Author Topic: Proxy Weapons  (Read 3961 times)

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
Proxy Weapons
« on: December 04, 2006, 11:55:03 AM »
Was wandering around the net and found this site. 

http://www.thehobbybox.biz/prodtype.asp?PT_ID=795&strPageHistory=cat

US weapons in 28mm, on clearance.  If I had some mad miniature hacking skills, I'd consider re-arming some of my Capitol troops to give them a much more American look.   

Returning you to your regularly scheduled programming....

Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: Proxy Weapons
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 12:10:25 PM »
YO - Calling all miniature cutters. MadBrad has humbly requested a tutorial on weapons conversions. I am in the middle of a gameroom move so someone else needs to help him out. I hope to be operational after Jan 01 and project 1 is the Cancer Mounted Machinegun.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 03:30:41 PM »
what are you trying to convert...that may make a difference...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Wedge

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 03:41:03 PM »
Sylvas is correct.  What matters most are the models in question.  Example:

For miniatures that have their weapons hugged to their bodies (some of the HI) this could make the conversion much harder.  Weapons that are extended off to the side or generally away from the body are just a few razorblade cuts and a dremel away from being converted.  If you are REALLY careful with your dissecting of the original weapon you can get away without any milliput or greenstuff.  But in general you'd want to have some on hand to cover up any goofs you may make in the surgery room.

If you can provide specific models and what you want to swap--we may be able to give more specific advice.

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 08:45:41 PM »
LOL!

Idle musings might turn into a hardcore trip to conversion land.....

Here's what I'm thinking.   I have several "extra" light infantry that I want to use in action, but fielding more than the two squads I already have that are well painted, well....seems unlikely to have that many LI squads on the board at one time.  Those weapons, esp the M4/w M203 GL seem to be about the right look.  Massive enough to be WZ weapons, but US/NATO enough to present a new cool theme.   

The problem, of course, is that I have chosen figures with the weapons hugged close, so I might need to rethink my ambition. 

Still, those guns are nice...maybe if I just buy a few packs and hide them away.....

Oh, did not look all the way thru, to see if they had a .50 cal sniper rifle.   Maybe a custom conversion Chasseur Sniper...

I'll keep you all posted. 

EDIT ----Added the following

OK, I just looked thru the entire list and almost dropped my coffee.  Yes, they have the M21 and the Barret .50 cal sniper rifles, plus Dragon Launchers and a variety of shotguns and even the M-16 w/shotgun combo weapon.   

Why did I have to look.  Now I don't even have the excuse that ignorance is bliss...those images are going to play over and over in my head like a hit single by Semai....

<Looks for Dremel>   
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 08:51:31 PM by MadBrad »
Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 05:26:49 PM »
A sniper conversion is one of the easiest conversions to make...all you need is a pin vise, a finishing nail, and green stuff...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970