Author Topic: RAMS Air Cav...  (Read 9697 times)

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
RAMS Air Cav...
« on: September 17, 2006, 07:17:29 AM »
hey everyone...

I'm not sure if this question has ever been asked or answered, but since it came up in a game that I played last night, I need to clear it up (mainly because I'm writing a scenario for next year's Origins and I need to cover all possible quirks)...

Is the RAMS Air Cav able to break from close conbat for free?  In the book, under Vehicles in Close Combat, the book states that vehicles can break from close combat for free.  Now looking at the description line from the RAMS, the line does not include the word Vehicle (for reference I looked to the left at the description line for the Vermin APC).

This combined with the fact that the RAMS has NO CC skill (just a dash), what does this mean if a RAMS is charged while grounded?

B.
I ask all this because I charged a grounded RAMS last night, and we had absolutely no idea how to handle it...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
Re: RAMS Air Cav...
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 09:49:28 AM »
I'd assume they stand no chance of fighting back in CC.  However, if they can break away, they can fly up, and pelt the attack with rockets. :)
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 10:14:58 AM »
The Rams Air Cav is not a vehical it must roll to breakaway he also cannot move and shoot, but he is a mortal and should have a CC score since he is armed with a sidearm that can be used in CC. I dont know whwt the stat should be or if it stated before. PFCJoe may have an answer.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 10:21:14 AM »
Hmmm.... just checked the book, and he does have a pistol, but he doesn't have a CC rating. Odd.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 02:28:06 PM »
Hmmm.... just checked the book, and he does have a pistol, but he doesn't have a CC rating. Odd.

that's what we said Sat. night when we were playing and the problem came up...

we had just assumed at that time that he would need a 1 to hit because he was surrounded by Soshomara Monks (CC training: 4)...

that was just a temporary fix, but at the time, it sufficed because the game was wrapping up anyway...

B.

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 02:47:48 PM »
Personally I think the CC stat should be 7 as both the Storm Trencher Mortar and Hurricane Walker have 7's.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 08:01:46 PM »
I'd give him a CC stat of 7. 

I'd also say, he can not autobreak.  I'd treat him like the Banshees in that respect, he is afterall, mortal.

-PFC joe
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 05:01:26 AM »
CC 7 sounds fair.  I'll have to pencil it into my book. :)

Even though I don't have any Air Cav, there's one I know of for sale that's wanting to be bought.

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 06:07:38 AM »
Thanks for the response PFC joe.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 01:35:50 PM »
I'd give him a CC stat of 7. 

I'd also say, he can not autobreak.  I'd treat him like the Banshees in that respect, he is afterall, mortal.

-PFC joe

thank you very much Joe...

B.

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2006, 02:26:12 PM »
At Between Books I talked to Thom about the RamsAir having a CC and he told me no they do not. They have a sidearm for the same reason WWI pilots 1st carried them to shot themselves if they crashed so that they did'nt burn to death.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2006, 02:30:32 PM »
which begs to be asked then what happens if a RAMS gets charged...are they classified as a vehicle?...

B...
have to find that book...

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2006, 02:43:06 PM »
That was answered above they are not a vehicle and need to roll to break away from CC.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Scorpion

• Journeyman
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2006, 03:45:13 PM »
On page 42 in UWZ rulebook is writen: "If Flyers wishes to Break Away from Close Combat, it does not to roll anything, even if an enemy model wishes to prevent it."
Then there is section, that vehicles may break away without testing, so Flyers inluded not only vehicles, but all flying models, even mortal.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2006, 05:13:23 AM »
Thom needs to play more.

I concur- give him a ccscore of 7- though I would advocate a smaller number due to the RAMS system being so bulky.  Since he is a flyer, then yeah, I can see him breaking away but I would say he should have a CC score because having none means to me easy to hit.

side note:  He and I have gone round and round a couple times about shotguns in CC... and one of these days, I am going to hand him my shotgun heavy Cartel Army and bumrush him with Ducal Militia...
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y