Author Topic: Errs...or just a weak Brotherhood?  (Read 27308 times)

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: Errs...or just a weak Brotherhood?
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2007, 04:54:45 PM »
You have ultimate tutor of Brotherhood goodness living in Philly. Everytime I have seen Thom field them they do okay. He migfht not always win but he is rarely routed with them.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2007, 06:11:20 PM »
You have ultimate tutor of Brotherhood goodness living in Philly. Everytime I have seen Thom field them they do okay. He migfht not always win but he is rarely routed with them.

Very true.

But he needs to answer a phone in order to  set up a day to play. >:(
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline T Prime

• Big Kahuna, Chairman of the Board
  • Administrator
  • Member Prime
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2007, 07:50:17 AM »
OUCH!!!  I believe I was rebuffed.    :o
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
Excelsior!!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2007, 10:43:28 PM »
OUCH!!!  I believe I was rebuffed.    :o

Oof - and so soon after Thanksgiving.  One wouold think that Archer couldn't possible eat another bite, let alone his whole foot... ;)
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2007, 01:30:48 AM »
OUCH!!!  I believe I was rebuffed.    :o

In Archer's defense this is the first I can remember him speaking thusly. Therefore, technically, you were merely buffed. If  he does so again then you will be rebuffed.  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline Enker

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2007, 03:34:56 AM »
Hi, my first quote after a looong time.

To come back to the original topic.
We have a Brotherhood player, too and he chanced to Bauhaus because he is thinking that the Brotherhood is to weak.
And I can fully understand him. The Brotherhood has only a very few usable models.
Maybe if you play against the Legion there are a little bit better, but you seldom play against them.
And the Brohterhoodplayer had a fully painted Brotherhood Armee, so it was no easy choice for him to chance to Bauhaus.
Marines! Lets kick some A S S!

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2007, 10:32:44 AM »
Weak Brotherhood --- I say...so what?  Look folks, you have a CHOICE of what army to play. 

Having begun my Warzone life as a Bhood Battle Bishop, I think it is a measure of the commander how a Bhood army does.

Perhaps if measured point-for-point, the Bhood doesn't stack up....I say that's fine!  Bring 'em on.  That, my dear friends is what we call...a challenge.  That's what made Hanibal (not the flesh eater, the Rome beater) an eternal legend, what made the battle of Bannockburn a multimillion dollar movie, what makes dating super models so much fun...the challenge man!  The challenge!   After all, who remembers the name of the Roman Decurion who conquered Numidia?

Not all armies in the world are created equal...just as not all battles (in fact I can't really think of any) were fought on equal footing.

I played the brotherhood when I first began (many many many moons ago) because something about their neo-crusader nature appealed to me, that and their mystic abilities (though I feel these could be a little more exciting and interesting...but more on that another time). 

I took them because I LIKED them, and that meant liking their limitations as well.  I mean, come on fellas, they're not a total loss.  I have rocked the field with those sentinels, and I've seen Nicodemus take out a Mercurian Maculator and still have time to
spank Sinstress Salandria chainy bottom.

My suggestion is, try playing more scenarios, rather then stand up battles with even point per side.  As was mentioned, Bhood boys rarely break from even the grimmest fight.

And against the DL they are downright nasty...Quelle surpris. 

So - I suppose my final say on this (until I have more to say, that is...I know you're all very excited) is look on the Bhood as the underdog, the "300," the army for veteran players teaching newbies, the tactical challenge, the force to hone your UWZ skills to a razor edge with and therefore gain DOUBLE GLOATING rights when you DO win.

NOTE: I also find its healthy to gloat a bit even when I lose....though, gosh, it's been so long since that's happened.... ;) 

Example 1:  You lose...

Bauahaus Commander:  I crushed you yet again.
Bhood Commander: Perhaps, but I died fighting to the last man..

Example 2:  You win....

Bauahaus Commander:  Drats. I lost.
Bhood Commander: No!  No!  You did FINE.  ...even though I destroyed your mechanized monster with an underarmed band of sandal-wearing monks but there's no reason to feel bad.

....Fluffwise/figwise-- I don't disagree with several of the suggestions made (I think Sentinals shuodl have Enhanced Charge, and 2ndardy Attacks for Morts, Assassins, and Crenshaw are spot on),

BUT...and folks, that's a big but...these are minor, albeit appropriate, fixes that arent going to dramatically alter the success of power of your force. 

In closing I might say, because it's broke, it may not need fixing.  Perhaps the choice is to look inward, young Padawan.  Don't give in to your anger.  Remember your jedi training, practice to perfect your skills

...and stop whining beotch!

Bdeh-bdeh-bdeh...that's all folks.

D

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2007, 02:15:48 PM »
A bit hardcore, but I gotta say, "good show."  I totally agree with the sentiment.  I have yet to play Brotherhood, but have played against it.  I do not believe that I won because my models were better - I believe that my tactics were more sound (and the players that I played were relatively new to their force).  That said, I played Imperial (not my choice of armies, usually), so I, myself, was relatively new to my force, as well.

It was a fun battle, and, afterall smack talk is said and done, that is the only reason that I play, anymore - fun.  I do not play as if winning were the only acceptable outcome.  I do not play for the humiliation of my opponent.  I do tend to be a bit more competitive in a tourney, but in all other instances, my goal is to enjoy the experience - nothing more, and certainly not less.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2007, 02:37:34 PM »
Agreed - and certainly my post (as with all my posts) should be read and taken in a good natured, lighthearted tone.   It by no means is meant to put down or denegrade anyone...unless they deserve it. ;)

I always feel if you're not in a tournament playing for a gorgonzillion dollars, , it should be all about the f-u-n.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2007, 02:50:15 PM »
A bit hardcore, but I gotta say, "good show."  I totally agree with the sentiment.  I have yet to play Brotherhood, but have played against it.  I do not believe that I won because my models were better - I believe that my tactics were more sound (and the players that I played were relatively new to their force).  That said, I played Imperial (not my choice of armies, usually), so I, myself, was relatively new to my force, as well.

It was a fun battle, and, afterall smack talk is said and done, that is the only reason that I play, anymore - fun.  I do not play as if winning were the only acceptable outcome.  I do not play for the humiliation of my opponent.  I do tend to be a bit more competitive in a tourney, but in all other instances, my goal is to enjoy the experience - nothing more, and certainly not less.

I have several things to say on this topic -

*Topkick morphs into Conan*
Thom:  What is the best part of Warzone?
DMcGee: The friendly competition, fun, doing your best, and chance to learn.
Thom: Wrong! Topkick! What is best in Warzone?  
Topkick: To crush your enemies' figures, to see your opponent sniveling before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

*Topkick morphs into Kreese*
Topkick: We do not train to be merciful here. Mercy is for the weak. Here, in the streets, in competition: A man confronts you, he is the enemy. An enemy deserves no mercy.

*Topkick morphs into a Dalek*
Topkick: EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

;D

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2007, 02:58:24 PM »
;D (yes, this makes me a postwhore)

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2007, 03:00:22 PM »
As far as weak or not, I have no opinion as I have never played them..... BUT I know they make darn good partners in a 2Vs2 scenario. I teamed up with Coil against the DL and we rocked. The Bhood more than held their own and actually pulled my Cartel can out of the fire a time or two  ;D
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2007, 03:02:04 PM »
But as a post-whore you are at least paid. I make up stuff to post just for the fun of it - makes me a post-slut I guess.

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2007, 05:56:46 PM »
I tend to think that each faction can be very good if used properly.  I have a sizable Bhoody force, I've never played them but since I own the force, I've taken a good hard look at them and I don't see where they would be lacking anymore than any other faction.  You just need to use the right pieces, with the right scenario, and the right terrain.  What I'm saying is there are a lot of things to consider that can make a force appear strong or weak.  The same force list used in 2 different scenarios will perform completely different.

As far as weak or not, I have no opinion as I have never played them..... BUT I know they make darn good partners in a 2Vs2 scenario. I teamed up with Coil against the DL and we rocked. The Bhood more than held their own and actually pulled my Cartel can out of the fire a time or two  ;D

With the comments made above, I need to ask was this the Bhood that performed well or was it the fact that Coil was their commander, that made them perform so well?
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2007, 06:16:19 PM »
With the comments made above, I need to ask was this the Bhood that performed well or was it the fact that Coil was their commander, that made them perform so well?

I think it was a bit of both. Tho the figs themselves accounted well in battle. Cartel and Bhood actually make a very good tandem. They kind of balance out each others weaknesses ... ie The lack of strong CC for cartel with the lack of strong AR infiltrating units in Bhood.
Coils tactics were excellent as were his partners  ;D
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem