Author Topic: ...hey, Gubs...  (Read 3785 times)

Timthetekron

...hey, Gubs...
« on: March 03, 2006, 08:16:09 PM »
...really like your work. The OGRE DEATHSEEKER sculpt-in-progress you posted is looking sweet. I would have posted this there, but the thread was closed before I got to it. I would say the most important thing in a mini is the pose and everything else eminates from that, and you really have that going on. I really like your style, man. Thanks for the pic, and your site. Stay in the green stuff!

Offline Gubs

• Prophet Miniatures
Re: ...hey, Gubs...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 09:38:43 PM »
Thanks Tim!  No plans for finishing the figure at the moment, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it was reworked into an orc for Reaper sometime later in the year.  It's a little disappointing I won't be doing any more Chronopia figs as this whole licensing issue popped up just as I was really digging into the game world (great timing on my part). There's so much potential for fantastic figures in the artwork!  I hope whoever is willing to take a risk on Chronopia capitalizes on that.

Timthetekron

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 06:47:51 PM »
...I have no doubt that Ron at Reaper would gobble that one up before you could blink your eyes. I have alot of hope in the Mutant Chronicle and Chronopia licences, the impact they made on the gaming scene with 1st edition was profound IMHO. You may want to hold on to that Ogre Death Seeker though. I cant shake the feeling that we are all going to be seeing some real progress and direction to these two licenses in the near future and who knows what opportunity lay ahead. Yea, the artwork is awesome in these games, they're so inspirational for sculpting, my imagination goes wild. But you know what? You at least got a sense of what its like to sculpt for Chronopia before the doors closed... no one can ever take that from you. Lets not kid ourselves, this whole sculpting bussiness can be brutal. Keep that torch burning, there is always hope! 

Wedge

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 10:02:10 AM »
Has any more progress been made on this model in spite of recent events?
 :-\