Author Topic: Dream Warriors  (Read 4546 times)

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Dream Warriors
« on: February 07, 2006, 05:47:54 AM »
Why aren't they steadfast, or immune to fear?  If they are classified as enchanted, being the quasi-real dream projection of a shriveled old Elf lotus junkie, what do they care about scary monsters or being cut down?  They'll just evaporate and come back later.  Thoughts?
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Anomander_Rake

• Fortune favours the brave
Re: Dream Warriors
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 05:50:23 AM »
I just read the stats and the description of the unit...your are right...they should be immune to nearly everything...
It's better to be silent and thought the fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

dagorauk

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 09:34:02 PM »
Yet...speaking individually...if you're astral projecting, it should seem as if you are THERE. Kinda like The Matrix....you know you're not there, but your mind tells you something else. It would explain why they would panic or be afraid.
I don't think they should be forced to rally if they fall below 1/2 the unit, but if a unit or spell creates a fear effect, let it stand.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 08:02:06 AM »
Dag- I have to agree with you.   I should have been able to draw upon my own extensive excursions into waking dream states to see that.  Cheers.

dagorauk

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 03:37:53 PM »
No problem. Not like I'm used to dream states, but forcing a 'ghost' unit to rally seems silly for losing numbers while giving the unit total protection from fear effects seemed too strong.
Game Law?

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 12:55:00 PM »
After vaporising most of'em with a Dwarven Firethrower last night I got to thinkin' that they have their own special bits with the practical immunity to missile fire and halving the CC bit.  Plus they hit hard.  I think game balance would be thrown off giving them immunity to panic or being steadfast, even if the points were upped.  Played correctly and with some good dice rolling, I think all in all they're fine as is.