Author Topic: Coral Beach  (Read 19622 times)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: Coral Beach
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2008, 06:37:07 AM »
My cardinals where my mouth is:

VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2008, 03:00:35 AM »
 :o you are doing coral beaches?

aww... i want one..  (maybe next time ;))
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2008, 05:58:32 AM »
So until I have a looooong talk with Prime about it, here is a re-vamped CB based on what I see compared to most other heroes out there.

Coral Beach
   Individual general officer, limit 1 per army, mortal.

CC-8 RC-10 PW-3 LD-14 AC-3 WD-3 ST-5 MV-3 AR-21 SZ-2 PC-56

Equipment: 2 P-1000 Machine Pistols, Pin-Point Weapon Enhancement, Smoke Grenades, Environment Suit
  Special Abilities: Gunslinger, Inspiration 2 (Chausseurs Only), Secondary Attack.
  Special Rules: Level 2 A.I., Must have 1 squad of chasseurs to use him.

By and large, Dragon's version is pretty cool and has been re-used with minimal changes (though necessary to bring him in line with some other heroes out there).  CB is supposed to be a monster in CQB and pending the discussion with Prime on the Gunfighter power/ability, he might get that instead of Secondary Attack.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 06:01:19 AM by Archer »
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2008, 05:12:43 PM »
Coral beach needs to have a higher RC based on the other Cybertronic Individuals. The Chasseur Captain has RC 10, Vince Diamond has RC 11 and Cyril Dent has RC 12. Also I agree with him having Gunfighter which is why i said secondary attack was also for RC. ;D
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2008, 05:46:19 PM »
Coral beach needs to have a higher RC based on the other Cybertronic Individuals. The Chasseur Captain has RC 10, Vince Diamond has RC 11 and Cyril Dent has RC 12. Also I agree with him having Gunfighter which is why i said secondary attack was also for RC. ;D

I was thinking about that.  With an increase in RC and the Gunfighter skill (if vetted), he's be an expensive field- more than Vince.

Right now- He's as good as a Chass Captain- with a little more talents than the average one.... and with Machine Pistols to boot. :)  If you get a chance, give this statline a test in a few games and let me know while I attempt to contact Prime.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2008, 06:26:15 PM »
So until I have a looooong talk with Prime about it, here is a re-vamped CB based on what I see compared to most other heroes out there.

Coral Beach
   Individual general officer, limit 1 per army, mortal.

CC-8 RC-10 PW-3 LD-14 AC-3 WD-3 ST-5 MV-3 AR-21 SZ-2 PC-56

Equipment: 2 P-1000 Machine Pistols, Pin-Point Weapon Enhancement, Smoke Grenades, Environment Suit
  Special Abilities: Gunslinger, Inspiration 2 (Chausseurs Only), Secondary Attack.
  Special Rules: Level 2 A.I., Must have 1 squad of chasseurs to use him.

By and large, Dragon's version is pretty cool and has been re-used with minimal changes (though necessary to bring him in line with some other heroes out there).  CB is supposed to be a monster in CQB and pending the discussion with Prime on the Gunfighter power/ability, he might get that instead of Secondary Attack.

Which is he - squad-linked, or individual general office, limit 1 per army?  He'd be the only model in the book to be both, and the chasseurs already have a Captain.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2008, 06:57:41 PM »
This is a carry-over from 1st edition. He is a General Officer but needs a squad to be used. Some of the characters from earlier editions reqired squads to be used. It's more of a fluff thing and by no way unbalancing. So He's a Squad linked General Officer ;) I have used him twice at RC 12 and in both games he was fun but not a factor in the game at all, even with multible shots my opponents made most of there armor saves.   ;D ;D
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2008, 07:02:26 PM »
I've kinda considered Coral as the Cybertronic version of an Executioner and the squad as his Legates.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890