Author Topic: Excelsior is bankrupt?  (Read 6387 times)

mikhaila

Excelsior is bankrupt?
« on: March 13, 2006, 04:19:22 PM »
Can anyone confirm for me whether Excelsior is still in business?

I recieved a call today from someone, who did not give a company name, saying that he was clearing out what was left of a bankrupt game store named Excelsior, and cleaning out the space for the landlord. He basically wanted  to know if my shop would want to buy doomtrooper cards, dungeon and dragon books, etc.

Whenever I have someone bringing in large amounts of stock like that, the first thing I check is to make sure that it is coming from a legitimate source, and not stolen from somewhere.

If anyone can confirm/deny that Excelsior is bankrupt, I would appreciate it. If not true, sorry for starting a rumour.

Thanks,

Mike Clark at Showcase Comics

Offline alt_joe

Re: Excelsior is bankrupt?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 04:32:15 PM »

I'd hoped that this would wait till after the properties hand offs to come up.

As far as I know, it's true, EE is out of business.

I don't know much more than ya'll do and I was hoping to get an official announcement one way or the other, but as I understand it the loss of the liscenses was the death blow for the company.

I could be wrong.
I hope I am.

but most likely, he's legit and that's the leftover stock.    However you might want to make certain that some of that property isn't Paradox Entertainments.

-PFC joe

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 09:56:02 PM »
Mike, you have e-mail.

Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin

Offline Alpha

• FAQ Team
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 10:01:18 PM »
*sigh* - I'm really sad to hear this, but I guess we all saw this as the inevitablility.

I wish Thom and all the folks at EE the best...and sincerely thank them for their efforts with WZ. We currently have the most balanced and enjoyable rule set produced - have lots of new units to proxy or modify - and plenty gaming to do. I would have loved to have seen Argosy, Cerulean Mists and all kinds of new sculpts and squads - but I'm grateful for the fine product we do have.  Now we just have to look at the upcoming CMG as a new game in the series - like SoTC etc - and give it a try. The new stewards deserve our support as well. They are adding to the gaming universe we love and will be putting time, money and effort into creating a new product for us to enjoy.

I hope to see a lot of familiar faces there....and will miss the folks at EE.
Does anyone have any news about Thom?
Arch Nemesis of the Pathetically Correct
Ebay Handle: Alpha-Male

mikhaila

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 05:59:32 AM »
I've recieved several emails from folks inquiring about buying some of Excelsiors stock, so I need to clarify some things.

I should have made it more clear in my first post, sorry. I don't currently have any stock from Excelsior. I have had contact with a gentleman who claimed he was cleaning out the warehouse for the landlord, and looking for buyers.

My first step was to make certain that Excelsior is out of business, and that the people contacting me have a legitimate right to the stock.

So far, I've only had phonecalls. If it's legitimate, and for sale, and I aquire it, I'll try to post here what we are doing with the stock.

Thanks

Mike at Showcase

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 07:18:24 AM »
The only person who can accurately answer questions to the status of Excelsior is Thom. You might want to email Anubis and ask him to direct Thom's attention to this item as Thom is dealing with health issues and has been incommunicado for the last couple of months.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890