Author Topic: Maplewood Throwdown!  (Read 58210 times)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: Maplewood Throwdown!
« Reply #105 on: November 07, 2006, 03:54:51 PM »
Well the big test for any of my armies if it can beat dave's army..sort a yard stick I measure by.
Now that Humongous has proven himself, the army will be painted and wait'n till next time when get to kick some cyber butt 8)

I am, truly, honored to be held in such high regard.  Now, I put my ego on the line - are you refering to me as a good player, or as a cheesey player?  (Please, say, "good" - please, say, "good").

That said, masherking has beaten me several times in a row, including a game where he brought nothing but Cartel agents and Snipers against my force of three or four Vulkans and two Snipers.  He has beaten me with tactics, and denial of firepower.  Steve's armies are fun - designed with a sense of humor, but designed with a style of play, too.  It is he whom others should measuring themselves against, not me.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #106 on: November 07, 2006, 03:56:05 PM »
Although it might make the Unholy Carronade look a bit suspicious...  :o

Great, now I've got to witness someone slaughtering a pig just to get that visual outta my head - thanks Jib.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #107 on: November 07, 2006, 04:04:10 PM »
We could build an entire convention around it - Anyone ready for Clipper Con?   :D

I'm in!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #108 on: November 07, 2006, 04:15:25 PM »
Although it might make the Unholy Carronade look a bit suspicious...  :o

Great, now I've got to witness someone slaughtering a pig just to get that visual outta my head - thanks Jib.

I guess after the Con we can have a pig roast.  :D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #109 on: November 07, 2006, 04:46:53 PM »
Well the big test for any of my armies if it can beat dave's army..sort a yard stick I measure by.
Now that Humongous has proven himself, the army will be painted and wait'n till next time when get to kick some cyber butt 8)

I am, truly, honored to be held in such high regard.  Now, I put my ego on the line - are you refering to me as a good player, or as a cheesey player?  (Please, say, "good" - please, say, "good").

How about "Yes, depending on your mood?"  ;) ;)

That said, masherking has beaten me several times in a row, including a game where he brought nothing but Cartel agents and Snipers against my force of three or four Vulkans and two Snipers.  He has beaten me with tactics, and denial of firepower.  Steve's armies are fun - designed with a sense of humor, but designed with a style of play, too.  It is he whom others should measuring themselves against, not me.

I second that...  I build some really nice armies, proven forces that can do the job (usually) without gimmick/trick.  But Steve does field some awesome themed stuff that noone can really frown upon.

I never thought of a Mad Max list using Imperial untill he did it... and I can soooo see it since then.  The Mr Smith army was a gimme as a concept, with the possibility of an all-Agent force.  I look forward to the next incarnation of his mind.  Should be killer...
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2006, 06:52:00 AM »
Take my Children of Ilian army... PLEASE!

How many Bauhaus does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
2, One to screw it in, and the other to mount it on a Vulkan suit!

*Badum Ching*

I'll be here all week folks,

... try the potato salad.

"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2006, 08:47:05 AM »
I'am sorry i had to work saturday it sounds like you guys had a great time. I'll try to make the next gathering as long as i'am off.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #112 on: November 08, 2006, 03:15:07 PM »

*Badum Ching*

That's beautiful man!  Tap Jibba's karma a few times, folks!  ;D

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2006, 04:09:30 PM »
Take my Children of Ilian army... PLEASE!

Wrong!! Its only takes 1 and  it takes a Mcgee to mount it on a Vulkan!!!
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #114 on: November 08, 2006, 04:38:35 PM »
 ;D