Author Topic: Fantasy Flight Games will produce MC CMG  (Read 51551 times)

Offline Enker

Re: Fantasy Flight Games will produce MC CMG
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2006, 12:05:12 AM »
That are really bad news. Models in another scale! Argghhhh!
I'm not so familar with this. Is 36mm scale larger or smaller as the current UWZ scale?
Marines! Lets kick some A S S!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2006, 12:06:49 AM »
About 6mm bigger. Not a lot in the overall scheme of life but enough to be noticible with 25-30 mm terrain which is the standard
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2006, 12:31:14 AM »
Moderator Note!
Ok, everyone take a deep breath and cool it!

There's no use starting attacking anyone. Not here or in other fora.

A lot of us were hoping for someone to continue producing the Warzone we know and love. This is apparently not what FFG is going to do at the moment.

Who knows what the future will hold, maybe there will be a metal miniature game along the lines of Ultimate Warzone. I've recently had the distinction between Mechwarrior and Battletech (Classic) explained to me and that would have been a nice alternative.

Meanwhile as has been mentioned we the fans can try to keep things running until Paradox realizes that there can be two different games in the MC Universe.

I am sure FFG will produce a fun game since it seems they have made a bunch of games people like in the past. Will it appeal to me or the average UWZ fan? Maybe, maybe not. I will certainly get a starter and give it a chance but I'm not likely to get into the whole collectable thing.

/Andreas

Offline sandorado

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2006, 01:38:02 AM »
Topkick, I only write my opinion obout the topic:
Fantasy Flight Games will produce MC CMG

I'm a MC fan, more than Warzone fan.
New games? New miniatures? New players?
Good, good, good (like Sidious...  ;D ).

But I'm displeasure for EE, the company that I considered like point of reference for many years.
I hope that Thom and all EE staff can work again to a new version of Warzone.
But in this topic we talk about a new game.
I have a dream: two miniatures games on Mutant Chronicles Universe.

Bye
Fabio
www.mutant.it
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 01:39:52 AM by sandorado »

gazgaroth

« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2006, 02:02:39 AM »
hello all (waves awkwardly)
my name is gaz, i'm in australia. been playing mutant chronicles, warzone and all that type o stuffs since just about the beginning. i thought it all died when second ed died.  but till a few nights ago i found a web site excelsior entertainment. wow it s still going i thought. then i found the forum link and i been reading a lot about what’s been going on.

hurray its not dead.
i don't really care what direction these new guys are taking it, i'm just glade something is happening with it.
my 2 cents or 1 cent is that this new direction is a type of 'probe' in to the market to see if there is still an interest. unlike my self, i'm sure these guys are business type people who know business type stuff like planning, graphs, vectors (you got know your vectors), pens in top pockets etc etc. and if it goes well, with what i term a 'probe'  :-\, maybe a mini based game will follow.
who knows maybe they'll release a series of collectable thimbles, with the personalities you know and love displayed on the thimble. i'd love to do some quilt work with a Vince Diamond on my pinkie.

but seriously
it's obviously that the mutant chronicles universe is a big part of a lot of you, and that give me a lot of satisfaction to see a bunch of guys who haven’t give up on it through all the **** its gone through. don't get to cut up about it. you can still play the older systems as i did for about 2 years after i thought it was gone forever.

there are worst things in life, least you dont have to kill people to eat.

'probe' is really funny word. that just made my night.

it was nice meet you all and good luck

gazgaroth

« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2006, 02:06:37 AM »
i cant believe i got censord   :-[
this internet thing is full of serprises.

Offline Christof

• Linia Frontu
LINIA FRONTU - Ultimate Warzone Website
my wargaming blog

Offline TwoGunBob

« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2006, 07:53:38 AM »
Well Ultimate Warzone's future is dead to me. I will not be purchasing Mutant Chronicles: Ultimate Clicking Prepaint Edition Volume Fore, I will not pruchase the Evil Clicking Venusian Jungles of Doom Expansion pack with limited edition Golden Venusian Ranger guaranteed if you buy an entire case. This will probably be the next Creepy Freeks. The market is already awash with collectible games, anyone notice a downturn in Pirates of the Spanish Main since they start American Arrr Pirates!! and whatnot?
Honestly I never thought the tombstone for Warzone would be prepainted and made out of plastic. Sure I'll have Ultimate Warzone and the occasional game I can sqaunder out of people. Perhaps I'll even manage to build more armies when ebay gets flooded with everyone jumping ship.

I am not Jack's Market Demographic for this game.

Will FFG care that they don't get any of my hard earned money? No. I as a veteran of Ultimate Warzone am not the audience they are trying to woo. Actually they'd probably prefer I go away altogether lest I put tarnish on this upcoming brand new game.

I am not bitter at FFG, they bought the license and have no obligation to tailor their products and company towards my taste. In general I am just angry that a game I love is entering the realms of exclusive fan support and I probably won't be able to find any of the miniatures I might be needing in the future.

I hope FFG does well. I'm sure they know they've drawn the Deadly Gypsy Eye Curse from everyone that pushes lead in the Warzone universe. I'd hazard it's of very little concern to their business plan fr the future.

Currently playing:
Bow House: Saggy Old Ellie
Dark Lesion: Ill Ian, Whored
Empirical: I D... Ef' Em

Vingthor

« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2006, 08:08:02 AM »
 I will give them a chance. The idea of a game like Seige of the Citadel in 36mm with pre painted figures (that I can always repaint) kind of intrigueing.

PMP Ving

Offline wokrze

« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2006, 08:25:19 AM »
...a game like Seige of the Citadel...
I wouldn't count on it - SotC was very far from CCG.

Offline Pieper

« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2006, 09:25:48 AM »
Well I for  one will give the game a chance, in fact sent in my request as a playtester yesterday.  I think this is a good direction to take MC right now.  And for the champions of 1st Ed this might even be a real plus, because this new game could see a return to the heroic gaming where 1 Doom trooper was worth a hundred zombies.  

As far as the metal game, Warzone?  I would like to see a kind of NetEpic thing where the fan base keeps it alive and coherent.  But what I am going to do is return to 1st Ed. create stat lines for the new units that have released figures and play that.  And the reason for that is that the fan base for WZ in my town was all 1st Ed. so it will be a lot easier to generate a group of players that way.

Offline WarlordtheFT

• Journeyman
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2006, 10:09:39 AM »
MikeE.

After reading the posts and all, I kind of feel a little sorry for your posting here. I don't like to see people get flamed for providing information. (I am somewhat reminded of the saying about killing the messanger). I also understand that as a playtester for the new game, you have shown an interest in seeing the game succeed.

I have played 1-3rd editions of the game and loved it so much I can't even fathom going to another system. A sisuation I think many here are also in.  I've tried many games in my 15+ years of table top gaming, from 1st ed 40k, Silent Death to HO scale modern wargames. I've always prefered the activation system in Warzone, and felt it was superiour to the other systems

I don't mind the prepainted minis, I still have an entire Elf chornopia army to paint, as well as the brother hood force I was rounding out. I have alot of the D&D collectible minis, as I have neither the time nor inclination to paint that much anymore (working full time does that to you). I will definitely want to see the game, but as someone pointed out the market is somewhat saturated.

Fantasy Flight Games is a good company, I have played many of their games and own quite a few (Twilight Imperium being one). That said, here are some suggestions you should take back to Fantasy Flight:

Keep the minitures in 28mm (D&D has 25mm, and id did not hurt their sales). As stated earlier, many persons have terrain designed for this scale. What is more interesting to get people playing, playing on a map or on a scaled model version of a Citidel.

Have two sets of rules, one basic, and one more advanced and like the Warzone TTG rules set.

Offer special sets based on corporation/faction. Something few CMG's have done.

435th AI Assault Regiment "Disposable Heroes"
Cybertronic

Offline kwegibu

« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2006, 12:51:41 PM »
I look forward to FFG's MC products.

That said, it'd be a pity if that was at the expense of Warzone as we know it.

However, if the CMG is successful FFG may decide to expand the product line with TTG, RPG, etc. Who knows?

In the meantime, i think the direction the license thread took towards the end is a good one. A community supported game system might work, the only problem would be the actual miniatures themselves. If such a project took off, hopefully excelsior would make their last contribution by passing along their unreleased material.

Poor mishima. Always on the verge of getting a force book when the company goes under.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2006, 05:18:56 PM »
How much space is going to be devoted to announcing the acquistion of the Mutant Chronicles Universe by FFG?

While it was polite for a rep to come here and inform us directly this is becoming more than annoying. The announcement should have been made and people directed to the FFG site to ask questions. This is still the Excelsior Forum and devoted to the TTG version of the game.

We all know that FFG has the rights now okay? We freakin get it. For those of you who think this is a good thing go to the FFG site and sign up on their forums. Then you can ask questioons, poor mouth Thom's and Excelsior's efforts or call me a low life SOB to your hearts content.

There are some of us who have invested more than time and money in this endeavor - I'm talking sweat, blood, heart and soul and for us this is not the news of Warzone's salvation. We are saddened at this ending and worried about the health of our brother and friend Thom Talamini.

If you want to stay be respectful of our loss and mindful of your manners as we would and will on your forums. Otherwise leave us in peace to regroup and help one another thru this.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 05:21:37 PM by Topkick »
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Timthetekron

« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2006, 06:10:59 PM »
...looking forward to this CMG. Lets not kid ourselves, The Mutant Chronicles really needs exposure to the masses like Target gave it back in the day and this should do that well. Also, if the Movie actually comes out, I think a reawakening and reintroduction will hopefully follow...then you can invest in and pull out the big stuff like a RPG and TTG.

...as to the 36mm scale, ( which is more or less another way of saying 1:48 sacle ), I think thats a good move also...in fact it really is not much of a move at all from those 1st edition minis. Take a measurement of an old Warzone mini like a Capitol Freemarine and you will see. The minis were generally scaled BACK from those larger ones over time. So, I hope they do them up in 36mm as they will be abit larger but very compatible with all our other MC minis...really!

...THE MUTANT CHRONICLES is just to awesome and cool of a liscence to ever "die".