Author Topic: Where Vultures Dare  (Read 5897 times)

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Where Vultures Dare
« on: June 01, 2006, 09:29:04 AM »
'Just got done fighting a three game series in a series obviously entitiled "Where Vultures Dare."  The scenario is simple to set up on a 4' by 4' table and ran from 1200 points to 1500 and finally to 1625 between Vulture Clan Dwarves and Crystal Lotus Elves played by my friend Dalton.

The terrain and setup were what made this so fun.  I will post some photos tomorrow but give you the basics here.  The battle is one fought over a mesa top, with the ruined walls of a tower at either end.  Two triangles of the table are marked by one side each of the table edge and some ruined wall sections to indicate where the dropoff is from the top of the mesa.  Deployment essentially goes corner to corner where the ruins of the towers are, and we set up along the edge and up to a  line about 8 inches out.  The open air space was really fun because flyers could fly down below line of sight from the mesa top and move around to the back of table. 

Because much of the table is designated as sky or essentially long drop, most of the action was forced into a more tight battlefield--great for high point games where close combat is quick and savage.  I highly recommend the mesa top--I think you'd dig it.  Photos tomorrow.

Needless to say my Vultures took two out of three, and never before have I been so lucky with the firethrower and a small 4 man squad of Vulture Xbows who accounted for 81% of the kills.  Dalton did the math after that one.  Proxying for the Vulture Totems were plastic Vrocks from the D&D line.  Later y'all.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 09:43:09 AM by joshuaslater »
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
Re: Where Vultures Dare
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 09:47:18 AM »
Well one photo took to the original post showing the layout and deployment of the battlefield.   Sorry for the poor photo, but it should give some idea how tight a battlefield it was, and where the walls demarcate the steep dropoff/sky for the Vulture Totems or other flyers to descend below line of sight.  It really was an interesting board done with no special terrain y'all prolly don't have already.  Cheers.

Offline Morfdoggs

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 08:28:33 PM »
Man that was pretty neat. I give you kudos on that, and for still playin'. Just for that I am going to finish that conversion mini TONIGHT. I am off right now to paint it and will post a pic if I even have to use the scanner :'(.
Happiness is like peeing yourself, everyone can see it but only u can feel its warmth!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 08:11:36 AM »
I get at least one game of Chronopia a week, sometimes two!  Sure the prevailing winds are blowin' for other games, but this is the background and ruleset I love most, and with all those models still left to paint, well, why go with the newest when I can play this game.  Not having the models is a converter's/sculptor's dream!

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 01:59:11 PM »
Hi Joshua
 Any chance of more pictures and of your troops ?

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 06:41:28 AM »
Yes, but I'll have to learn the photobucket site for posting, or Coil will yell at me!!!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 05:22:30 PM »
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!