Author Topic: Dwarf Totems in an army.  (Read 12389 times)

Offline Buzzu

Dwarf Totems in an army.
« on: August 25, 2018, 06:03:51 PM »
Hy. After an amazing match between some dwarves and Helios elves, some questions arose about how many totems and keepers could be played in an army. The main questions are: How many totems can a keeper hold? If I have a Dark Tusk keeper in play, can I field two Dark Tusk totems? Or do I have to place one Keeper for every totem I'm gonna play?

Here's more. According to the rules (p.195) a Keeper must belong to the main clan I'm playing. Let's suppose I already have a keeper and a Totem of the main clan, can I play another keeper of a different clan in my remaining 40% of the army? (Obviously respecting the rules of 1wb/individual and the full AP amount of the army).

Let's make it clear once and for all. Thank for your help.

Offline DARNIZHAAN

• Castle Triskelion
Re: Dwarf Totems in an army.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 06:12:56 PM »
I don't see any limit to the number of keepers you can have, unlike blackblood alchemists or stygian priestesses.

I don't see any limit to the number of totems you can have, either, so it appears you only need 1 dwarf clan keeper and you can field as many totems of that type as you like.

Offline Buzzu

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 10:09:15 AM »
Alchemists of the blackbloods have no limits. You can field as many of them as you want (with one wb each of course).
Apart from this, I appreciate your answer but I need the second answer too: can I place ANOTHER DIFFERENT keeper in my 40% secondary clans units if I placed one of the main clan into the army? (See page 195).

Thank you!

Offline DARNIZHAAN

• Castle Triskelion
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 07:17:35 PM »
You are right about the alchemist.  I should have use a lotus eater as an example.   

I think you can only use keepers from main army clan, no second keeper based on the rules as written.

Of course if I was playing against you I would encourage you to play multiple keepers and different kinds 9f totems because they look awesome on the board.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 05:12:03 PM »
You can have any number of Keepers as long as the army fits the 60%/40% rule.

Dark tusk keeper / squad of dark stars
Dark tusk keeper/ squad of dark axes
Wolf Clan keeper / squad of desert wolves.   Make sure the points are appropriate for the game!
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA