Author Topic: Why?  (Read 12758 times)

dagorauk

Why?
« on: March 28, 2006, 10:54:10 PM »
My advertisement for Chronopia miniatures was removed from the Trading Post. Why did this happen?

Offline Slappy

• Journeyman
Re: Why?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 11:07:28 PM »
Did you offer something for sale in it?

dagorauk

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 12:05:33 AM »
I didn't say they were for sale. I simply listed what I had and that I didn't want my minis anymore. Basically I was looking for interested parties and would then decide how to get rid of them (my minis).

Offline Slappy

• Journeyman
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 12:55:01 AM »
Well then, they were for sale, more or less.

Although, I think it's stupid.  EE is out of business.  It doesn't matter whether we sell here or not.  Keep in mind, I am not selling any of my stuff, but I think it's stupid others can't.

However, it's Thom's orders we don't sell here and I am sure he has a good reason.   ::)

dagorauk

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 06:27:03 AM »
*DEROGATORY COMMENT REMOVED BY MODERATOR WEDGE*

I didn't put prices on them, so I think it's unfair to label what I said as being a "sale". It's even more frustrating that the mods just up and Gestapo-ed my topic without giving me notice why.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 11:57:46 AM by Wedge »

Wedge

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 11:56:56 AM »
Dagorauk,

Please refer to my post on Trading v. Selling in the announcements section.

Giving your miniatures away is technically NOT trading.  It's also technically NOT selling unless you are charging the new owner with postage.  However, without getting into semantics, I removed it because you were not 100% clear in your post if money was involved.  You are allowed to post miniatures for trade on this forum and for trade only--whether or not you or anyone else thinks it is stupid is irrelevant.  I am here to enforce the rules; please respect my job and the rules.

In the future, it would be greatly appreciated (and considered professional) if you refrain from referring to the moderator staff as Nazi Polizei.  I find that comment offensive.  I have also removed your derogatory comment about the forum's policies.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 11:59:08 AM by Wedge »

dagorauk

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 09:40:01 PM »
*deleted*
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 09:06:44 PM by dagorauk »

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 09:56:56 PM »
-scratches head-

-reads again-

-scratches head again-
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 04:29:08 AM »
uh...why not?
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 05:54:28 AM »
Wedge, I've told you before, this "Tow the company's line" bull is what killed them. Just because I didn't say "for trade" I get modded. Gestapo Gestapo GESTAPO. It's bull. Do you get off by having power or something? Would it make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside if I went back and posted that list again with trade in bolded and capped letters? It's crap like this that kills the forums.

I hate to state the obvious, but here it goes. Its attitudes like that that kills forums, companies and many other things that exist. Rules are in place for the benefit of EVERYONE. Tho I may not always agree with the way the MODs do their jobs, it IS their jobs to monitor and police the forms to make sure the rules and the spirit of the owner are followed.

Thom is generous enough to allow the use of the forums even tho he gets nothing out of it. Running a business is no easy task when everything goes smoothly. WHen you add in other serious difficulties, it becomes a monumental task. You obviously enjoy the game or you wouldnt be trying to acquire new pieces to continue to play. So in the spirit of the game and basic humanity can we cut the bashing and name calling and insinuations and attempt to keep together a really great game?

One of the benefits of the world and the internet is that, If you dont like the policies that are in effect, there is always someplace else you can go. And before you ask, No I dont work for the company, No I am not a Mod, No im not a friend of anyone here. Im just a guy who enjoys the game and the advice I get from the people here.

Philly

Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

dagorauk

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 06:35:50 AM »
Yes, it is generous in a way to allow the forums to stay up. I used to enjoy Chronopia until it died a while ago. I'm not trying to acquire new pieces to play either Chronopia or Warzone.  I'd rather get models for leisure painting or maybe a different game.

And yeah...there's always some other place I can go, but why bother going to other forums to advertise minis I don't want anymore when I could come here and put them up for people who obviously care about the game and love it to respond. Other places? Sure. Other places guaranteed to have as many fans? Not so much.

*edited out superfluous stuff*
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 09:10:29 PM by dagorauk »

Offline semai99

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2006, 07:22:02 AM »
First Wedge, I find it amusing that you put a "Selling vs. Trading" topic up right after mine was deleted (and I wasn't told why until I made this thread...) and it's not even in the Trading Post.

Sniper...
Maybe my attitude is poor but I think actions taken by moderators have been bull. Anything that marginally questioned or criticized something done by Excelsior was met with a modding and a warning. EE didn't check feedbacks, or didn't send responses to criticisms to let people know they were heard. That's why I think the extreme rule interpretation is crap. So I didn't have "Trade" in my post, it gets deleted without notification of why. Smells  like censorship...looks like censorship...hell why not complain and see how high I can get my bad karma?

I don't understand your ranting, you admit you didn't have trade in your post and it clearly states the rules of the forum its an trading board only, so thats not censorship at all its conforming to the rules of this forum not anyone elses. So why not just repost and say 'trade' unless you were hoping for cash buyers and therefore it was right to be removed so I'd try again and word your requirements of the trade better.

Also on another note the moderators on this forum do a good job and its not rife with mudsligging which you get a lot of on other boards I actually enjoy reading posts and not getting into flamewars, and this is mainly due to the 'policing' by the moderators.
I came, I saw, I ran away

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2006, 08:03:04 AM »
If you want to give them away then offer to trade them for nothing - simply put free to a good home and relist.

As for attacking Wedge and the policies - you were wrong. You should have sent a PM to a Mod asking why instead of deliberately provoking a fight. If your sole purpose is to cause trouble then take the train. There are plenty of forums where bashing Thom, Excelsior, and several of us here is a favorite past-time. Pick one and go call us names all you want.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Wedge

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2006, 10:48:27 AM »
Without trying to start a fight, truth be told there is bad blood between Dagorauk and the moderators (mainly me).  Incidents in the past, where I have regretably lost my cool, have put a bad taste in his mouth and while I do my best to remain nuetral I am only human and sometimes slip.

To answer your question Dagorauk.  You post was not the only one deleted with no explanation given.  Two other forum go'ers posted stuff to sell and I deleted all of them.  To save time I posted a thread about trading versus selling in the ANNOUNCEMENTS section.  A place that would be appropriate for such announcements.  In hindsight, maybe posting both in the announcements and the trading post would have been better, but I did at least address the issue publicly and not name names.  I thought I was being the bigger person here by not slinging mud directly at people and just giving folks a gentle warning.

I am honestly not trying to provoke you, but you seem to take offense at anything remotely directed toward you.  I wish I could change your outlook of the moderator staff and the management of these games but frankly I don't have the time or inclination.

If you would like to relist your stuff as FREE to a good home then by all means do so.  I would not want to keep your miniatures from someone who might need them or wish to continue playing these great games.

I politely asked you to not use the word Gestapo in the derogatory way that you did because it offended me.  You failed to respect that wish and further used again in a childish, taunting manner.  I will politely ask you one more time to refrain from using that word as you have--for personal reasons.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 10:50:05 AM by Wedge »

dagorauk

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2006, 09:12:48 PM »
I'd just like to post an apology to you, Wedge for what little it's worth. I let my temper get the best of me and just spouted off like a punk. Should've just cooled down and tried to be more cooperative.

Moral of the Story - Don't post on a forum when you're sick and already riled up about something else.