Author Topic: stalk/stealth/lurk  (Read 7540 times)

Offline jjdodger

• Board Member
stalk/stealth/lurk
« on: July 31, 2006, 05:25:17 PM »
At what point do you lose your "satealthyness" and to whom? Under "spot" is says that the unit who did the spoting, and only that unit, can see the "Stalking/Stealthy/Lurking (SSL)" unit. Under Stalk/Stealth, it says that as soon as the model does an action other than "move/aim/concentrate.." it loses its stalky/stealthiness, but to whom? the model/unit it attacks? or to the whole board? or to units in LOS?

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
Re: stalk/stealth/lurk
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 06:00:59 PM »
First you have to be spotted. As long as you only move/aim/concentrate you cant be acted upon. When you are spotted only the SQUAD that spots you can see and act upon you. Once you perform an action other than M/A/C it is my understanding that you lose it only to the SQUAD that the action affects. Thats what I was told and how Ive been playing it.
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 08:01:18 AM »
Hmmm... makes me sad that Capitol doesn't have any Stalking models.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline mchiao

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 08:08:07 AM »
Hmmm... makes me sad that Capitol doesn't have any Stalking models.

Who else has a rocket pack/jump jet besides Captiol?  I think the jump pack is better, IMHO.

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 08:46:45 AM »
Hmmm... touche', sir. :)
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 08:48:16 AM »
Stalk/Stealth can be extremely deadly on a limited sight/ hvy terrain board. Jump packs are nice too, especially on an urban or hilly board.  Thats why I love both forces.

Homebase- Philadelphia

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 04:30:33 PM »
Reraising this question, as Ifound something that appears to conflict.

Under Unseen Assailant, a model may use its first AC to charge, and subsequently kill an opponent.  It may then use its remaining AC to move to a position of safety.  If that position is out of LOS of any model within 12", its Stalking status is preserved.

Does this mean that it never left Stalk while making an attack from being Hidden?
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 07:24:33 AM »
The answer is Yes and No. If he makes it to cover his attack was so fast no one had time to react and see him, but if he doesn't make it to cover then he is seen when units are reacting to there fallen comrade. I hope that makes sense to you. ;) ;)
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 10:52:53 AM »
Makes sense to me.  It's the classic Indiana Jones jumps the last straggling Nazi marching by and then drags him behind some crates to swap uniforms. 

"Has anyone seen Johannes?" 
"Johannes who?"

Or the Alien who grabs the hapless yet colorful tertiary character and drags him/her up a airshaft for a little lunch while no one's looking--

Etc, et al, ad infinitum--

D

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 12:57:31 PM »
The answer is Yes and No. If he makes it to cover his attack was so fast no one had time to react and see him, but if he doesn't make it to cover then he is seen when units are reacting to there fallen comrade. I hope that makes sense to you. ;) ;)

thats so kool....damn I want to play something with that skill.
  ***steve looks though his rulebook****
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Dark Legion Killer

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2008, 04:52:42 PM »
Sweet!!!  What ED rules it that for?

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008, 05:48:42 PM »
Sweet!!!  What ED rules it that for?

UWZ (3rd Ed.)

(I love short, post-count-adding answers ;))
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 06:23:18 PM »
me too  ;D

Homebase- Philadelphia

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 07:28:13 PM »
I find short, post-count-adding answers to be a disappointing aspect of sharing information and would discourage everyone from succumbing to the temptation of using them to pad your post count. The fact that my speaking out against them actually pads my post count is an irony that I fully comprehend but hope most of you will miss....hmmmm....maybe I shouldn't have typed that last bit.  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 07:49:06 PM »
I find long rambling incoherent post count adding replies another disappointing aspect of sharing information and would discourage specific someones from succumbing to the temptation of using them to pad your post count. The fact that my speaking out against them actually pads my post count is an irony that I fully comprehend but hope he will miss....hmmmm....maybe I shouldn't have typed that last bit.   ;)

Homebase- Philadelphia