Author Topic: Cerulean Mists bits  (Read 10073 times)

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Cerulean Mists bits
« on: September 26, 2005, 06:29:38 AM »
I for one, am thinkin' Thom's a genius for postin' the Revised Flying Rules for us.  What better way to iron out the kinks before it eventually goes to press, even if it means seeing it a little at a time before the whole thing goes to press?  I think it will save a lot of headaches later if everyone on this forum works to test the rules, makes sure they're clearly presented and that the t's are crossed and the i's dotted.  'Gives ya a warm fuzzy feelin' when Excelsior utilizes all the eyes (and brain activity) on this forum.  Kudos, and cheers.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Steel Rabbit

• On A Roll Games
Re: Cerulean Mists bits
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 09:42:22 AM »
Previews are also a good idea so that it gets the people excited about the forthcoming product. I for one think the flying rules are genius (sp?).

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 10:23:02 AM »
Exactly.  A preview, but with the option of giving instant feedback, thus altering it before press time.  I know other game systems have something like "the living rules", which I think is what they have for the Mordheim game, but this seems like something altogether different. 

I think Thom should keep droppin' the revised rules on us, so we can all throw the tough questions at'em, and keep the new troops and stuff, and of course the fiction (which drives this game like crazy) for when it's released. 

Offline Morfdoggs

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 01:12:15 PM »
I am super excited about the release of CM. The new flying rules are totally awsome, the Demon wings for Devout will be used so much more now with the swoop attack that will maake them kick much butt.
Happiness is like peeing yourself, everyone can see it but only u can feel its warmth!

Offline Alxbates

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 04:45:15 PM »
Yep.  Sure makes for interesting reading.

-Alex
Wan Chew Tree Faw!

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 01:08:09 AM »
Morf, Alex don't be too excited. Give the rules a go and try to poke holes in them and come up with questions and problems. The playtesters have gone over it once and I can see quite a few changes in the rules posted here compared to the first version. But that does not mean we've found everything so please take a look.

Offline Nikodemus

• Journeyman
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2005, 01:26:07 AM »
Having seen these new rules for flyers, I have to say I am also very excited about the new book...
Reading the table of contents that was posted once, the mix of altered and new rules/units seems very promising...  ;D

Is the book in the final stages or is still heavy playtesting required???

Thanx,

Marc

Offline Alxbates

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2005, 02:17:29 AM »
Morf, Alex don't be too excited.

And here I thought I was being rather restrained...    ;D  I hear what you're saying, though.

Until I see something in print, I assume it's still in "playtest" mode.

-Alex
Wan Chew Tree Faw!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2005, 05:07:28 AM »
Coil is right.  Everybody should be poppin' the clutch into high gear on testing these out! 

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2005, 06:15:59 AM »
Is the book in the final stages or is still heavy playtesting required???
I think it is up to Thom to answer those questions. We playtesters should neither discuss the content of the playtest nor the progress in public,  unless Thom says it is ok to do so.

That said, I think that in general if going through it one more time can reduce the number of FAQ issues later it is time well spent.

/Andreas

Offline Nikodemus

• Journeyman
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2005, 06:22:34 AM »

That said, I think that in general if going through it one more time can reduce the number of FAQ issues later it is time well spent.

/Andreas

Very true...

Thanks for your answer, it will be worth the wait....

lancekilljoy

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2005, 09:12:02 AM »
please don't kill me if this has already been stated  :-[ :P but when is CM scheduled to come out? is there a schedule for release? i have been seeing little bits and pieces here and there and am really looking forward to the final product...

Offline T Prime

• Big Kahuna, Chairman of the Board
  • Administrator
  • Member Prime
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2005, 09:15:41 AM »
The rules and sections in CM are in final playtests now. However, having a nuance or phrasing issue  brought out is good. Playtesting is often a broad brush and sometimes a perspective that saw nothing prior to it will be helpful. So its good to point things out or ask for further clarification. It means I get to tighten it up as best as possible. Please continue. As for the specific new question, I will address that in a new post.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
Excelsior!!