Author Topic: maplewood saga scenerios and batrep  (Read 21450 times)

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
Re: maplewood saga scenerios and batrep
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2006, 01:50:53 PM »
On Cobra island.

Nick Micheals laid in his cell trying to recover from his latest meeting with Brother Coins When the whole building shock from a ear shattering explosition knocking Nick off his bed.
         Just when  he was getting back up and trying figure what hell was going on the celll door open. Standing there was a Mishima Doomtrooper.
                             "Come with me Agent Micheals if you want to live."
                                    with a devilish grin across his brusied face nick replies.
                                               "What hell took you so long?" 

Ok at long last the resuce of Agent Nick Micheals.
Players:
  Masherking (cartel)

Jibba (cobra/captiol)

Setup: Doom tiles (think space hulk)

specia rules:  Taking a clue from my Legion of steel game. Ignore unit cohession (its a indoor battle). Cartel gets nick for free.

Mission: cartel is to get to the exits on the otherside of the board. where they will escape cobra island on captured "bubble troubles". (fans of the old show know what I'm talking about  8))
           Cobra is to stop him.

We might base it off on of the legion of steel scenerios...I'll see how jibba feels about it.

Prize:
 cartel gets nick back! yeah baby

Cobra I dont know, anyone have any ideas...I thinking maybe they kill nick off. I dont know.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 05:31:45 PM by masherking »
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2006, 05:12:13 PM »
     Assault Marine Captain Jamison Todds was a veritable wall of destruction while wearing his Fullback armor.  A nightmare of ceramic and metal plates, wielding an M-89 HMG like the Devil's own paintbrush.  Outside of his armor, one would never know he was a decorated war hero, with multitudes of confirmed kills, and enough medals for an entire squad of soldiers.  He stood at parade rest in his snow-white Naval dress uniform, the steel colored Capitol Eagle that represented his Special Forces group stood out proudly on his right breast.  The enlisted man behind the camera finished adjusting the knobs and buttons and gave him a silent "action" signal.

Todds spoke into the camera.  "this is Captain Jamison Todds of the 27th Assault Marine Team reporting.  Hostilities at the Ganymede oil processing plant New Boise ended today at roughly 1630 hours central Luna time.  Squads Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie of Assault Team 27 were dispatched to assist in the defense of the oil refinery, which had been under attack by an Imperial Wolf Pak chieftain who had called himself "The Lord Humongous"  The three squads were fast roped in roughly 2 hours before the outer defenses were breached.  The Lord Humongous demanded the surrender of the soverein held territory of Capitol, which was of course, refused totally.  After conferring with AFC Colonel Anthony Marinelli, a defensive perimiter was set up.  When the Wolf Pak agressors entered the defensive perimeter, they were quickly surrounded and nuetrilized.  Apart from heavy casualties from the Freedom Bridage garrison, actual casualties were minimal.  The Fallen Assault Marines were cremated as per custom, and their dog tags will be sent to Mars at the next convenience fo their next of kin.  The Wolf Pak and Freedom bridage corpses were burned to prevent re-animation.  After careful examination, the Wolf Pak equipment will be transported to Victoria, as a token of good will to Imperial Parliment, along with a drafted resolution for a cease fire over New Boise.  A detailed sit-rep of the surviving Freedom Brigadeers and Assault Marines will be forwarded to AFC command for review and commendation.  Todds, over and out."

A rather fun 1000 point brawl was had today between me and Steve (Masherking).

Things we learned:
Stealth is mean (Wolfbairns are sneaky gits)
Deadshot is good against a CC army. (yay Assault marines!)
One Haedhunter can reach for his dreams... his dreams of hacking apart a bunch of Assault Marines and Freedom Brigadeers.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2006, 06:34:00 PM »
Lord Humungus stood at top of the battered armored truck. Though a old mike began to preach to the faithful; the road warriors, drifters, and murders of Barter Town. They listened in awe.

He preach that though him
every man will have food.
every man would have fuel.
every man will have Whores!
and when he had their undivided attention.  Lord Humungus, Great Prophet of the Waste, the un- conquerable one, THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA preached of a sign from the heavens would be sent to lite their road to greatness.
          ...as if on cue.
A loud boom followed by long scar of black bellowing smoke and fire cut across the sky dropping out of view.

Lord Humungus not missing a beat.
                          "There my DOGS .... lets Fetch our Destiny!!"
with the sounds of battle cry's, random guns fired into the air and the load roar of engines. The men of Barter Town rode out to follow the black scar across the sky and meet their fate head on.

on board the doomed Cartel security cruiser.
               "MAY DAY..MAY DAY WE ARE UNDER DARK LEGION ATTACK."
                         "THIS THE CSC RONWELL WE ARE DARK...LEGION...ATTACK..
                                      GONNA...CRASH ON EARTH....HELP US....."

on board the AZOGHAR.
               The Necromutant captain was pleased. On the large sony view screen he watched the ships tubro blasters score a direct hit on the Cartel cruiser sending it crashing into the earth. He turned to his necrobiotic communications officer.
              " Send a message to the Bleeding Prophet. Tell him the cartel ship was where he said it would be and that I'm sending down a force to retrieve what's left of it."

Phillysniper and I played the Falling Star scenario. As always it was blast playing him. What I like he comes to a game with plan and sticks to it ,  its Ususally a damn good plan.

the goal of the game was to get within 3'' of the crashed ship placed in the center. The one with the most points within 6 + a die roll turns  wins.
the game was played on 2 tables. Faceing each other the long way.

strangely enough we both decide (without talk about before hand) to try armies neither one us ever played before and it turn out to be a weird mix.

he had a strong Close combat Dark Legion Force and I had My Mad max army loads of grunts
and vehiclals (fenris bikes, Necromowers...you get the idea). Though philly did have stalking units (very scary even for my trucks)  at the end of the day the necromowers,  bikes and cheap grunts ( never underestimate a cheap grunt with smg)  proved to be to much for the all CC army.

Thoughts on the game.
Lots of fun. Desert enviroment rules are brutal (level 6)
I had guys collapse (right when they disembark from my vermin to boot) other units fall into sinkholes.
funnest is seeing the slaughter master drop from the desert heat

I got really lucky if I was playing anything else philly list would be evil.
as it was I had units that can fire and move. With the ultra change I was able to really wear out his troops and my loads of grunts were able to claim the prize.

Also it was neat seeing how other people play the game. at maplewood we are use to playing one way while others have slightly different take.

Philly thanks for coming down to jersey
hope you had fun, and that I see you and the rest of gang down the road one day.

hopefully he'll post and share his thoughts on the game
and ways I can make running games of warzone at maplewood better.

On one side Dark Legion.
An army of monsters, fanatic cultist and things better left unsaid.
With an Unholy cry to their dark masters they march foward.

The other side. The harden road warriors of Barter Town.
Tempered by the harsh realities of Dark Eden.
Led by Lord Humungus.
On bikes and battered trucks they ride.

in the center what's left of the CSC RONWELL. The ship split in half from the crash.
everyone dead or dying....except one.

The battle raged. Bikers surged forward cutting down everything in their way, man and monster alike.
        Agents of evil appeared out of nowhere. Dripping red with blood from the carnage they caused.
     For hours they fought but in the end it was the guns and will of the men from Barter Town that won. What they didn't kill fled to what ever dark hole they came from.

They began to loot the wreak ship when one of the men called out to Lord Humungus that found something of interest. This part of wreck was an intact section of several a joining rooms.
he  pointed to one with its door ajar.
                 "that one Lord Humungus."

Lord Humungus step up and open the door. Inside, in the center of tossed remains of the room was little dark skinned Girl unhurt and un-phased  by the day's events. Humungus first thought was she make fine trade...after the men were done with her ( he almost giggled to himself ). Reaching in to claim her as his he made eye contact...he stop moving... "why am I stopping"..those eyes..."who is this whore!!" he yelled , everyone around him stopping in their tracks.
    "Help me out here." the little girl said in a little girl voice.
Lord Humungus did as he was  told, pick her up as gentle as he could...it was those eyes...he had no choice. in those eyes lay the fate of everything. He felt it in his bones, though her laid his destiny and more.
                       "You ask me who I 'am"
                           "I'll tell you. I'm the one who would change the face of EDEN!"
                                  " Take me to my new home."
      no one  questioned her, why should they. This was heavens gift to the earth alone. With out it being said They all knew it. There was no dout. just being close to her some thing was different that no one could put their finger on. Maybe it's something in the air around her..maybe it was them. being near her makes them a little different soemhow.

The men of Barter Town plus one girl rode back home
                                      and nothing will ever be the same again. 

.....it would be a few years but road warriors would come to  call her
                                                        Auntie.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 09:25:58 AM by masherking »

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2006, 04:55:50 AM »
Yep... I headed up to Maplewood. I figured that Id play a few games, have some fun and try out a new force comp all in one swoop.

Everything was going great, we decided on 1000points instead of 750 < more units is better right?>, we set up the table and then my heart sank.

Masher had come to the battle with VEHICLES!!!!! HOW DARE HE!!!!! HOW DARE HE RUIN MY FUN OF AN ALMOST ALL CC BATTLE!!!!!! ;D < Theres nothing worse than seeing vehicles when you brought almost no shooters  ???> Note to self, Karnophages dont like HMGs

The scenario was a great idea! Level 6 desert is no joke!  I had a blast. There is nothing like seeing a squad collapse from the heat upon deploying from a transport or a squad fall along with most of another squad into a desert sinkhole or even an Ezoghoul succumb to the desert while in CC with a vehicle and be -4 to CC.

Tho Im not the story teller Masher is I had a blast and highly recommend to anyone that is able to,  go up to Maplewood for a few games. The people are great and the gaming is incredible.

This I swear, I will exact vengence for my bullet riddled Karnos and my heat exhausted Slaughtermaster if its the last thing I do!!!!!!!
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2006, 01:40:05 PM »
Well it Finally happens
          THE RESCUE OF AGENT NICK MICHEALS:

players
JIbba: Corba loads and loads of free marines
           squad of Assualt marines and Assualt Captian (Destro)

Masherking: 4 units Cartel security Police
                    Mishima Doomtroopers
                   1 unit of agents

points 750pts
terrain:
doom tiles (spacehulk like board)

special rules: cohernce wasnt inforced, and no paradeploy (indoors), one action to open doors.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nick Michels was laying in his cell recovering from his latest visit with Brother Coins  when an explosion knocked him off the cold slab he gets to call a bed. Just as he was gathering his wits his cell door opens. Taking a second for to his eyes to adjust, a silhouette of a cartel security police sergeant came into view.
         " No time to be on your ass sir!!
             your in a middle of rescue and we need to move NOW!!"

With a smug grin on Nicks face.
                 " Hell Sergeant what took you so long"

bravo team is down this hallway, my men will stay and guard the rear.
Wasting no time Michael ran meeting up with bravo team. He had all of a second to notice the scores of dead cobra guards
                       ...." damn must been one hell of a fight"
                                     "say something sir..."

"no lets keep moving"

From what nick could see this had to be the smoothest operation he was ever a part of, that is until they meet up with team Charlie. Just as Bravo and nick round the corner Charlie was in fire fight with Iron Grenadiers, Destros elites and behind them was Destro himself. but all wasn't lost, like living shadows Mishima Doomtroopers appeared. Looking like the tide has turned Charlie team rallied and really began to "turn the screws" on so called Cobra elites. That's is until Destro made his move.              
            Unloading his rifle into the one of the doomtroopers with uncanny aim  the trooper was dead before hitting the ground. Knowing that grenadiers just need to hold them long enough for back up. Nick knew he had to end this fight now. Seeing his chance he took it, to the shock of Bravo team he ran forward ignoring the cross fire and charged Destro. They exchanged blows. for every hit landed Destro took and return in kind. With the steam from nick's charge worn out, Destro pressed the advantage.
              Just as he was swinging nick around in a arm lock and bringing a pistol to his head the last of the iron grenadiers fell its body riddled with bullets. Stepping forward with the barrel still smoking was a Mishima Doomtrooper marksman.
            "Take one more step add its bye bye Agent Micheals"
                         " shoot... shoot him don't let destro get away"

"Your bravado will make a fine scene in a movie someday but..."
                                 -sound of heavy machine gun fire-
                        "..never...take??"
                                   -more machine gun fire-
                           "chance of...hitting...
                                                    you?."
Nick fell forward hard! the shot in the arm spinning him out Destro grasp. Destro slumps against the wall, the holes in his chest leaving fresh red blood on the white paint as he slides down. The Doomtrooper rushed forward and threw Nick over his shoulder with one arm and keeping steady the HMG with the other he then quickly turned to meet up with the others. As they where leaving nick looked up..Destro's body was missing
                   "damn" was all Nick could say before passing out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok my plan was simiple (almost feel quilty about it.)
infiltrators  and loads of them. The ablitiy to cover most of the board at key points before jibba was able to was the plan.  One could almost imagine cartel infiltrators disguised as Corba guards, working their way though air ducts and maintance tunnels to conduct the mother of rescue missions. Plus Police smgs would be perfect in close quarter fighting.
backing them up was Mishiam doomtroopers. with fighting this close I need a HTH edge plus the HMG would come to good use. Lastly agents for quick moving back up.

Jibba's plan it seems was to tie me up with freedoom marines as the assualt marines come in to finish the job.
   not a bad plan but luckly my infiltrators thew a monkey wrench into that.

the board was set. Nick was in his cell at Jibbas side of the table.
within 2 turns I had a the Cartel Sarge free Nick and began to move him out.
Destro and his boys was to my left but would have few turns of movement before they became a issue. this allowed the Cartel police to work on the free marines and boy did they. It was a slaughter. where ever the marines moved there was squad police with their SMG screaming hot lead. when just about all free Marines were dead Destro and his elites finally make it to the fight
at first they were tough killing a cartel cop and a Doomtrooper (damn was looking forward to some HTH) but the tides changed quickly. Cops and agents droping just enough Assualt marines for Nick to make a run for destro. They go into HTH (but fails to hit ). right behind him though was the remaining doomtrooper. killing whats left of the assualt marines he turns to the Destro/Nick fight and at point blank range shot into HTH    wounding Nick once and wounding Destro twice.
and this point game over
Cartel wins.

Let me add my dice was hot and Jibbas dice were not. Dont think he made more then two AR saves the whole game.

all and all a quick fun bloody battle.
and NICK is BACK BABY YEAH!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

results of the battle
with a cartel win it means I get to field Nick anytime I damn well please
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 09:40:09 AM by masherking »

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2006, 01:41:07 PM »
THIS WAS WRITTEN BY JIBBA

The Ruins of Neo Jersey-- Mars.
8:30pm, local time.

Pvt. Tony Direlli of the AFC Heavy Infantry surveyed his location from the second floor of a ruined building.  The dust from the building and the countless battles that had taken place here couldn't quite cover up the colorful wallpaper from whatmust have been a nursery.  Below him in the street, a medical APC was loading the bodies of the dead, while off in the distance the pyres where they were buring the bodies of the Undead Legionnaires danced in the twilight.  Maria Del Torres was talking to the driver of the APC, a fresh bandage over her midriff where a Dark Legion round had penetrated her armor.  Tony had barely stopped shaking from the battle.  Capitol losses were heavy previous afternoon.  The Dark Legion presence was much stronger then expected, and the appearance of Preatorian Stalkers meant the Dark Legion must have known they were coming.  Unsubstantiated reports that Valpurgis himself was present were sketchy, as no body was recovered, yet Assault Marine Squad 5 and the pilot of the Great Grey both swore they had engaged him.

Tony took one last look at the expanse of ruins that now marked the once proud city of Neo Jersey.  It would be a long, hard road to bring it back under Capitol control, and this was but the first step.

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2006, 01:41:41 PM »
The Director of Division 6 is Standing in front of the holocast(tm) images the Cartel ruling Committee.
         "Report Director. Tell us how we're going to root out Cobra?"
                The Director's response was cool and to the point
        "It is true the successful rescue of Agent Michael's has forced the terrorist back into hiding. Worst yet our informants have told us their working on a new Super Weapon."     
           "But Gentlemen and Ladies I put before you Operation: Bishop."
            "The one good thing out of  Agent Michael incarceration is confirmation of a Rouge Brotherhood fraction that has allied itself with Cobra. We believe finding them would led us to
the snakes."
            one of floating images spoke.
               "but Director if you have difficultly hunting down Cobra what's to say you'll have better luck tracking down a Rouge Brotherhood organization."
                 the Director pressed a button on his conference desk, a new holo image of a pale faced man in brotherhood robes materialized .
                 "We have a lead. This is an image of Brother Coins who led the torture of Agent Michael's during his unpleasant stay at cobra base. He runs a Privately funded Missionary on Earth outside a settlement called Barter town. With the fall of Cobra base he was track retreating there "
                 "Operation: Bishop sets up long term surveillance and eventual raid into Missionary compound with intent to capture Coins. I just need your permission to go ahead sirs"
                        The Holo-images turned off and reappeared ten minutes later.
                     "Permission granted"

after the meeting The director called Agent Michael.
          "Operation: Bishop is a go."
          Michael's response. "time for pay back!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The fight moves to Dark Eden.
Details soon to follow

But Cobra gets to earn a new prize soon : The ability to field a brotherhood character in their normal army list.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 06:00:12 AM by masherking »

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2007, 04:31:04 AM »
NINJA ESCAPE!!! FROM THE DREAD SHIP AZOGHAR

Necromutant Captain of AZOGHAR  yelled from his command chair.
 "CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT IN SWEET HELL'S NAME IS GOING ON"
The eyeless legion tech. tangled in various wires with cables running in and though its body hissed back an  answer.
"an A.I. is attempting to take control of ship systems. We have isolated it and attempting to purge it as I speak. For now it has control of the hanger bay and lower floors."
        ".....it calls itself TEN...what odd little name"
The Captain though clentch teeth speaks. "Dont gave a Bhalaeron Balls DAMN whats its name is. A.I.s dont just pop out of no where. There most be intruders on the ship sent out search parties. FIND THEM!!"
                     ..................................................................................
The mission commander Mamoru Oshii stood in front of the 2 Ninjas, handing each a Data disk.
   Oshii spoke, "you understand what you have to do. We will buy the time you need." 
As the Ninjas disappered into the shadows Oshii turned to his remaining warriors. the inner lights from his Tiger dragon armor  and the soft glow of his powered Duskdealer made him look as somekinda of oni out of legend.
      " We final move to confront our enemy."
               "Today honor awaits us"
with that the mission commander, Tiger Dragon Mamoru Oshii, laid out the plans for a glorious, honorable death.
*****************************************************************************************************************************
Mishima team has been hiding aboard the AZOGHAR all this time gathering intell.
unable to hide any longer on the vast ship the team mounts a daring plan. Waiting for the ship get in fighter range of Mishima friendly planet the team released a modified Cybertronic A.I. in hopes it spread havoc on the ship. Mamoru Oshii will destroy the ships manual targeting controls at same time provide a distraction so the 2 ninjas can escape aboard a capture fighter and report the teams findings.
Oshii knows this a suicide mission but this has the most chance of success.

Players Jibba's Mishima army
            Dragons Dark Legion army of Monsters.

Terrain: on board the ship. Using legion of steel tiles. various entrances along the side  with 3 different targeting computers as objectives.

Mishima starts at one end of the map.
Dark legion starts with half his forces on the map.

every turn one unit of dark legion enters the board.
no para-deploy and Mishima gets up to 2 units that can be set up using infiltrate.
Dark legion can have up to 3 units that set up using infiltrate. 

A.I. can on jibba's turn open or close any door on the board.

Here it is
Share what you think of it
man its late and I'm bone tired..took a damn long to write this for some reason

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2007, 04:34:37 AM »
ok long last here it is the results of:
                                "NINJA ESCAPE!!! FROM THE DREAD SHIP AZOGHAR"

As the AZOHGAR is flying pass Venus hunting its shipping lanes

The Ninjas worked their way into the Hanger with a skill that only desperate men with a life time of training can muster. The A.I. TEN sealing the doors behind them. All the while valiant men are holding back the forces of darkness buying them the time they needed.

In the lower levels of Battleship of AZHOGAR.
         Mamoru Oshii  was bleeding out from a dozen wounds, his breathing labored. His men were dead or dying, their pooling blood making his feet stick to the ground.
        Hungry eyes of evil surrounded him.
                all was lost
                he was the last.
      Mamoru Oshii , tiger dragon, 15 yrs in the honorable service to Mishima drew a deep breath and Charged forward. His last breath a defiant yell. Mamoru Oshii dies standing on his feet, claws tearing away his armor Fangs biting into his flesh, his last thoughts were of a Venusian sunrise, Cherry blossoms in bloom.
    Well Phill (dragon) and Jibba had their battle and what a bloody afair it was.
Jibba had 3 objectives to destroy on a huge Legion of Steel board (space hulk). Though he tried his best
Phill gave nothing up makeing just about every important roll he needed to make. I'll leave it for them to fill in highligts. None of the objectives was reached.

Well what does this mean? Faliure to reach any of the objectives means that none of the ninjas make it back to Mishima with the data disk. 
one is so much space junk and the other crash lands in venus jungles. 

On the bridge of AZOHGAR the necromutant techie told the Captain that the Rouge A.I. allowed two fighters to launch from the ships hanger bays.
      " Are our weapons still on-line"
    "yes Captain"
        "THEN FIRE...EVERYTHING"

the Ninjas never made it far. One was caught dead on, its explosion masking the hard turn of the surviving fighter. Yet still it wasn't enough. its left wing was shredded and was down to one engine.
the Ninja onboard prepared for a very, very hard landing.

"Captain enemy ships are tracking us and the A.I. is still lose in our systems"
   "NO Need to push our luck...set course for base"
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Venusian Jungle:

The crash left a 1/2 mile long gash on the Jungle floor small fires still burning from the impact.
The Ninja crawled 11 1/2 feet before succumbing to his wounds.
                   That night.
            "Unit 5 reporting"
            "we've located the crash what are orders?"

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2009, 12:19:55 PM »
bump