Author Topic: Devon Aoki as Valerie?  (Read 18652 times)

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
Devon Aoki as Valerie?
« on: August 25, 2006, 01:51:20 PM »
Hmmm....

Sweet little Miho as Val Duval.  Interesting casting chioce.  I suppose she can pull it off... though I don't recall ever hearing her speak.

Anone else have? ???
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Gallagher_Standard_Barer

Re: Devon Aoki as Valerie?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 03:03:43 PM »
Seriously? Hmmm she's not the first person I picture when I think Bauhaus. 

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 04:00:02 AM »
Seriously? Hmmm she's not the first person I picture when I think Bauhaus. 

I agree, she is not for me either.  But thats what IMDB says
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 05:20:31 AM »
She's good looking but would'nt be my choice for the role.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 04:20:03 PM »
hmmm...not sure I'm all with this move...she's a good actress, but as a Alsatian assassin?...

B.
Alsatian = French/German (just like me)
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 05:07:41 AM »
hmmm...not sure I'm all with this move...she's a good actress, but as a Alsatian assassin?...

B.
Alsatian = French/German (just like me)
Well they could have casted an Alsatian. :)

I don't know she's not like the art for Valerie Duval, but I am sure she'll look good in a tight form fitting Etoile Mortant outfit.

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 08:08:55 AM »

I don't know she's not like the art for Valerie Duval, but I am sure she'll look good in a tight form fitting Etoile Mortant outfit.

Preach on, my brother!!
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline Fetzenbankert

• WARFIELD 28
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 04:20:51 AM »
Well, I am rather disappointed about this choice. Why?

1) The less important reason: this is just my personal opinion, but Devon Aoki is ugly as a sin. Dont bash on me now, this is just my point of view and we all have different kinds of taste. But in my eyes she looks like an incarnate manga-nightmare.

2)  The more important reason: if I take a look on all the pictures that show Valerie Duval (sourcebooks, trading cards, comics, etc), than on none of them she looks asian or childlike. She always has a very european look, a longlish face (and not round like Devon), high cheek bones and a more prominent nose and chin. For me Valerie has a very graceful, noble and proud, but still feminine beauty like (the young) Claudia Cardinale or Catherine Zeta-Jones have - unfortunately Devon Aoki has none of this....

PS: Dont missunderstand me, I liked Aoki in Sin City, but I do think that she just dont match for the role of Valerie Duval.

Wedge

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 08:46:32 AM »
I always pictured Rena Sofer or Susan Parrish as Valerie... just my opinion.  I think they meet the physical descriptions perfectly--though I am not sure of how much an action star they are...

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2006, 11:10:12 AM »
Catherine Zeta-Jones is seriously hot but I can't see her as Valerie though.

Rena Sofer has a face that looks like some of the art for Valerie. I've never heard of her though and I haven't seen any of the stuff she's been in according to IMDB.

Wedge, who is Susan Parrish? There's no IMDB listing for her.

Offline Fetzenbankert

• WARFIELD 28
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2006, 12:03:41 PM »
Both (Zeta-Jones and Cardinale) were meant as examples and not as real possibilities. But I am quite happy that I am not the only one who sees it this way, that Valerie Duval should have a totally different way to look alike than Aoki.
Wedge, I agree with you, both actresses would definitely match better (although I would prefer Rena Sofer, Coil already stated why). But I suspect that you meant Claire Forlani instead of Susan Parrish, who is a character from the film Meeting Joe Black and whom Forlani played. Nevertheless, you are right, she would also be great as Valerie.

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2006, 12:21:52 PM »
I think a Darker Haired Kristanna Loken would make a great Val.  Especially the way she faught and looked in T3 and  Blood Rayne. What do you guys think?
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Iron Panda

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2006, 05:04:54 PM »
Mila Jovovich and Claudia Black would be awesome in the role.  They have the femme fatale look as well as the film experience to portray Duval.

I think a Darker Haired Kristanna Loken would make a great Val.  Especially the way she faught and looked in T3 and  Blood Rayne. What do you guys think?

Loken could work out too.  However at this point, she looks a bit of a teenager.  In a couple of years, she could become a contender.

Offline ezekiel

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2006, 12:50:40 PM »
you stole my thunder! milla jovovich IS valerie duvall! shes got the whole euro thing going with a rsume full of butt kicking action movies!!!! cant you all just see her whirling around those bladed knightsticks cracking necromutant skulls?!
games workshop: the ultimate evil megacorp!

Offline Fetzenbankert

• WARFIELD 28
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2006, 02:29:44 PM »
You got the point.  Jovovich would be great, although she doesnt have the real female look of Valerie Duval (once again: I really liked her in the Resident Evil-movies). But she wouldnt be my first choice. Anyway, she would be better than Devon Aoki. Like so many others.....