Author Topic: MC Movie-How Should It Start  (Read 6011 times)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
MC Movie-How Should It Start
« on: April 28, 2006, 04:25:03 AM »
Ignoring reality and how they are going to do the movie, if they were doing one truer to the MC universe, how would you like to see it start?

Ex.  I'd like it to start as the RPG does, with a narrator explaining the basics with scenes depicting the exodus, the four corps, the coming of the darkness, etc.  The scenes should not be more than 2-5 seconds, enough to get the picture (kind of like the start of Serenity) but not drag down the moment.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: MC Movie-How Should It Start
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 06:36:07 AM »
They should  include the fluff about how the guy gave up his seat on the spaceship to stay with his love and it turned out that she had lied and was onboard. I've always assumed she was his alternate, found out that if he stayed she could go and used love to get his seat on the bus. Classic.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline ezekiel

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 09:42:57 AM »
maybe show a bit about the exodus from the bauhaus standpoint. y'know sons of rasputin holdin' down the fort?or maybe just  save the whole tribes of earth thing for a possible sequel?
games workshop: the ultimate evil megacorp!

Offline Christof

• Linia Frontu
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 06:06:49 AM »
They should  include the fluff about how the guy gave up his seat on the spaceship to stay with his love and it turned out that she had lied and was onboard. I've always assumed she was his alternate, found out that if he stayed she could go and used love to get his seat on the bus. Classic.

It's one of my favourite fluff stories.
LINIA FRONTU - Ultimate Warzone Website
my wargaming blog

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 02:49:45 PM »
they oughta skip the fluff narration entirely and tell the story of the first invasion of the Dark legion, with a suitable leadup.  in an Ideal world, it'd be rather inclusive, kinda like the eighteen hour Dune movie.

-PFC joe
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

Offline ezekiel

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 07:35:19 PM »
how about imperial finding the monolith? id love to be an extra in a movie and be able to see myself get dispatched in a rather unpleasant way and say"hey! that was me that got offed at the beginning!" i play imperials so that would be sweet for me!
games workshop: the ultimate evil megacorp!

Offline chribu

• Keeping track of all the answers
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 05:19:12 AM »
maybe they could use some bits of "2001: A Space Odyssey" for the monolith  ;D ;D
just kidding  ;)