Author Topic: help  (Read 12456 times)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: help
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2006, 03:20:06 PM »
I think that you misunderstood, Sylvas - he was complimenting the Vallejo Smoke.  Personally, I mix all my own colors from bases.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2006, 05:00:54 PM »
I think that you misunderstood, Sylvas - he was complimenting the Vallejo Smoke.  Personally, I mix all my own colors from bases.

ahh...maybe I was...

but the point still stand from that other person...he claimed that it was too watery...

I have used a smoke wash made by, ironically, Testors...it was good, but you couldn't use it on large areas...I use it when I am painting my Warmachine figs for the exhaust pipes...

rumor has it, there is a good Smoke wash made by Tamiya that works really well also, but I have never been able to find it...

B...
Smoke 'em if you've got 'em...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Halfbad

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2006, 03:51:45 PM »
Tamiya smoke is fantastic, I reccomend it over Vallejo. Also, there is a line of pretty good inks called kels magic sauce, the war store carries them. They are cheap, you get a ton,and if you mix the brown and black you get smoke

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2006, 05:38:22 PM »
Tamiya smoke is fantastic, I reccomend it over Vallejo. Also, there is a line of pretty good inks called kels magic sauce, the war store carries them. They are cheap, you get a ton,and if you mix the brown and black you get smoke

never heard of that brand/paint before...where is it that you get them (war store?)...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2006, 06:02:14 PM »
Neal at the warstore.com. A great game supply/mini e-store. I shop there as often as my finances will allow. Neal almost always gets you;re stuff to you in 3-4 days.

wmeredith
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.