Author Topic: Mounted Hussars  (Read 13004 times)

Iron Panda

Re: Mounted Hussars
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2006, 07:03:12 PM »
Perhaps we should have a jousting match.

Dude,

You have some cool, weird ideas!  We got to work out sometime a jousting scenario when we get our stuff together.  Just mounts and no infantry duking it out in the Venusian Jungles.

his new car is now 77% pewter with a fine coat of white primer...no  really its

So that's explains the white streak racing past me on the Parkway!!!  I've also noticed a crudely drawn logo of COBRA on the sides as well. 

Iron Panda

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2006, 07:39:17 PM »
quote]Page 40: Mounted Troops and Actions
Q: Can a mounted trooper have the mount move and then the rider shoot, like a multi-crewed vehicle?

A: Under normal conditions, if a mount makes a move action, the rider is assumed to be controlling/steering it and thus uses an action as well. A rider may not normally fire while its mount moves.

Hmm, 

I've checked the FAQs regarding mounted units and discovered that under the rule, A Mounted Hussar can't use his pistol while the raptor is moving. Taking this into consideration,  how can he optimize his firepower?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 07:57:21 PM by Iron Panda »

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2006, 05:13:56 AM »
Curses!!!

Oh well, it was a fun dream while it lasted.

However, if the Mount makes a CC or Charge attack, can the rider fire his pistol?
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2006, 05:52:37 AM »
Curses!!!

Oh well, it was a fun dream while it lasted.

However, if the Mount makes a CC or Charge attack, can the rider fire his pistol?

I would think so. If the pistol has cc score (I believe they all do) I wouldnt see why not. Plus I think some weapons use the mounts strength for damage. 
Sadly mounts dont work like they do in Chronopia.  I wonder why the change (maybe to make them different from vehicles rules wise??).

quote]Page 40: Mounted Troops and Actions
Q: Can a mounted trooper have the mount move and then the rider shoot, like a multi-crewed vehicle?

A: Under normal conditions, if a mount makes a move action, the rider is assumed to be controlling/steering it and thus uses an action as well. A rider may not normally fire while its mount moves.

Hmm,

I've checked the FAQs regarding mounted units and discovered that under the rule, A Mounted Hussar can't use his pistol while the raptor is moving. Taking this into consideration, how can he optimize his firepower?

Thanks!

I've never used mounts in warzone so I'm taking a shot in the dark.
A. I would use the mounts movement to steer clear of overwhelming firepower or other dangers trying to close in on them.
B.Use the mounts to attack weaker units , your movement would most likely be much higher making them trying to get away impossible. 
c. use your better movement to attack a unit from behind (where waits cant be used)
d. "Stop gap" unit,  rush them in where you want them. This might cost you the mounts but it could win you the  game.  use them to hold back a nasty unit ( it could buy a turn or 2) while the rest of the army gets into position.
this woudl work best ifs a squad of mounts not just a individual.
4. flaking unit
5. Assassin. Find that annoying force commander, rush in before anyone can stop you and take him out.

remember a mounts strengths are its speed, its charge attack and freedom to break away from HTH combat(most times :P)

These off the top of my head is what I would try to use the mounts for.
  ...again I never used them in warzone so I could be all wrong. :P
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2006, 07:05:21 AM »
Dude,

You have some cool, weird ideas! We got to work out sometime a jousting scenario when we get our stuff together. Just mounts and no infantry duking it out in the Venusian Jungles.

gotta admit that sounds damn kool.
I would love to see that happen.
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline mchiao

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2006, 07:29:16 AM »
So, 1000 point of Mounted Hussars vs. 1000 pt of Dragon Riders vs. 1000pt Faceless vs. 1000 pt Dogs vs. 1000 pt kids?

Dude,

You have some cool, weird ideas! We got to work out sometime a jousting scenario when we get our stuff together. Just mounts and no infantry duking it out in the Venusian Jungles.

gotta admit that sounds damn kool.
I would love to see that happen.

Iron Panda

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2006, 04:20:36 PM »
So, 1000 point of Mounted Hussars vs. 1000 pt of Dragon Riders vs. 1000pt Faceless vs. 1000 pt Dogs vs. 1000 pt kids?

Drool.

Gotta love the sheer madness of it all! 

Iron Panda

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2006, 04:26:28 PM »
I've never used mounts in warzone so I'm taking a shot in the dark.
A. I would use the mounts movement to steer clear of overwhelming firepower or other dangers trying to close in on them.
B.Use the mounts to attack weaker units , your movement would most likely be much higher making them trying to get away impossible. 
c. use your better movement to attack a unit from behind (where waits cant be used)
d. "Stop gap" unit,  rush them in where you want them. This might cost you the mounts but it could win you the  game.  use them to hold back a nasty unit ( it could buy a turn or 2) while the rest of the army gets into position.
this woudl work best ifs a squad of mounts not just a individual.
4. flaking unit
5. Assassin. Find that annoying force commander, rush in before anyone can stop you and take him out.

remember a mounts strengths are its speed, its charge attack and freedom to break away from HTH combat(most times )

These off the top of my head is what I would try to use the mounts for.

Thanks, Steve!  It's pretty sound and I can't wait to give them a try!

...again I never used them in warzone so I could be all wrong.

One way to find out.  "breaks open the packages of Mounted Rangers and starts washing them...  ADD kicks in.  Grabs car keys and heads off to get an Italian Ice."