Author Topic: Look at this punk.  (Read 8831 times)

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Look at this punk.
« on: October 05, 2006, 07:32:10 AM »
Punk, I said.  J.P., our favorite whipping boy.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Iron Panda

Re: Look at this punk.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 01:35:55 PM »
JP looks like he's flashing some gang symbols.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 05:43:52 AM »
'Might've been giving me the finger!  Now I'm really gonna beat his Firstborn.

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 06:11:46 AM »
Maybe the finger is directed at all the hater that populated the board around the begining of the year.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 06:32:06 AM »
I'm not missing them at all.  I think I've even managed to convince Thom that even with Excelsior's demise, his game will live on as long as we keep playing it and having fun.  The tourney was a blast.  For anyone reading this, get all the models you can on ebay, or from Europe, show your friends a game, and you'll find a lot of good gaming.  I convinced my local Black Lightning (Reaper) rep Chronopia, and it seems like Warlord is taking a back seat.  Amazing how a game can be played with no company support.  No worrying about release dates.  The ability to proxy whatever you want.  It's anarchy man, power to the people!

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 06:48:26 AM »
You have made a valid point.

We are the freest gamers out there (okay maybe the VOR guys because they had a ruleset for creating your own army but it was lousy and underpowered).

No release schedule.
No worrying about if there is going to be a new edition dumped on us ruining everything we have done so far.
Because figs are at a premium we can't afford to be all snobby about if those are authentic, latest edition figures.
One might argue the only down side is that we have not final authority but WE are the final authority-the non-believers and the fair-weather gamers have gone leaving the hard core fans (okay, maybe just the twenty of us) but we live on and the game will live on with us in a form we can all agree on.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 07:21:22 AM »
I'm not missing them at all.  I think I've even managed to convince Thom that even with Excelsior's demise, his game will live on as long as we keep playing it and having fun.  The tourney was a blast.  For anyone reading this, get all the models you can on ebay, or from Europe, show your friends a game, and you'll find a lot of good gaming.  I convinced my local Black Lightning (Reaper) rep Chronopia, and it seems like Warlord is taking a back seat.  Amazing how a game can be played with no company support.  No worrying about release dates.  The ability to proxy whatever you want.  It's anarchy man, power to the people!

Since Monday is a day off, my and a friend are probably gonna be playin' warzone for some of it.  I gave him a rulebook, and ran a demo for him a while ago, and he really dug it.  More players for Warzone!!
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 08:28:36 AM »
      Screw the haters, screw all the people who talk about our game being "dead", SCREW THEM ALL!!!  Its like that ole' Huey Lewis song says "The Heart of Chronpopia Is Still Beating".  We may not be running a marathon but we're still kick'n.  Gaming is not a popularity contest to me, play WHAT you like and with WHO you like because that is what its really all about, having a good time with your bud's.  Atleast half the reason I play is to hang out with my friends, enjoy a few drinks and talk smack ;D.    I don't play the newest "in" game so people will think I'm cool, hell I know I'm cool, it seems there are just so many gamers out there who just don't get it.  Hell, I still have my original copy of "Chainmail" I used to play back in the 70's and I'd play it just for fun's sake.  Me and my bud's kept playing Chronopia after it was "dead" the first time, I'm sure not going to quit now. 

As for the haters, I find them to be cowards who only talk smack from a safe distance and as long as no one knows who they are.  I have ABSOLUTELY no respect for them.  This forum is a place for "discussion", sometimes you don't agree with people, hey welcome to life.  Just because I don't agree with someone doesn't mean I shouldn't RESPECT them.  You say your peace and you LET IT GO!  I don't post on here to take out my frustrations on somebody I don't have to deal with, I have a punching bag downstairs for that.  Now, thats not to say I won't stand my ground, even against overwhelming odds.  A person who won't fight for what they believe in isn't worth much to me.  Still, you have to use your brain and controll yourself, its still just a game,a atleast thats what I think. 

Thanks for letting me rant. 
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2006, 08:48:45 AM »
who knew JP's photo would stir such passion  :P
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2006, 08:51:46 AM »
     @Masher-- If we ever hookup I'll show you some passion ;D.

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2006, 08:59:18 AM »
     @Masher-- If we ever hookup I'll show you some passion ;D.

with talk like that at least buy me dinner first  :P

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2006, 09:01:18 AM »
      Maybe some drinks?  Definitly some drinks, I'll need them, I've seen your picture ;D.

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2006, 09:17:26 AM »
Is,nt there a different site for this kind of talk. Maybe Passion.com
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2006, 09:22:21 AM »
Is,nt there a different site for this kind of talk. Maybe Passion.com

its JP's photo..it does things to people...horrible things  :P

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2006, 09:56:41 AM »
I knew in my soul that posting his pic would summon foul, abominable, perversions of the natural order of our forum, and for that, I apologize.