Author Topic: ...Dark Legion flying models wings clipped ?  (Read 3378 times)

Timthetekron

...Dark Legion flying models wings clipped ?
« on: March 17, 2006, 06:29:44 PM »
...FACT...The following DARK LEGION models have the same winged-appendage looking thingy on there backs:

*EZOGHOUL*

*ZENITHIAN SOULSLAYER*

*ZENITHIAN SLAUGHTERMASTER*

*ANGEL OF MERCY*

...question...what the hell are they? I don't think the Dark Legion has any need for coat racks. Just like those horn appendages on NEPHARITES and the PRETORIAN STALKER, and PRETORIAN BEHEMOTH, they aren't there just for good looks.

...I recall reading in the paperback FRENZY where EZOGHOULS could fly like a pegasus. If that is true, why can none of the other models, especially something called an "ANGEL OF MERCY" of all things, not have the ability to fly? O.K. maybe the author took poetic license with the whole flying EZOGHOUL thing but the question still remains...                                                                                                           

IMHO
...I would say an EZOGHOUL, due to it's massive size has a limited flight ability. That it can use its ability to make powerful and sustained leaps over long distances. Not true flight, just the ability to leap highup and over then down into or behind enemy troops. Sort of an enhanced power leaping charge.

...ZENITHIAN SOULSLAYER and SLAUGHTERMASTER should both have sustained flight capability...kinda like some gargoyle or something. Imagine them swooping into the enemy from above slashing with there claws or grabbing hold of a trooper only to then drop them from high above the battlefield.

...ANGEL OF MERCY should also have sustained flight capability, maybe quicker and more maneuverable.

...does anyone have an opinion about this topic?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 06:34:02 PM by Timthetekron »

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
Re: ...Dark Legion flying models wings clipped ?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 10:33:15 PM »
IIRC

the Ezoghoul could fly.

The Soulslayers and Slaughtermasters had a sort of scything pincer action with thier bony proterberances ( i murdered that word).

the Angel of Mercy was scary.  and i think that might be all he could do.

-PFC joe
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

Offline kwegibu

Re: ...Dark Legion flying models wings clipped ?
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 08:50:48 PM »
Huh. I never knew the ezoghoul could fly. Only have siege ezo's, but i don't remember wing nooks. Will have to dig some out of the closet and check.

No wonder it is so hard to beat "Escape from the Ezoghoul" without spectral displacement. Well, only if you play with our house rule of +1 AR for the ezoghoul, because otherwise the mission always becomes "Try to kill the ezoghoul using all your doomtrooper cards and extra actions, take the 10 pts, and stroll out of the mission".  That's always the best mission to play dark legion for, as it usually has the most kills and certianly the most credits.

Man, siege is such an awesome game. Part of the awesomeness of Mutant Chronicles is the fact that the unviverse has no good guys. The corporations only work together if its mutually beneficial. And even then it's not always guarenteed :) Oh the woe/glee of the bottom half of the doom trooper card.......when we play warzone we always tried to keep the same approach of mutual goal of defeating the dark legion, but still in competition with each other in the process.