasion of humanity.

Sincerely,

Haupt Kaptain David McGee

on behalf of

House Richthausen Military Kommand

The Battle of The Kraizchek Storage and Fuel Processing Facility (Installation V23afp)

Archer v. dmcgee1 (John Tinney v. David McGee)
PC - 1000 PC Battle
Environment - Level 3 Desert  (Bauhaus will decide at time of battle whether to attack at night)
Duration - 8 turns
Victory Conditions - Bauhaus must elimate or force to retreat all of Archer'sunits by turn 8 (Units that are Panicked at end of Turn 8 are considered lost, but, "survived").  Success means that Bauhaus reclaims the facility.  Failure means that Archer maintains the facility.
Special Rules - Haze (blowing sand):  -1 RC per Range Band beyond Short (i.e.: -1 at M, -2 at L, and -3 at E)
Date and Time: (TBD)
Setup - 48"x48" with 24"x8" Deployment Zones on either side.  Lots of terrain (buildings, pipes, towers, dunes, etc.)

John, let me know if anything needs to be added.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 11:19:48 AM by dmcgee1 »
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
Re: CHALLENGE
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 09:39:00 AM »
he Battle of The Kraizchek Storage and Fuel Processing Facility (Installation V23afp)

Archer v. dmcgee1 (John Tinney v. David McGee)
PC - 1000 PC Battle
Environment - Level 3 Desert  (Bauhaus will decide at time of battle whether to attack at night)
Duration - 8 turns
Victory Conditions - Bauhaus must elimate or force to retreat all of Archer'sunits by turn 8 (Units that are Panicked at end of Turn 8 are considered lost, but, "survived").  Success means that Bauhaus reclaims the facility.  Failure means that Archer maintains the facility.
Special Rules - Haze (blowing sand):  -1 RC per Range Band beyond Short (i.e.: -1 at M, -2 at L, and -3 at E)
Date and Time: (TBD)
Setup - 48"x48" with 24"x8" Deployment Zones on either side.  Lots of terrain (buildings, pipes, towers, dunes, etc.)

John, let me know if anything needs to be added.

Dave...  This is more than adequate.  Being that you are bringing Richtausen (your favorite flavor ;) ) I think I have a fair idea of what to expect.  Good thing I have a large amount of Mercenaries...  :D

---------------------

"Colonel!!"
  The grizzled veteran of many battles looked up.  "What is it, Lieutenant?"
  "The Fritzies are coming sir!!  They have issued a planetary challenge to anyone that has their old facilities..."
  "Did they now?"
  "Yes Sir... and their chosen commander is that criminal McGee."
  A grimace.  "Oh really... Well, we know what to expect from him, don't we?"
  "Sir?"
  The Colonel stood.  "Get word out to CAF Command over in Moutain Home; tell 'em we will need some air support yesterday, if they can spare it... and see if those damnabe Free Marines are still around.  It's either them or Rangers for this one... and thats a fact.
  "Sir!!"  The Lt left at a run.

The Colonel walked over to the window over looking the refinery.  "If he wants to bust his face and his rep here... he's more than welcome to.  I broke that speed-demon Kassing, I can break McGee...  Him and those damnable Vulkans of his.

"Swear to the Cardinal that he makes love to them in his sleep..."

Ok Dave....  It's on.   Gimme a call later tonight and we can settle details on locale and time.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 09:49:15 AM »
Damn I wished I lived closer. If I did you would both be receiving this letter.

Dear Sirs:

It has come to the attention of the Cartel that a territorial dispute is about to erupt into armed conflict. The Cartel discourages these types of action unless all other forms of resoulution have failed. Therefore I invite you both to send representatives with appropriate honor guards to meet at a mutually agreeable location in an attempt to resolve this issue.

Sincerely,

Sardonacus the Litigator 
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 09:55:56 AM »
Capitol Broadcast Systems wishes that both parties contribute representatives to Smacktalk Saturday Night! (tm) to resolve their differences through creative insults.  We will also refrain from refering to either Duke Richtausen or his promiscuous and stupid mother in a negative light.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 10:34:06 AM »
Capitol Broadcast Systems wishes that both parties contribute representatives to Smacktalk Saturday Night! (tm) to resolve their differences through creative insults.  We will also refrain from refering to either Duke Richtausen or his promiscuous and stupid mother in a negative light.

Wow.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 10:38:47 AM »
I believe the correct response is "Oh Snap"

:)
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 10:45:58 AM »
Damn I wished I lived closer. If I did you would both be receiving this letter.

Dear Sirs:

It has come to the attention of the Cartel that a territorial dispute is about to erupt into armed conflict. The Cartel discourages these types of action unless all other forms of resoulution have failed. Therefore I invite you both to send representatives with appropriate honor guards to meet at a mutually agreeable location in an attempt to resolve this issue.

Sincerely,

Sardonacus the Litigator 

Litigator,

As has been stated previously, and here, again, we will not negotiate.  They are our holdings, and we will not accept arbitration.  They that would lay claim to Bauhaus (in the despicable manner that they did withstanding) have two options:
 - Option I - Release all Bauhaus holdings and resources and peaceably keep all non-Bauhaus assets while moving them elsewhere.
 - Option II - Fail to relinquish said holdings, and take the substantial risk of losing all non-Bauhaus assets in the unsuing liberation of said holdings.

Litigator, we are clear on this issue.  We are steadfast.  We will not accept the terms under which the holdings were taken, and will only accept the return of the holdings.  There will be no offer of quid pro quo, and there will be no compensation for any non-Bauhaus losses incurred.  The options are there.  They have but to choose wisely.

Litigator, please, inform those whom it concerns.  As for any other actions on your part, they are not invited, needed, nor warranted

Sincerely,

on behalf of

and
Corporation Bauhaus

Heh - this is getting fun.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 10:47:58 AM by dmcgee1 »

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 10:53:35 AM »
prehaps you'll like to talking  to our Cartel Kung-fu Lawyers will change your mind.
    ***claps hands twice...the room fills withh Cartel Kung-fu Lawyers with anit-vulkan power tools" :P
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 10:56:29 AM »
Haupt Kaptain McGee -

As you should be aware, the Cartel serves the Corporations and has helped Bauhaus on several occassions. Failure to participate in negotiations even if it is to formally state your views and have them recorded in official Cartel documents would endanger further assistance that could be offered to Bauhaus in the future. Think carefully before you decide on a course of action that could be detrimental to your career and the future of Bauhaus.

Sincerely,

Sardonicus the Litigator.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2006, 10:57:50 AM »
  Dave...  This is more than adequate.  Being that you are bringing Richtausen (your favorite flavor ;) ) I think I have a fair idea of what to expect.  Good thing I have a large amount of Mercenaries...  :D
Ok Dave....  It's on.   Gimme a call later tonight and we can settle details on locale and time.

Will do, John.  However, I don't know, for sure, that I am bringing Richthausen (lots of dice rolls for the Vulkans in desert = frequent jams).  Fair warning.  Further, you will have the advantage of terrain, but I have the option to choose night-fight, or not.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 11:16:00 AM by dmcgee1 »

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2006, 11:02:55 AM »
prehaps you'll like to talking  to our Cartel Kung-fu Lawyers will change your mind.
    ***claps hands twice...the room fills withh Cartel Kung-fu Lawyers with anit-vulkan power tools" :P

Fine, I'll talk to the bottom-feeding, panty-raiding, honor-of-a-goat lawyers (Vulkans do a quick scan of all loose bolts).  However, I will not hesitate to remind you that without the Brotherhood and Bauhaus, your lawyers would hold positions of necrovat maintainers, and your ninja would be Behemoth Snacks™.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2006, 11:06:40 AM »
Haupt Kaptain McGee -

As you should be aware, the Cartel serves the Corporations and has helped Bauhaus on several occassions. Failure to participate in negotiations even if it is to formally state your views and have them recorded in official Cartel documents would endanger further assistance that could be offered to Bauhaus in the future. Think carefully before you decide on a course of action that could be detrimental to your career and the future of Bauhaus.

Sincerely,

Sardonicus the Litigator.

I misspoke.  We will take part (though, you already have our answer).  The formal proceedings should garner much publicity and sympathy for our cause.  I suppose that we should thank you for the opportunity for the public display of the egressions undertaken by the other corporations upon Bauhaus.  We look forward to our day in ... court?

Sincerely,

on behalf of

and
Corporation Bauhaus

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2006, 11:09:45 AM »
This is where I have to bow out because I can't get there to play.....dammit. List Cons that might be coming up in your area and I will look into time off. If this works then we can play at an event we can all agree on.

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2006, 11:46:09 AM »
The next Con that some of us go to is Dreamation in January 25th to 28th I believe. Check  www.dexposure.com
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2006, 12:01:40 PM »
I guess the big question is can the other two participants wait that long?