Author Topic: Coral Beach  (Read 19368 times)

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Coral Beach
« on: July 19, 2006, 03:53:58 PM »
Coral Beach is a missing Cybertronic Individual I'd like to see in the game. Remember this is not official.

Coral Beach
   Individual general officer, limit 1 per army, mortal.

CC-8 RC-12 PW-3 LD-14 AC-3 WD-3 ST-5 MV-3 AR-21 SZ-2 PC-53

Equipment: 2 P-1000 Machine Pistols, Pin-Point Weapon Enhancement (Deadshot), Smoke Grenades, Environment Suit

Special Abilities: Gunslinger, Inspiration 2 (Chausseurs Only), Secondary Attack (Also RC Attack).

Special Rules: Level 2 A.I., Must have 1 squad of chasseurs to use him.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
Re: Coral Beach
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 05:00:27 AM »
This looks like a pretty good charater
           ..at first glace the point cost seem to be on target also.

Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 02:19:57 PM »
JUst Bumped.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 02:24:12 PM »
Dang I thought you meant you had a pic of your Coral Beach proxy here. Love the stats and such though. I especially like that he is a squad linked individual as you have to have Chassuers to field him
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 12:34:23 PM »
Great.  Another Cybertronic fig I need to proxy.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 06:28:13 PM »
Great.  Another Cybertronic fig I need to proxy.

Interested in your take on the fig
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 06:33:10 PM »
should be another high-quality fig...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 10:20:01 AM »
Your shock Trooper idea had merit.  I'd need a couple for the hands.  From there, not sure but I'd probably do some sort of head swap then take a stab at the robe although it's not completely necessary.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 10:45:44 AM »
As soon as my home computer is back up and working i'll post a picture of the 1 I made.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 04:11:04 PM »
I'd love to see it!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 05:52:28 PM »
Your shock Trooper idea had merit.  I'd need a couple for the hands.  From there, not sure but I'd probably do some sort of head swap then take a stab at the robe although it's not completely necessary.

IIRC some of the Shock Troopers have a pistol in their right hand and some in left, correct? If not then I'll have to mod a pistol in the off hand. The head is easy. I still have an old Space Marine head with a similar face plate. As for the robe - I'd use one of the new Dark Angels w/tabard and hood bodies if I went that route. I'm more likely to go with a Shock Trooper or a Chassuer Sgt as the base for the fig though.

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2007, 05:18:41 AM »
Yes 1 ST had a pistol in his right hand and the other had it in the left.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2007, 01:45:20 PM »
I'll need to find just those figs somewhere-I am not a big fan of the Shock Troops otherwise and don't feel like buying a whole bunch.  On the other hand, if I get a full set I can do up that many more conversions.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2007, 05:02:42 PM »
I've rethought how to do this and I think the Landsraad leader from Cyclopes Forge (based off of the greens-not sure why there is not a picure) would be ideal.  Do a hand-swap with him and the shock troopers as previously discussed and you are in there.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2008, 03:41:38 PM »
The figure is about 75% done.  I should have a final product in the next couple of days.

Which reminds me...
[rant begins] So I finally started assembling my Landsraad troopers.  I already pinned some for Archer and discovered some problems with them which I had anticipated; the metal is brittle and there is a lot of flash.  I can live with brittle and flash.  Then I started on the Landraad Leaders.  First, the heads were really small (smaller than 25mm) but again, I'm converting half to Coral Beach figs so with the hood molded it wont show.  Then I took a closer look at the heads.  The [insert string of really, really dirty words-cuz I'm that angry] people who made the molds, put the seam where the two side of the mold for the head come together RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THE NORMAL HUMAN SIDE OF THE FACE!!!!  Then, because that isn't jacked up enough, the mold was off so there is a huge (for a face) misalignment so that the "normal" side of the face looks more cybered out than the cyber side of the face!  So now I have four heads that are useless.  Fortunately, due to my recent spate of cyber heads for conversions (Cancers, Surveilers, Combat Overseers) I have a surplus of heads and plenty of experience putting masks and the like on them.  Still, more work I have to do to make these freaking things serviceable.  Bear in mind, I don't blame Francesco for this-I blame the idiots who did the molding on his figs for him.  [rant ends]
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 03:47:59 PM by Veez »