Author Topic: Wolfclaw-T32  (Read 7552 times)

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
Wolfclaw-T32
« on: January 02, 2008, 02:53:59 AM »
 Here is a link to Francesco's forum where some one has posted pictures of their vehicle.

http://www.solopergioco.net/portale/viewtopic.php?t=1125&highlight=

Offline brynolf

Re: Wolfclaw-T32
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 03:26:17 AM »
I never understood why Target put the Grizzly into Warzone and not the Wolfclaw... Sigh. It's one of the coolest tanks ever.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 06:04:02 AM »
Actually they Forge World (two words, now Armorcast) made them in extremely limited quantities.

I have done up plans for one if anyone else is interested.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline brynolf

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 07:20:38 AM »
Actually they Forge World (two words, now Armorcast) made them in extremely limited quantities.

I have done up plans for one if anyone else is interested.

Whait a sec, you mean There were TWO Forge worlds? And that Grizzly wasn't made by GW's compadres?

And wait another sec... there WAS a Wolfclaw model? Anyone has pics of that one?

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 07:42:37 AM »
Yep - the current incarnation of Forgeworld is the second to use a variation of the name. I don't know if they did the Wolfclaw but they did the Jackal, Black Widow and several other Warzone resin items.

Actually, if you do a thread search there ought to be a pic or two of it here. Here is a link to get you started

http://forum54.oli.us/index.php?topic=2658.msg22126#msg22126
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 07:56:46 AM by Topkick »
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 10:24:45 AM »
Forgeworld Kreig vehicles are pretty cool too - check out the centaur troop carrier - but combined with U.S. shipping can get a little pricey -

Offline brynolf

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 12:54:38 PM »
Forgeworld Kreig vehicles are pretty cool too

Yeah, but now you're talking GW-FW, not Grizzly-FW. That little vehicle was awsome, by the way. I want some for my custom Imperial trench army!

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 01:05:09 PM »
yeah - DESPITE being GW, it is rather nifty looking - maybe for a Bauhaus Arctic explorer or something.  Price means it slides waaaay down on my wish list though.

D

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 08:57:35 AM »
Forge World was licensed by GW to produce several early kits (the first titans, drop pods, banblades etc.).  GW saw how much dough these guys were making and pulled the license (sound familiar anyone?) then started their own Forgeworld.  The old FW split into Armorcast and Epicast, (before or after the license was pulled-I'm not sure) which are both still around, although Armorcast went down and was recently bought out by a new crew and Epicast just does figure bases.

Forgeworld does fantastic work-I'll be the first to admit this-but you pay for what you get. 
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 12:43:11 PM »
Interesting.  Did not know that history. 

BTW - Armorcast is back - doing some nice stuff - but FW's sculpting is simply masterful.

D

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 02:32:33 PM »
Not only is Armorcast back but they report that they are nearing completion on the master of a Dropship.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Seamus

• Branch Incentives
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 05:22:21 PM »
Speaking of dropships, check out this thread on Terragenesis for an inexpensive toy container that would make a good drop pod for Dark Legion or you could use two or three as the engine pods for a drop ship:

http://www.terragenesis.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2937
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 04:07:38 AM by Seamus »
Seamus Muadhen
eBay: branchenterprisesinternational
email: dkidd23 AT yahoo DOT com

There is no security on this earth, there is only opportunity.
General Douglas MacArthur
US WWII general & war hero (1880 - 1964)

Offline brynolf

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2008, 05:45:43 AM »
Forge World was licensed by GW to produce several early kits (the first titans, drop pods, banblades etc.).  GW saw how much dough these guys were making and pulled the license (sound familiar anyone?) then started their own Forgeworld.  The old FW split into Armorcast and Epicast, (before or after the license was pulled-I'm not sure) which are both still around, although Armorcast went down and was recently bought out by a new crew and Epicast just does figure bases.

Wow, really? So the Grizzly and the early baneblade/titan models were made by the same FW? Interesting.