Author Topic: Chronicles of the Wayfarer  (Read 54803 times)

Offline Jr_Boyd

Re: Chronicles of the Wayfarer
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2016, 09:02:08 PM »
Hey Guys, here is another sneak peek into what I am creating. This character is called the Schematicist. He is a techno priest for the KotK. I have attached is art from the game and his 15mm figure. The inspiration for this model was done by Benedikt Schwarz or as you know him "Horned Owl" who has been a major contributor to how the look of this game has evolved. Also attached are concept pictures for his war engine creation called the Storm Tower.  Francesco has the Storm Tower model complete and it is fantastic. The back door drops, has a complete interior and you can put whatever figures you want inside. I am really looking forward to making the Schematicist figure in 30mm but for now you have to paint the little guy! Love to hear what you think?

Storm Tower
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 11:51:05 AM by Jr_Boyd »

Offline Jr_Boyd

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2016, 11:36:16 AM »
Here are the 3D renderings for the Storm Tower. The rear door does drop and the hatch on top can be left open as well. Let me know what you think...

Offline kvaerne

• @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2016, 05:54:03 AM »
Woow  :o, exceptional  :)

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2016, 08:06:51 PM »
Oh, how you tempt us!
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Offline Jr_Boyd

« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2016, 09:47:41 AM »
Okay here are the first pictures of the Siege Fortress. Keep in mind this is built for 15 mm figures and is very large. figures can fit in the inside. the back door drops, the boarding ramps drop and the hatch in the center opens. There are two rams a spinning blade and drill. The rear platform supports a bolt thrower, catapult and a secret called the soul maul. This is much larger than the Storm Tower.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2016, 08:28:59 PM »
Wildness!
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Horned Owl

• Hoot!
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2016, 11:01:50 AM »
15mm is so much more epic - more troops on the table, and pretty (One-)king-size warmachines and beasts to run said troops over.

Also, I´ve said it before: 15mm are ridiculously cheap. Doesn´t necessarily mean you spend less money, but it means the army you get for the same cash is something huge.

(Actually, using 15mm miniatures such as the Wayfarer range as proxies for Chronopia - while keeping inch distances the same as for the 28mm figures - will result in a much more realistic feel to missile ranges. I´ve tried it with proxies and was very satisfied with the results.)
"How was I supposed to know he was an unarmed man? His back was to me."

Offline Jr_Boyd

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2016, 08:40:54 AM »
So the KotK are starting to get painted. More shortly...

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2016, 12:22:59 PM »
I like it! 

Have you ever played OGAM (Of Gods and Men)?  Your 28mm avatar reminds me of the gods in that game, while the 15mm soldiers are the mortals.
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Offline Jr_Boyd

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2016, 09:31:45 PM »
No, I am not familiar with that one. I did a little googling and I see what you mean.

The game will have that epic feel to it. The troops will be over shadowed by some of the beast and War-machines. The starting base size is 40mm which will have 3 infantry on the base. Larger models like he Clay Golem and Sand Giant will be mounted one to a base. They will be able to fight with each other because the smaller troops will make things up with numbers. Models like the Siege Fortress will only be able to damaged by large creatures or support weapons like canons. I promise I am getting close to sharing a lot more information.

Until then enjoy the pictures.

JB

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2016, 11:52:08 PM »
Way Kuhl!!!!!
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Jr_Boyd

« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2016, 11:54:33 PM »
Just to keep this current here are some more pictures.

Offline Pueblic

• Journeyman
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2017, 12:47:14 PM »
John, congratulations on this great game. I'm glad when someone pulls out these kinds of personal projects.

Offline Jr_Boyd

« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2017, 11:29:38 PM »
Thank you, but for better or worse I am not at the finish line yet. The rules are 90% done, The artwork is 50% done, the first two armies are 100% designed, printed and master moulds. If it was not for the encouragement and positive feedback this would be a very daunting proposition. The Knights of the Kiln take over 65 molds/moulds to make. So when I kick in to full production I will be managing over a 140 molds/moulds for two figure lines. I honestly have been very surprised at what I have been able to accomplish with a modest budget and doing most of the work myself. Keep in mind this is a side project to my 50+ hours a week doing my "Real Job". I doubt I will take over the world but a small community will have a very personalized game that was created out of passion not profit. I guess I will let the rest take care of its self.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2017, 05:21:28 PM »
All in good time.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA