Author Topic: RAMS Air Cav...  (Read 9670 times)

Offline Scorpion

• Journeyman
Re: RAMS Air Cav...
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2006, 05:55:41 AM »
Of course he should have CC score :-) And PFC joe is right in this - IMHO. CC of 7 is good choice.
I only said, that he CAN autobreak for cost of one action - like all other flyers (banshees included).

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2006, 06:01:51 AM »
He and I have gone round and round a couple times about shotguns in CC... and one of these days, I am going to hand him my shotgun heavy Cartel Army and bumrush him with Ducal Militia...
what would you expect to happen?

if you go closer and donīt use the ar efficiently, the shotguns will win, esp. in a close environment..

I donīt remember, can you fire a shotgun template in cc  ???

shotguns are very good already.. with this in CC, any CC expert will look so poor ..
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2006, 07:34:59 AM »
Once again if you look it was me and PFCJoe that decussed the CC stat of 7 Ifelt he should have it, but Thom has stated no unless the FAQ's team overrides Thom thats an official answer and as far as auto-breakaway we were talking about breaking away without spending an action which the Rams Air must spend an action.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2006, 07:51:50 AM »
He and I have gone round and round a couple times about shotguns in CC... and one of these days, I am going to hand him my shotgun heavy Cartel Army and bumrush him with Ducal Militia...
what would you expect to happen?

if you go closer and donīt use the ar efficiently, the shotguns will win, esp. in a close environment..

I donīt remember, can you fire a shotgun template in cc  ???

shotguns are very good already.. with this in CC, any CC expert will look so poor ..

Sure, AR's are better unless is a tight environment.  I've always said the shotgun should be able to be used like a club in CC (most shotguns are pretty robust) like assault rifles can be.  It's only STR for damage anyway... :)

Sometimes clubbing the guy is better than trying to break away.  Case in point Dark Slayer gets rushed by mortant and lives.  Any attempt to break away is at a penalty of at least four points (DS CC of 9 versus Mortant 12 + Strength difference).  And 4 points is pretty mighty at times.

Not as mighty as the normal eight point difference most folks have versus Machinator Mk1's but still.  ;D

No, most shotguns cannot be fired in CC.  The one exception (iirc) is the Inheritor sawed-off/shot-pistol.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2006, 01:21:02 PM »
Once again if you look it was me and PFCJoe that decussed the CC stat of 7 Ifelt he should have it, but Thom has stated no unless the FAQ's team overrides Thom thats an official answer and as far as auto-breakaway we were talking about breaking away without spending an action which the Rams Air must spend an action.

Phil, when you say that it takes an AC, are you including the movement that goes with that breakaway?  Any break from CC allows movement, hence the AC spent is nothing more than a move.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2006, 02:11:20 PM »
On page 42 as Scorpion stated it states " The flyer needs only to expend 1 action to break away and can then move freely." So it looks to me that  1 action must be spend and then on the 2nd action could move.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2006, 07:38:11 PM »
Also on pg. 42:

6.2.3 - BREAK AWAY
If a model wants to break away from Close Combat with an enemy model, it must spend an Action to do so. ... If the model attempting to Break Away succeeds, it is moved away from the engaged enemy model up to its MV in inches.

Therefore, it spends the AC, but gets to move away if successful.  As flyers are automatically successful, they get to move away up to their MV in inches during the Break Away with that AC.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 07:40:24 PM by dmcgee1 »
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!