Author Topic: Chronopia roleplay ideas  (Read 14861 times)

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Chronopia roleplay ideas
« on: September 19, 2005, 11:33:09 AM »
So yes we've discussed some ideas on the old forum, but now I wanted to drop some new ones.
We've all thought about using the TTG combat system and adding hit points.  Some had the idea to use the d20 hit roll,  vs. the opponent to add to a weapons damage, and come up with a number that way, as the Firstborn Earl does something similar now.  I have another idea.
The arms in Chronopia already have an appropriate number that goes against the armor of the model hit.  I would suggest that hand weapons do a d10 and two handed weapons do 2d6 against models that have hit points.  X2 weapons would get to throw twice.  No adding and mucky muck that permeates the popular RPG of the day.  A back to basics system would be cool. 
An option to parry might be cool too, where heroes can borrow an action from their next turn to parry a blow that landed.  All this of course is just daydreaming, but I really would like to see the RPG in this setting.  It's too good not to have one.  Yo.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline T Prime

• Big Kahuna, Chairman of the Board
  • Administrator
  • Member Prime
Re: Chronopia roleplay ideas
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 01:16:16 PM »
That is similar to where we are going. Hit Points (to use your word) is based on model wounds x a multiplier.  This way you can go back and forth from RPG to TTG.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
Excelsior!!

Offline Steel Rabbit

• On A Roll Games
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 08:07:43 PM »
Holy junk! Did Thom just say EE was working on a Chronopia RPG?! I thought it was just heresay! Are you gonna use the MC system?

Offline T Prime

• Big Kahuna, Chairman of the Board
  • Administrator
  • Member Prime
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 08:30:12 PM »
We were doing them both in tandem, primarily to bridge the gap between game styles. I have not had time to resume work on them in months as a few other projects require the time. Of course, the last two months have been dominated by webwork and streamling the games.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
Excelsior!!

Offline UrbanShocker

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 08:32:43 PM »
I think it's going to be a lot more based on the Chronopia/UWZ unit stat structure than it will be on the MC system. Though it will be cool if they kept it the charcter history generations system of the mc system.(who can't love a character generating system that may end up killing your charcacter.) Thom can fill us in more this if he is thinking of including something like this in the Rpg.

Offline Coki

• Chronopia World
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 09:26:52 PM »
A tip. Excelsior has for few years a interessting pdf on her second website (in the good old days from www.excelsior.cc  :o ). This pdf was the rpg stats from a firstborn crossbow. Here a link:

http://www.kerlin.de/chronopia/img/downloads/FB-Crossbowmen.pdf (Downloadsection http://www.kerlin.de/chronopia/ )

Coki

Offline Stygian Warrior

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 10:15:55 PM »
Well allright not only is the forum back but there is a rgp in the works.  ;DGlad to be back. Good idea josh did you run it by Dalton yet.
The hosts are glorious in slaughter.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2005, 05:57:17 AM »
And while we're at it, I would like to see more 3.5 D & D stats, like the Firstborn Crossbowman.  No reason we can't have multiple roleplaying stats for the same dark fantasy setting. 

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2005, 08:27:16 AM »
@UrbanShocker--what is the MC system yer referrin' ta?

Offline Coldthunder

• Excelsior Crusader Midwest Region
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2005, 11:51:08 AM »
MC ic short for Mutant Chronicles, a Sci-Fi RPG that is associated with WarZone miniture game. I can't be sure but I think Thom might still have some of the books.
A friend will bail you out of jail --
A good friend will be sitting right next to you saying "Damn that was Fun!!"

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2005, 06:09:08 PM »
The old Mutant Chronicles Role-Playing books make an excellent source for scenario ideas
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Steel Rabbit

• On A Roll Games
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2005, 10:50:04 PM »
Thom, when you come out with either of these RPGs you'd better have a pre-release thingy I can get on! RPGs are my weakness...That and kryptonite!

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2005, 10:55:35 PM »
you want to make your MC campaigns really dirty?  use the OG source, the Kult games.  that's some seriously f'd up stuff there.

I don't know any other game system where you really only start the story after you die.  and those are the saner stories.

-PFC joe
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

Offline DARNIZHAAN

• Castle Triskelion
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2005, 09:36:54 AM »
Wow, am I glad to hear this (about the rpg).  I have been looking forward to a long time, and have painted up all sorts of civilian type 'blackblood merchant' and 'firstborn peasant' types that will hopefully fit well.  Of course this could lead to a new set of minis so I would not have to proxy these things!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2005, 10:27:18 AM »
You nailed it Darnizhaan!  I have envisioned using the Chronopia backdrop for an upcoming 3.5 game, while patiently waiting for EE's own roleplaying system.  I know I would buy those minis just to have'em. 

As far as civilian types, could you imagine a Troll bartender?  Or a Blackblood establishment with the carpets, tiles, and hookah?