Author Topic: UWZ/Chronopia Megabash  (Read 12993 times)

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
UWZ/Chronopia Megabash
« on: May 22, 2006, 09:24:43 AM »
Being how work and expense can interfere with one's hobbies...  Does anyone want to try a get together independant of a convention?

In discussing it with some of the local players here, we are thinking of putting together a UWZ And Chronopia Throw-down sometime in August or possibly September.

Figure folks chip in to rent a hotel conference room, we all bring some sort of terrain for use as well as playing surface (battlemats, table felt, etc) and we play all day.

Sit around, drink beer, eat pizza and throw dice all day long into the night...  And if its at a hotel, there is no need to drive home afterwards for the out of town crowd- at least for those who would have to go far.

How does this sound as a plan?  There are enough of us to have a go at this... and in the long run, a little cheaper.

Dodger is game, I know... and I imagine most of the Philly crowd would be too.  I already have at least one of the NYC players interested... (he never has time to play at the shows)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Wedge

Re: UWZ/Chronopia Megabash
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 12:19:25 PM »
It all depends on where, when and then of course the $.  You might get more takers if it done at a local game store and the locals pony up couches and floor space for the out of towners.

Cuz me... I have NO money to spend on these kinds of ventures--but a plane ticket and a couch is a different story.

Offline jjdodger

• Board Member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 12:50:04 PM »
I can at least offer a couch, and a lay-z-boy, and floor space. I *might* be able to aquire an air mattress as well, if needed. Depending on where we descide to do this, i *should* be within an hour or so of the locale.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 06:14:58 AM »
Dig it.  I've got room for one on my couch, and my Chrono opponent could probably put up two guests in South Philly.  Sounds like fun, but needs organization.   
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 06:49:14 AM »
Dig it.  I've got room for one on my couch, and my Chrono opponent could probably put up two guests in South Philly.  Sounds like fun, but needs organization.   

Indeed...  it does need some coordination.

As of right now, who's up for doing an August gathering?  To make a conference room at a hotel worthwhile, we will need about eight to ten players at the minimum- in order to make the cost relatively inexpensive.

Dodger- could you look into the Southern Exposure Hotel's rental cost for both hotel rooms and for a conference room?  I am thinking that room in the back that opens up onto the poolside deck for those smokers among us.

IIRC, that room was plenty large for a bunch of us to set up on the conference table and play.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 04:35:18 PM »
Im game. Count me in. Ill just need time to take the day or two off of work. Keep me updated!

Philly
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 03:55:43 AM »
Where are we looking at meeting (state-wise)?
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 09:22:44 AM »
Where are we looking at meeting (state-wise)?

At this point,  Southern NJ (near Philadelphia).  There is a large group of us in the Northern section of NJ and some in lower NY state and on Long Island.  I know the Philly group is pretty substantial too.

And Veez- if you are flying, Philly Airport is a breeze to get to for us and I have no problem picking you up.  If Dodger can get the price of the space for us, we can start planning this out a bit better.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 05:52:01 AM »
  Ok... it seems to be that getting a conference room large enough to host will not be hard.  A place on Route 1 where my D&D group gets one occasionally costs about 200 for the day.
  Its a faily substantial size too... and if we can get at least ten players, the chip-in would not be bad and very managable.

So far, its Me, dodger, Phillysniper, Joshuaslater and at least two folks I know not on the boards.  I imagine McGee is (am I right Jeff?).  We are a little over halfway to the minimum number I'd wanna try to do this for.

Anyone else?
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 07:54:56 AM »
Where on route 1 are you talking about ? As long as it's on the weekend i'd be interested. Just give me info and amount that way i can send $ and if something  interferes with me making it you wont be out the $. Thanks Phil
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 09:31:01 AM »
Where on route 1 are you talking about ? As long as it's on the weekend i'd be interested. Just give me info and amount that way i can send $ and if something  interferes with me making it you wont be out the $. Thanks Phil

The place I am thinking of is north of the Princeton Market-Faire Mall.  I think its a Marriot Courtyard.  Jeff is looking into the Southern Exposure hotel as its close to Philly and also has alot of restaurants in the area (thought the hotel retaurant does make decent (if pricy) food.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2006, 11:42:45 AM »
Are we thinkin' a one day bash?   Or two?  My crew will bring enough Chronopia armies that others can play even if they don't bring'em.  We're not Warzone players.  It would also be cool to compile all the info on who's coming, what armies they want to play, and matching up accordingly.  The usual 1000 point thing is cool, but I bet other numbers could be thrown around.  We plan on bringing two grass mats, one desert, and a whole bunch of terrain.  Looking forward to coordinating this thing.  Maybe we can get the EE staff to roll out for this too, depending on how convincing we are.  Cheers.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2006, 11:21:46 AM »
I'd like to see Thom and company come out for the day to have a hassle free (no questions about EE ) day to have fun playing miniatures with people that would just like to see old friends. Count me in for the event and i hope to see everyone from are past tourneys. Thanks Phil
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2006, 03:14:10 AM »
I'd like to see Thom and company come out for the day to have a hassle free (no questions about EE ) day to have fun playing miniatures with people that would just like to see old friends. Count me in for the event and i hope to see everyone from are past tourneys. Thanks Phil

So would I, Phil.

I hope everyone in the local area can make Dex- I'd like to see one final blowout tourney.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2006, 10:23:42 PM »
What do you mean by final? ??? As long as we all keep playing the games will never end.  Topkick, Southpaw, ColdThunderD, Sylvas, myself, and others who are not on these boards plan on running events at Origins every year from now until we are unable too.
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.